Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:59
texas wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:51

We're obviously not elite, but you don't throw in the towel when you've got a shot. Teams have made SB runs with less.
I see this a lot. A generality statement with no detail behind so I decided to look it up.

Teams who have made the Super Bowl:

Teams with 6 losses (10-6)

image.png

Teams with 7 losses

image.png

We have 8 losses. So in fact, we would be the worst team to make it to the SB. Nobody has made a SB run with less than what we have.
1) Only if you define "less" as the amount of losses. As [mention]Pckfn23[/mention] said, if you use wins, it's different. As I was thinking when I wrote this, I meant talent (which itself is impossible to define, but I can name several teams in the past decade or two that I think are worse than what we are now).

2) That's still 8 SBs involving teams around our level. That's like 1/7 SBs, which is 1-2 times per decade. Hardly impossible odds, especially because now there are 7 playoff teams.

Guess we better not even try. We better throw in the towel. :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Throwing in the towel obviously a terrible idea at this point. Thanks in part to a few things…1) our own 3 game win streak, 2) the nfc being awful after about 3 teams, and 3) the additional wild card spot now that makes the playoffs.

Meaning, a few years ago when only 6 teams got in…yes it would have been time to see Jordan love…but if you gotta chance to go dancing you obviously go for the ticket to get in.

I think the niners will smack us round one, still better to be in the playoffs than miss playoffs…

Are there still people hoping we tank it out at this point?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
26 Dec 2022 17:11
go pak go wrote:
texas wrote:
26 Dec 2022 15:51

We're obviously not elite, but you don't throw in the towel when you've got a shot. Teams have made SB runs with less.
I see this a lot. A generality statement with no detail behind so I decided to look it up.

image.png

Teams with 7 losses

image.png

We have 8 losses. So in fact, we would be the worst team to make it to the SB. Nobody has made a SB run with less than what we have.
1) Only if you define "less" as the amount of losses. As @Pckfn23 said, if you use wins, it's different. As I was thinking when I wrote this, I meant talent (which itself is impossible to define, but I can name several teams in the past decade or two that I think are worse than what we are now).

2) That's still 8 SBs involving teams around our level. That's like 1/7 SBs, which is 1-2 times per decade. Hardly impossible odds, especially because now there are 7 playoff teams.

Lord no I don't mean throw in the towel.

I just keep reading "I can name multiple teams" and haven't actually read any team.

I think the 2011 Giants and 2021 Bengals are probably most notable in my mind.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This team can do things. But we have to get more from the quarterback. If we get MVP Rodgers absolutely this team can go far. Still concerned with our defense but the potential is there for this team.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2022 18:57
This team can do things. But we have to get more from the quarterback. If we get MVP Rodgers absolutely this team can go far. Still concerned with our defense but the potential is there for this team.
There’s too much fundamentally that needs to be cleaned up across the board. Poor passing fundamentals. Footwork has been garbagè. We have struggled simply handing the ball off this season far more than we should. We can’t tackle at any level of the field. The backend can’t communicate or pass off coverages in zone. We can’t score in the redzone. We can’t convert third or fourth downs.

Too much wrong with this team currently. I would be shocked if they’re able to correct as much as they need to by the post season especially when you are looking at making a road run in a postseason that has unwritten rules that don’t favor us.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 20:27
go pak go wrote:
There’s too much fundamentally that needs to be cleaned up across the board. Poor passing fundamentals. Footwork has been garbagè. We have struggled simply handing the ball off this season far more than we should. We can’t tackle at any level of the field. The backend can’t communicate or pass off coverages in zone. We can’t score in the redzone. We can’t convert third or fourth downs.

Too much wrong with this team currently. I would be shocked if they’re able to correct as much as they need to by the post season especially when you are looking at making a road run in a postseason that has unwritten rules that don’t favor us.
Postseason football is all about making plays and limiting the opponent making big plays.

We have playmakers and chain movers. Watson, Jones, Doubs and Dillon (in that order) are playmakers who can do stuff. Our defense also has the pieces to make plays and create turnovers.

Now doing it in January is a whole nother thing. But we have the pieces to do it. You just need 4 wins. I never dreamed the Bengals had the horses last year and yet they just kept on winning.

That being said, we also have players who fumble, make mental mistakes, drop balls, make poor reads, throw inaccurate balls and get destroyed in zone coverage and tackling. We know who we are. I also know I would rather play the Commanders or Giants over the Packers in the playoffs.
Yoop wrote:

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

go pak go wrote:
I would like to see more consistency - ARs passes, run blocking, run defense etc. we have talent, it needs to deliver at the same level all day long. We all know everything gets amped up in the playoffs. Good players somehow find a way to play with more intensity. Can our guys do play with more intensity?

This has been seen year after year when we play SF. I’m tired of seeing them knock us out of a playoff run.
GO PACK GO!!!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2022 18:55
texas wrote:
26 Dec 2022 17:11
go pak go wrote:

image.png

Teams with 7 losses

image.png

1) Only if you define "less" as the amount of losses. As @Pckfn23 said, if you use wins, it's different. As I was thinking when I wrote this, I meant talent (which itself is impossible to define, but I can name several teams in the past decade or two that I think are worse than what we are now).

Lord no I don't mean throw in the towel.

I just keep reading "I can name multiple teams" and haven't actually read any team.

I think the 2011 Giants and 2021 Bengals are probably most notable in my mind.
Yeah those are the 2 teams I had in mind when I wrote that. And shortly before them, the 2009 Cardinals (and I guess us in 2010 although that team was just really unlucky and was actually like the best team all year).

Bad teams get there a few times per decade, so why not us?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
Yup. This team has never hit it’s potential this year. It flashes all sorts of ability, even on defense and special teams. If they somehow discover how to put a complete game together, they do have weapons and ability to win, even in playoffs. That old Giants team had less ability than this Packer squad. It rode the strength of pass rush to defeat arguably better teams.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Preston clearly earned a 91, what's wrong with these people ?
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Preston has been trending up lately which is awesome heading into January.

Quay Walker though sounds like had his worst game of the season per Andy Herman.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Dec 2022 14:21

Quay Walker though sounds like had his worst game of the season per Andy Herman.
Wasn't a great first half by any stretch, but was a good 2nd half.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:01
go pak go wrote:

On the heels of a very good game prior week. I’ll take that from a rookie.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Dec 2022 16:01
go pak go wrote:

On the heels of a very good game prior week. I’ll take that from a rookie.
:-)
100 percent. Inconsistent had been his MO this year.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

The NFL Network is airing a repeat of this game tonite at 7 PM Central.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

^
Pkfn23 - thx for posting that, super illuminating.
IT. IS. TIME