Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

British wrote:
09 Jan 2022 21:30
Don't remember exactly, but wasn't that coming in off the bench unexpectedly? Love knew he would start ot play significantly several days in advance for both Chiefs and Lions.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Also that pats team allowed 14.8 points per game. The Lions this year allow 27.5 per game.

I think it is wise to not compare Love to Rodgers but to other quarterbacks. Rodgers is literally the best player of all time at the position.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

bud fox wrote:
10 Jan 2022 00:03
I think it is wise to not compare Love to Rodgers but to other quarterbacks. Rodgers is literally the best player of all time at the position.
Yes, I agree, it's not fair to compare Love with Rodgers and expect him to be as good. But as Packer fans it's our main point of reference so it's going to happen.

What I find interesting is that Rodgers looked garbage in his second year and, as you say, he became the best in the league.

Despite playing with the starters he was throwing balls into the dirt, taking sacks, fumbling, looked panicky, no vision.

And he didn't have his rookie year disrupted by a pandemic.

Rodgers was believed by some to be the best QB in the draft and a #1 overall pick.

Love was expected to be a late first rounder and everyone said he was raw as hell and needed to go sit for a couple of years and learn his craft.

Rodgers began to look competent in his 3rd year, after his 3rd off-season and 3rd round at MM's highly praised QB School.

Maybe we should give the same time to the less talented, less highly touted Love.

And yes, we shouldn't expect Love to be as good as a HOFer like Rodgers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I think it's pretty dumb to say "well Rodgers didn't know he would be playing and therefore him sucking is okay."

That is completely hindsight revisionist view.

I agree with British. Far too early to say anything. There was definite improvement from the Chiefs to the Lions. That was good. To me, his biggest issue is playing under pressure. He is really bad at it, but there was improvement here.

He at least did make some plays under pressure this time. The Dafney throw, the Regulars throw and the Taylor throw were all great plays under pressure. The Tyler Davis throw was a great throw. The Winfrey throw was pretty good. The 2nd EQSB throw was a laser.

That being said, he has a long ways to go. I don't grade on curves which is why I am giving him a C+. May be harsh but it came down to 2 throws. The miss to EQSB was bad. Really bad. You have to make that throw even when under pressure. If there is anywhere you miss, you have to miss to wide to the right and he missed to the left.

The 2nd interception was also bad. This too under pressure

Overall, this year is our shot. So I will be happy what we do regardless after this season. But it will all go down smoother if we win that damn ring.

This is our last real good shot at it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

there will be a lot of growing pains should we have to start Love next year, course not every team will blitz as often should Love have some success, plus I'am hoping the blocking is little better.

he was off on a few passes, and had a few that should have been caught, all in all I agree he looked better then he did in the KC game.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I know some here have been pretty vocal in undercutting the Rodgers to Denver scenario, alluding to the Broncos roster deficiencies outside of the QB position and what not. Based on what's happening in Denver right now with their coaching staff and commentary surrounding the team, I think those folks may want to reconsider.
“Everyone wants to blame the coaching. We’ve had five head coaches in nine years, so something’s not working.”
—Denver GM George Paton on Sunday, after firing head coach Vic Fangio, who was 19-30 in his three seasons as Broncos head coach.

Give you a one-word clue why Denver’s had five straight losing seasons: It’s 11 letters long, starts with Q, and the Broncos have had a million of ‘em since Payton Manning walked off campus.
7. I think one of the silliest things I saw Saturday night after the Broncos loss was a headline or two about Denver coach Vic Fangio “ripping” quarterbacks Drew Lock and Teddy Bridgewater. At his post-game press conference, Fangio was asked what was separating the Broncos from the three other teams in the division. He said, “Those three other teams have top-shelf quarterbacks, which is obvious to everyone. We just need to get a little better.” He didn’t say Lock stinks. He didn’t say Bridgewater stinks. He just implied Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert and Derek Carr are better. Stop the presses!!!

It would be wonderful if coaches could simply say what they think consistently, rather than telling the very mild truth and getting raked over the coals for it. You don’t win in the NFL without quality quarterback play. Ask Matt Rhule and Robert Saleh and Matt Nagy and Dan Campbell and Joe Judge. Would you rather Fangio have said, when asked what was separating Denver from the rest of the division, something like: “I don’t know—I’ll have to watch the film?” It’s just nonsense.
These blurbs were taken from Peter King's FMIA column this week. They are a microcosm of what Denver media is talking about. It's pretty clear to me what the Broncos and those in media who closely follow the team think is holding that team back.

The Broncos fired Vic Fangio. If we see Nathaniel Hackett scheduled to interview for that vacancy, look out. It's coming.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Seems clear that the Broncos will be *aggressive* at fixing their QB position this year. There's not an obvious starter in the draft.

That *probably* means a trade.

Watson could be viewed as too toxic.

I don't see the Seahawks trading Wilson without getting a QB of some kind in return. Carroll doesn't want a rebuild at his age.

Can't see the Raiders sending Derek Carr to a division rival.

Maybe they trade for Cousins or Jimmy G.

But the options outside of Rodgers look uninspiring or unlikely.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

British wrote:
10 Jan 2022 09:20
Carroll doesn't want a rebuild at his age.
Frankly, I will still be shocked if he survives the day. I know many will be low key surprised, but I fully expected Seattle to go in a new direction.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Russ Wilson should learn how to throw with a rod in his finger, then request a trade to Denver. He would do great there.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Jan 2022 09:33
Russ Wilson should learn how to throw with a rod in his finger, then request a trade to Denver. He would do great there.
:rotf:

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

British wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:16
We save like $80,000 against the cap by trading him. So there is 0 reason to trade him simply to trade him.

I wouldn't take less than a first. Given there is a large QB shortage this offseason, the draft kind of stinks. For a team looking to win soon, Love for like a late round first would make just as much sense as trying to take one in the top 10.

That said, I fully expect him back in Green Bay because I don't think anyone will offer that. But it wouldn't make any sense for GB to trade for like a 3rd rounder or less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:31
British wrote:
We save like $80,000 against the cap by trading him. So there is 0 reason to trade him simply to trade him.

I wouldn't take less than a first. Given there is a large QB shortage this offseason, the draft kind of stinks. For a team looking to win soon, Love for like a late round first would make just as much sense as trying to take one in the top 10.

That said, I fully expect him back in Green Bay because I don't think anyone will offer that. But it wouldn't make any sense for GB to trade for like a 3rd rounder or less.
The only way I see a Love trade happening is if Packers and Rodgers are moving forward together for multiple years, and Love demands a trade. If someone offers a 2 and 4, I'd probably take it. But I'd definitely push for a 1st.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I dont see Bukowski as credible. Texted an "nfl source"...okay buddy.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
British wrote:

No GM is going to give more than a 5th for Love based off of what he has shown.

As for Denver, the GM says it is a QB problem but then fires the coach. :dunno:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:35
BF004 wrote:
British wrote:

The only way I see a Love trade happening is if Packers and Rodgers are moving forward together for multiple years, and Love demands a trade. If someone offers a 2 and 4, I'd probably take it. But I'd definitely push for a 1st.
2 and a 4 can be close to late 1st round value, I'd likely take that all day.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:49
BF004 wrote:
British wrote:

Panthers gave up a 6th and future 2nd and 4th for Sam Darnold. Never say never.
RIP JustJeff

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

paco wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:53
wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2022 10:49
BF004 wrote:

Panthers gave up a 6th and future 2nd and 4th for Sam Darnold. Never say never.
And Darnold had actually proven, over two full seasons, that he was pretty bad.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Heck, the Colts traded a 1st for one of the worst QBs in 2020.

And he had an awful contract and wasn't even that young.

Teams are desperate. Love still has some mystery box appeal. Plus he has all the tools that a QB minded coach probably thinks he can develop.