Packers @ Giants GDT: Sunday, Oct. 9th, 8:30 AM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

What’s Lafleurs gameday role if the DC handles the soft zones, he knows nothing about STs, and Rodgers calls all the plays on offense? Lol
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2022 16:38
What’s Lafleurs gameday role if the DC handles the soft zones, he knows nothing about STs, and Rodgers calls all the plays on offense? Lol
He has a TV show. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
so then are you saying Lafluer has relied on Rodgers, and Rodgers relied on Adams the last 3 years? :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2022 17:14
Drj820 wrote:
so then are you saying Lafluer has relied on Rodgers, and Rodgers relied on Adams the last 3 years? :thwap:
Ha, I’m roughing Lafleur up a little right now because he deserves it for a poor job. But I do think Lafleur has done a quality job in many areas. The problem is he has ceded WAY too much ground to 12. 12 runs the show and that’s becoming a problem. Remember the first year when they ran that strange hybrid offense between things Rodgers liked and things Lafleur liked? Why was that? To placate 12 right. Well it did work to do that, but ceding ground to 12 has never stopped and now Lafleur can’t even run the ball when he claims he wants to (allegedly)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Oct 2022 17:25
Yoop wrote:
10 Oct 2022 17:14
Drj820 wrote:
Ha, I’m roughing Lafleur up a little right now because he deserves it for a poor job. But I do think Lafleur has done a quality job in many areas. The problem is he has ceded WAY too much ground to 12. 12 runs the show and that’s becoming a problem. Remember the first year when they ran that strange hybrid offense between things Rodgers liked and things Lafleur liked? Why was that? To placate 12 right. Well it did work to do that, but ceding ground to 12 has never stopped and now Lafleur can’t even run the ball when he claims he wants to (allegedly)
agreed, we are seeing to much of a Rodgers influence , imo Lafluer has had to cater ever since he got here to Rodgers wanting input with game plans, as Lafluer said last year, 80% or more of the pass plays, Adams is the #1 read, obviously Adams was the feature receiver, but I can't imagine he would scheme Adams as the #1 read that often, that seems a Rodgers thing.

how often have others complained (and I have to admit) that Lazard was open, or MVS, Brown Cobb etc where open as Rodgers threw into double coverage to Adams last year, Lafluer would never do that, it makes our passing schemes 1 dimensional.

Rodgers is on record for years, well mostly the last couple years under McCarthy that we need to run the ball more, yesterday he took the touches right away from two of the best RB's in the league with his deep passing misses ( I guess he needed the practice, still does) point is run the dang ball, and use those two more in short yardage passing.

I agree, what Lafluer brought here has worked great, what Rodgers schemes up is holding this offense back, and Lafluer needs to assert a little more control of what is drawn up per games.

I know Rodgers has said he doesn't change plays, it's lafluers play schemes, blah, blah, blah, and Lafluer defends his QB, and what not, but do people actually expect them to say different? I know I don't, and I've thought the Rodgers and Adams 80% thing was a bad all along, some of us have been asking for another feature type receiver to pare with Adams for 5 years, water over the bridge now, but look at the s,,t show where seeing, a 4th round rookie is our best receiver, I know rookie receivers are much better now then 20 years ago we see em start every season, but as the #1, thats asking a lot, to much.

sorry for the rant, I just wanted to get this out, so frustrating to watch so many great players flounder do imo to stubborn coaching, poor game plans, and two many chefs in the kitchen.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

My question would be how does an analyst look at that set up and say the best thing to do is go with whatever Rodgers decides?? It’s beyond obvious what the best thing to do it. Not only that, the play call should be to do what was obvious. Give the ball to Dillon. Don’t see how in the world one could think Dillon couldn’t get one yard in that look where the D i so heavy on one side. The D set up also looks obvious the pass rush will be there in no time.

Very obvious this is the correct play, analysts shouldn’t be afraid to just say it:
Attachments
EA12D7C5-613E-4A76-A6D9-26E7B3FADD5C.jpeg
EA12D7C5-613E-4A76-A6D9-26E7B3FADD5C.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 427 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m ready for the Jets GDY, huge pivotal game. Get to 4-2 and these issues seem quite small.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Perfect.

Read More. Post Less.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The point everyone missing is not whether Aaron should have handed off, it is the personnel package to begin with. I believe based on this offense and having 6 block 8 Aaron is making the correct read to pass the ball. I take issue with our mentality to use spread personnel on both 3rd and 4th downs.

Call me crazy but on one of those plays I would have loved to see AJ in the I-formation in a jumbo package. Then give the ball to AJ with a head of steam straight ahead. Let the best man win.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

It's almost if the ghost of Mike McCarthy keeps whispering "Challenge" in MLF's ear during games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:dunno:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:dunno: :idn:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not good by Campbell

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Acrobat wrote:
12 Oct 2022 10:57
It's almost if the ghost of Mike McCarthy keeps whispering "Challenge" in MLF's ear during games.
The ghost of McCarthy also keeps whispering "explosive plays equal wins" in Rodgers' ear
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi