2023 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Madcity_matt wrote:
01 Sep 2023 10:35
waivers have always been this way, it's been brought up multiple times over the years. I don't think you can change it for this season fairly, but we could all agree to change it going forward.
Agreed, you would have to vote on that change. And yes, FAAB is great and I use that in leagues that do not use WP. That is another big change and could benefit this league moving forward. Can trade BB$, which could open up more activity.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

FAAB? BB$?

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Sep 2023 12:14
FAAB? BB$?
FAAB = Free Agent Acquisition Budget
BB$ = Blind Bidding Dollars

Same thing, different terms. It means getting rid of the waiver wire system, and give everyone a set amount of fake dollars per year that they can bid with. Then every week players go on waivers, and people bid on them, blindly. Adds another element and you can also trade them.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I'd go for FAAB for next year, whenever we vote on such things.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I don’t play on other sites other than CBS. And FleaFlicker is better. If someone wants to lead the charge and take us to a new site. Speak up and sell it.

Ive always been open to moving, I just have no idea which ones are better, and specifically for a unique league like we have.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

BF004 wrote:
02 Sep 2023 16:57
I don’t play on other sites other than CBS. And FleaFlicker is better. If someone wants to lead the charge and take us to a new site. Speak up and sell it.

Ive always been open to moving, I just have no idea which ones are better, and specifically for a unique league like we have.
I’ve always said MFL is the best site, I commish several leagues on it, and you can customize it to look how you want it. If we ever moved, I’d vouch for that and lead the way.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Sep 2023 09:37
BF004 wrote:
02 Sep 2023 16:57

I’ve always said MFL is the best site, I commish several leagues on it, and you can customize it to look how you want it. If we ever moved, I’d vouch for that and lead the way.
So FAAB isn't an option on Fleaflicker? Is that what I'm getting from this? I love that on fleaflicker we have pretty much the whole history of the league to look back on, but other than that, I don't think the platform is special at all.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

No clue if FF offers it. This is the only league I’ve ever done on Fleaflicker.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Haven't played on MFL in 5 years, but hated how clunky it was back then. Worse than Fleaflicker even.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Sep 2023 09:48
No clue if FF offers it. This is the only league I’ve ever done on Fleaflicker.
Pretty sure no. The waiver options are really simple and limited.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I GOT EVERYBODY I WANTED but maybe don't have a full starting roster until 2024

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Sep 2023 07:50
I missed out on Jerome Ford.

Think I messed up having Clayton Tune as a higher priority add over him.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Sleeper is by far my favorite now for Dynasties.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Madcity_matt wrote:
06 Sep 2023 10:23
Sleeper is by far my favorite now for Dynasties.
I’m actually jumping into an existing dynasty league that is on Sleeper, so I’ll get to see first band there too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sleeper?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Sleeper is alright. Not as customizable, but a decent site.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
06 Sep 2023 11:19
Sleeper is alright. Not as customizable, but a decent site.
I would say as long as we can customize for our league, then all is well on that front, don't really care how much more we can do after that.

As long as that is met, then its about 100% user experience for me.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Didn’t have a player I was willing to swap out, but, as usual, you and I were on the same wave length. O’Connell and Strange were my top 2 watched players.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Sep 2023 14:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
Didn’t have a player I was willing to swap out, but, as usual, you and I were on the same wave length. O’Connell and Strange were my top 2 watched players.
Fortunately for me, I not only had many players not worth a dang, but I also had two extra roster spots from already having cleared out all the players not worth a GOSH dang.

And honestly, with the signing of Dalvin Cook to the Jets, I might be hanging onto a worthless Michael Carter despite his being super good at football every opportunity he is given.

I thought for sure O'Connell would be gone before the 8th claim, though. I would have added him in waivers immediately after the draft because... well, Jimmy G staying healthy? :lol: But the media hype train really launched in the pre-season which was a little strange and I thought wiped my chances. He's in the Brock Purdy game manager with a super impressive/productive college career mold and is a Jimmy G injury and a Bryan Hoyer (lol) away from playing time.

Strange may take a year but it's not like holding onto the Bears' TE2 was worth much this year

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Who would have thought we would be starting the season with players like Kyler, JT, Kupp, Kelce etc not playing. Some holes in some lineups.