Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

paco wrote:
21 Feb 2022 19:00
I mean there is always something behind everything let's be real

Writing on the wall. Thanks Z you were a breath of fresh air while it lasted. Good luck in the future. Always seemed to be a good person and wear his heart on his sleeve

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
21 Feb 2022 19:52
paco wrote:
21 Feb 2022 19:00
I mean there is always something behind everything let's be real

Writing on the wall. Thanks Z you were a breath of fresh air while it lasted. Good luck in the future. Always seemed to be a good person and wear his heart on his sleeve
Yeah, hard choices gotta be made. After the necessities of Cobb and Crosby, Za'Darius prolly the 3rd most likely to be cut. If we talking of signing Campbell and/or Davante, just not gunna be room.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A real shame Zs final season with us turned out how it did
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
21 Feb 2022 20:15
Yeah, hard choices gotta be made. After the necessities of Cobb and Crosby, Za'Darius prolly the 3rd most likely to be cut.
3rd? There is no more clearer cut than Z due to the sheer savings he provides that are needed. Cobb and Crosby may also be slam dunks, but their savings provided are a drop in the hat compared to Z.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2022 07:58
BF004 wrote:
Yeah, hard choices gotta be made. After the necessities of Cobb and Crosby, Za'Darius prolly the 3rd most likely to be cut.
3rd? There is no more clearer cut than Z due to the sheer savings he provides that are needed. Cobb and Crosby may also be slam dunks, but their savings provided are a drop in the hat compared to Z.
Z's last season is the reason Ted shied away from UFA, still he was great for his first two seasons, so imo the signing was still a success, hopefully we can some how keep P Smith

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So just from an order of operations stand point, we can tag Davante Adams and do nothing with the cap till March 16th, correct?

Would be crazy to get under the cap with Rodgers and Davante on the books. Then if we happen to trade them, we'd immediately be like $50 million under the cap, lol. Could possibly try to resign some of the guys like a Billy Turner, Dean Lowry or Preston Smith, etc, who was cut to make room.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:35
NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2022 07:58
BF004 wrote:
Z's last season is the reason Ted shied away from UFA, still he was great for his first two seasons, so imo the signing was still a success, hopefully we can some how keep P Smith
I was happy to see some of the guys that were brought in through UFA, but even when it happened, my knee-jerk reaction was along the lines of "how hard is it to sign someone when throwing THAT much at them?"

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Packers signed a kicker today.
The Green Bay Packers have signed K Dominik Eberle. General Manager Brian Gutekunst announced the transaction Tuesday.
I thought they had their Crosby replacement already? Guess they want competition…or a camp leg.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hoping they don't do that with Bak and Jones.

Not sure how committed we want to be beyond 2022 and don't want like $15-$25 million in dead cap or like a 25 million cap hit for Jones or 35 for Bak or something silly down the road.

Z, Crosby, Lewis and Cobb cuts.

Cut or extend, Preston, Turner, Dean and Amos, could potentially try to resign either after league new year.

Extend Jaire.

And I think keep or trade, we can wiggle Aaron's contract just a little to make some room too.

Tag Davante.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
23 Feb 2022 08:25
Hoping they don't do that with Bak and Jones.

Not sure how committed we want to be beyond 2022 and don't want like $15-$25 million in dead cap or like a 25 million cap hit for Jones or 35 for Bak or something silly down the road.

Z, Crosby, Lewis and Cobb cuts.

Cut or extend, Preston, Turner, Dean and Amos, could potentially try to resign either after league new year.

Extend Jaire.

And I think keep or trade, we can wiggle Aaron's contract just a little to make some room too.

Tag Davante.
Clark makes sense because he is still on 26. Bakhtiari at 30, not so much. Aaron Jones as a 27 year old RB, not so much. Dean Lowry at 27, Amos at 28 and P Smith at 29 make sense as 2022 is their last year. Then extend Jaire.

I just hope we don't try to push this down the road again.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

about what we expected to hear, Gute will ride these ponies right to the glue factory, he'll extend Rodgers and sign Adams to some sort of deal that appears as though he's the highest paid WR if it only last 1 year as a show of respect.
Z is good as gone, same with Campbell and a few others, we can't keep everyone, have to replace some of these guys with draft picks.

this is what most fans want imo, and anything can happen once ya reach the playoffs, maybe that slogan is a thing of the past though now, last couple SB winners did so by selling the farm, every facet of the teams where laden with talent, seems like now days it does take the best team to win, life sucks. :bigcry:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I don't like moves like they just did with KC. A necessity, I get it, but just kicking the can down the road.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It is not a bad move for a guy like Clark who will be 29 by the time we need to resign him to avoid $5,446,000 in dead cap. We probably resign him in 2023 anyway.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
23 Feb 2022 14:41
I don't like moves like they just did with KC. A necessity, I get it, but just kicking the can down the road.
Hard/dumb decisions gotta be made. Kenny gunna be young enough and at a position that ages well to deserve a 3rd contract. One of the lower risk moves they have at their disposal.