Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I think a lot of people are looking at Love's trade value through green and gold glasses.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

British wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:04
Heck, the Colts traded a 1st for one of the worst QBs in 2020.

And he had an awful contract and wasn't even that young.

Teams are desperate. Love still has some mystery box appeal. Plus he has all the tools that a QB minded coach probably thinks he can develop.
Many teams have already evaluated Love throughout his first two years in the league, and most think he has been in a prime position to be developed (learning from MLF and Rodgers)...there is less mystery than you think in my opinion.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:06
I think a lot of people are looking at Love's trade value through green and gold glasses.
Nobody is. Nobody is expecting a first. We admit our own humility that we don't know what we don't know. That there are 31 other teams out there with their own likes and dislikes and needs with mountains of data and film more on Love that anyone here ever will.

We aren't speaking in absolutes like 'there is no way more than a 5th'. Because we simply don't know and a possibility exists in a not insignificant magnitude.

But all I mentioned above is that it simply doesn't make sense to trade him just to trade him. What do we gain by trading him for a 3rd or 4th? He just has so much more value to us, unless he demands a trade or tries to become a distraction or something.

So if he is traded, which I admitted was rare and not the likely outcome, it should be for honestly decent draft value.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:11
wallyuwl wrote:
Nobody is. Nobody is expecting a first. We admit our own humility that we don't know what we don't know. That there are 31 other teams out there with their own likes and dislikes and needs with mountains of data and film more on Love that anyone here ever will.

We aren't speaking in absolutes like 'there is no way more than a 5th'. Because we simply don't know and a possibility exists in a not insignificant magnitude.

But all I mentioned above is that it simply doesn't make sense to trade him just to trade him. What do we gain by trading him for a 3rd or 4th? He just has so much more value to us, unless he demands a trade or tries to become a distraction or something.

So if he is traded, which I admitted was rare and not the likely outcome, it should be for honestly decent draft value.
2nd and 4th, etc was mentioned. I think someone said first. Either way, his trade value is being overestimated by almost all on this thread. His draft value is what another team is willing to give up.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:16
BF004 wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

2nd and 4th, etc was mentioned. I think someone said first. Either way, his trade value is being overestimated by almost all on this thread. His draft value is what another team is willing to give up.
I think you are confused. We are stating that is what we would accept to trade him. And not less. I have no idea what his trade value is to 31 other teams, but if you don't offer that (which I don't think anyone will), then he'll be a Packer...

So I am expecting him to be a Packer again regardless of Aaron. I don't think this is a hard concept.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

with about 10 teams needing better QB play, and with the way most rookies struggle, Love is tempting, he has struggled with pressure, most ( all) young QB's do, when he feels the pressure he is not near as good as he has been from a clean pocket, who is ?

people watch Love struggle compared to Aaron Rodgers, who wouldn't come up short compared to Aaron Rodgers, in about a month since Loves first game he looked much better when he had time to process, set and throw, he had 3 or 4 passes last night that should have been receptions, can't blame that on Love.

If any team comes a knocking they wont be holding out a 5th round draft pick for him, that would get them laughed right out of the room, he is easily worth a late 1st round pick, everything he struggles with is fixable with more playing time.

for crip sakes I didn't even want Love, but it's easy to see he does have talent.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
British wrote:
10 Jan 2022 11:04
Heck, the Colts traded a 1st for one of the worst QBs in 2020.

And he had an awful contract and wasn't even that young.

Teams are desperate. Love still has some mystery box appeal. Plus he has all the tools that a QB minded coach probably thinks he can develop.
Many teams have already evaluated Love throughout his first two years in the league, and most think he has been in a prime position to be developed (learning from MLF and Rodgers)...there is less mystery than you think in my opinion.
The thing is teams could evaluate Darnold based on two years of him being a starter, getting every rep etc and playing in the league week in week out.

Love has had mostly practice reps on the scout team and almost no starting experience. He's also not a limited QB like Tua or Baker. He's got the tools that excites QB coaches. Compared to a Darnold he's a blank canvas and he's basically free when it comes to cap space.

It's possible that some on here are overestimating his value, but it's also possible that others are underestimating how bad the QB situation is across the league and how few QBs are available this year.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
I think you're misinterpreting what posters say they would accept in trade as compared to what they think Love is worth.

This year is a "fleece market" for QBs, i.e. those who have one set the market. If a team is desperate for a QB, they should expect to pay handsomely due to scarcity of quality college QBs coming out and relatively few FA decent quality journeyman types. Add to that the lack of necessity for the Packers to dump Love and I understand posters saying they'd only part with him for a high price.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I wish people would stop talking about trading Love.

Who is going to be the starting QB if they trade Love? Benkert?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Jan 2022 12:47

One thing at a time.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Jan 2022 12:47

Marcus Mariota should be available... :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I think Sean Payton would like to work with Love. Kind of a mix of Siemian and Hill skill sets.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

At this point my opinion of Love is higher than what it was after the Chiefs game. But a GM would have to be out of his mind to give up a 1st or 2nd for him based on what we've seen from him in games.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Love won't get traded because no one wants him and packers won't get value/cap relief.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
10 Jan 2022 14:35
Love won't get traded because no one wants him and packers won't get value/cap relief.
Cap relief? Good grief. That is the absolute least of our problems concerning Jordan Love.

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

As one of the only people who predicted that Rodgers would stay (which is now looking way more likely), my opinion on our QB room should carry more weight.

And I say that Love is a likely bust who needs to do a lot over the next year in order to get to where he should be if he is going to be good. However, we should definitely keep him and give him whatever he needs because there is still a chance.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
10 Jan 2022 14:50
bud fox wrote:
10 Jan 2022 14:35
Cap relief? Good grief. That is the absolute least of our problems concerning Jordan Love.
Exactly?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
10 Jan 2022 15:10
As one of the only people who predicted that Rodgers would stay (which is now looking way more likely), my opinion on our QB room should carry more weight.

And I say that Love is a likely bust who needs to do a lot over the next year in order to get to where he should be if he is going to be good. However, we should definitely keep him and give him whatever he needs because there is still a chance.
what????? lots of posters predicted he'd stay, and have changed there mind a half doz times since last early spring, do you have a document of validation for these claims? :rotf:

who can actually say what kind of QB Love will become? even coaches don't possess that knowledge, he has the physical tools needed just as most QB's that make it to the pros have, it's the mental part that no one can be sure of, but he does have some good stuff to help him, MLF uses a QB friendly scheme, and typically we have one of the best pass protection OL's in the league, and so far pass rush is what has troubled Love the most, just as it does most young QB's.

with each game now played Love imho has taken a leap, I'am seriously at a loss for what some of you expect Tex? only 2 PS games and 6 quarters with live bullets, thats not much, we all new he would need some tutoring and games to get his act right, basically year one was lost with covid, so this is actually his baptism season, hopefully your right and Favre sticks around, but again I think Love could start next year and would steadily improve, now obviously he wouldn't be as good as Aaron, but then who would, if thats the caliber QB you expect then get ready for disappointment.

actually when you think about it Guty hasn't been building a passing offense, we are now designed to run the ball, can you imagine when our RB's get past the los without being touched, or possibly out of the box only being touched once or twice, I bet we lead the league for yardage after touched by both our RB's and I think the reason for that is our constantly changing OL players, even with 5 constant starters most OLines take 3 to 4 games into the season to really run block well, so we should look forward to even improve as one of the best RB tandems in the league, it's great to have a HOF QB, but this team has been built to win without one.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

texas wrote:
10 Jan 2022 15:10
I can only imagine how seriously you must take yourself to post this on an online message board. :mrgreen:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im trying to give Love a fair shake. But part of that is inputting the negative data i witness as a total part of the algorithm that helps produce my opinion of him at the moment. I have been accused of being negative toward love, I dont really think this is fair. I think I just think its time to start seeing something, anything really..that allows one to say "yes! That is something we can build on/work with!".

Many cite his lack of a real camp in year one, or wearing street clothes to games in year one, or playing on the road in first start in year two, or playing with the backup WRs in Detroit as reasons why he hasnt shown that moment of helping us believe.

My only point is that to me, time spent not proving himself...counts. The clocks started for me. Im not waiting to evaluate him until his rookie deal is up, or he gets a full year as a starter, or how many ever practice reps. I think Jordan Love is a Pro and he has been in the league for 2 years, and while I expect to see room for growth and expect to experience growing pains...its time for the pro to at least give us a mixed bag or something to believe in.

He did that a bit yesterday until he fell apart at the end.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur