Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2021 17:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 16:47
Compare Robert Tonyan to Rob Gronkowski in 2020.

Compare Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Antonio Brown in 2020.
the point was Brady asked for those players, and Ariens and Tampa FO said OK we'll get you those players because we respect who you are, Rodgers didn't ask for anything, and got a back up RB, what a deal, oh and a rookie clip board holder :rotf:
And the point is what Brady asked for wasn't worth half a &%$@ compared to what the Packers gave Aaron naturally. In those 2 cases.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
02 Feb 2021 17:23
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

the point was Brady asked for those players, and Ariens and Tampa FO said OK we'll get you those players because we respect who you are, Rodgers didn't ask for anything, and got a back up RB, what a deal, oh and a rookie clip board holder :rotf:
And the point is what Brady asked for wasn't worth half a &%$@ compared to what the Packers gave Aaron naturally. In those 2 cases.
Is that the point? That sounds like a good point. I can never tell what the point is though, it always changes.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

well Tampa already had a team built for Brady too, the point, and we all know what it is, in Bradys case Tampa went above and beyond to get impact players to help Brady take them to the top, in Rodgers case no real impact players where added, that produced for the offense, doesn't matter that Gronk and Brown didn't play up to par, it's that Tampa tried, and Guty drafted Rodgers replacement instead, thats basically my point.

and as with Gary, this has nothing to do with Love the person/player, and I can dislike some decisions Guty makes and support others, I like almost everything he's done, just not this, or the Gary pick 2 years ago, he didn't help us stop the run last year, and Love wore a sport coat Sunday, so why do I have to like these picks? :idn:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Oh ok then. Snacks Harrison. Tramon Williams. Christian Kirksey. Tavon Austin. Marcede Lewis. Add those 5 to:
Zadarius Smith
Preston Smith
Adrian Amos
Billy Turner
Rick Wagner

That's a lot of not trying. Is trying the point now?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2021 18:12
paco wrote:
Yoop wrote:

well Tampa already had a team built for Brady too, the point, and we all know what it is, in Bradys case Tampa went above and beyond to get impact players to help Brady take them to the top, in Rodgers case no real impact players where added, that produced for the offense, doesn't matter that Gronk and Brown didn't play up to par, it's that Tampa tried, and Guty drafted Rodgers replacement instead, thats basically my point.

and as with Gary, this has nothing to do with Love the person/player, and I can dislike some decisions Guty makes and support others, I like almost everything he's done, just not this, or the Gary pick 2 years ago, he didn't help us stop the run last year, and Love wore a sport coat Sunday, so why do I have to like these picks? :idn:
What the hell are you even talking about with this “Brady got what he asked for” line of nonsense? AB chased Brady all the way to Tampa as did several other veteran players seeking a ring. Brady didn’t ask for anything, it happened on its own. The Tampa staff and front office didn’t do anything extraordinary to accommodate Brady, the players chasing a ring accommodated the organization by taking very reasonable short term deals in an attempt to ride Brady to another Super Bowl and the riches that follow in ensuing seasons.

:thwap: :suicide:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Feb 2021 18:19
Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2021 18:12
paco wrote:

What the hell are you even talking about with this “Brady got what he asked for” line of nonsense? AB chased Brady all the way to Tampa as did several other veteran players seeking a ring. Brady didn’t ask for anything, it happened on its own. The Tampa staff and front office didn’t do anything extraordinary to accommodate Brady, the players chasing a ring accommodated the organization by taking very reasonable short term deals in an attempt to ride Brady to another Super Bowl and the riches that follow in ensuing seasons.

:thwap: :suicide:
your right, but Tampa still obliged, and I didn't expect Guty to get a expensive FA, maybe Rodgers did, who knows, but neither of us expected him to trade up for a QB, who will probably not play for 3 more years, may never play, when so many slot type WR's where available.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

And there is the real point, complaining about not taking a WR in the first round of the 2020 NFL draft... Again.

Rodgers and the Packers offense was the highest scoring in the league in 2020.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 14:32
Wagner, Turner, Amos, P. Smith, Z. Smith... That's a lot of produce!

Maybe meat and taters like Dillon, Degura, Jenkins, Sternberger!
I think AR wants some snacks like a WR opposite Adams and perhaps a true slot guy. to balance out the produce, meat and potatoes.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 18:29
And there is the real point, complaining about not taking a WR in the first round of the 2020 NFL draft... Again.

We don't have to go WR in the first. The best WR in the game today was taken in the second. ;)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
02 Feb 2021 19:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Feb 2021 14:32
Wagner, Turner, Amos, P. Smith, Z. Smith... That's a lot of produce!

Maybe meat and taters like Dillon, Degura, Jenkins, Sternberger!
I think AR wants some snacks like a WR opposite Adams and perhaps a true slot guy. to balance out the produce, meat and potatoes.
Marginal upgrade unless the the guy is a true #1.

We did get snacks, Snacks Harrison!

I slot/gadget guy would be helpful, but not something any of us thought was truly necessary a year ago.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:

We all knew it was coming.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Feb 2021 13:48
I agree the Packers should be in "go all in for 2021 and 2022 mode". I want it to happen.

I also don't know how that is going to happen when we are already essentially a bottom 5 team in terms of cap.

But I don't hate the idea of go all in for 2021 and 2022 and blow it up in 2023/2024.

The one nice thing about cap is you can clean it up in a year. You will absolutely suck during that year. But who cares? It's a year.
i think that ships sailed. The year to do that was last year and this year.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Packers obviously had the talent to get to the super bowl in 2020. I am firmly in the camp that believes that. i think they didnt make the super bowl bc they essentially choked in the NFC Championship.

However, Going Rashan Gary at 12 when you just spend 100m+ on the position, then going Love when you have Rodgers and Dillon when you have Jones and Williams on the roster is like the opposite of going all in for now. Its thinking hard about the future.

I would wager that if there was ever a time to go "all in" and worry less about 4 years down the line would have been the 2020 season before we lost Aaron Jones, Linsley, a CB and etc.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I think the loss of King/Jones and even Linsley can be weathered. I do expect 1 of those to be back (I am guessing Linsley).

We have won games with Jones and/or King out of the lineup anyway. Also, I am pretty bullish on Dillon. I think he can be a guy who will replace what we lose in Jones and even be a star in his own right.

I don't think the window has closed just yet, but we definitely squandered what easily could have been a SB appearance. That sucks regardless.

2022 and '23 free agencies, though? Oof. Looking at those actually kinda makes me understand the Love pick.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
02 Feb 2021 20:13
Pckfn23 wrote:

We all knew it was coming.
of course you did, why would you think I'd change my mind, it was a wasted draft pick that wont help in Rodgers window, I'am not some homer like some of you and just agree with everything a GM does, LOve did absolutely nothing for this team, a WR would have helped this last year, next year and so on.

reality is this, the highest scoring offense in the league didn't score enough when it mattered most, and according to you and others here, another WR couldn't possibly have helped, do you people even listen to yourselves, laugh at me, to funny

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Actually, going all-in, as in REALLY all-in for a short term window, would not be picking needs in 1st round. Too few 1st rounders outside top 10 picks are immediate difference makers. If you truly wanted to max the now, you'd trade away your top picks.

If Gutey wants to play Sir Aaron's butler, I'm sure he could serve his master a hot WR and anything else His Lordship demands by trading away a 1st rounder or few. Especially with several teams either in cap trouble or in rebuilding mode.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Feb 2021 02:14
Actually, going all-in, as in REALLY all-in for a short term window, would not be picking needs in 1st round. Too few 1st rounders outside top 10 picks are immediate difference makers. If you truly wanted to max the now, you'd trade away your top picks.

If Gutey wants to play Sir Aaron's butler, I'm sure he could serve his master a hot WR and anything else His Lordship demands by trading away a 1st rounder or few. Especially with several teams either in cap trouble or in rebuilding mode.
I keep hearing how a rookie doesn’t help us this year but you know what does? That rookie going into year two next year. The Love pick was what I’ve been saying this team is all about for years. They’re main interest is prolonged success in terms of playoff appearances. If they win the Super Bowl that’s an added bonus but it hasn’t been his teams main goal for a very long time. They do enough to keep us relevant. It’s like giving drugs to an addict. We keep coming back for more and paying more in the hopes we can reach the same high.

Instead of getting someone to develop to increase your chances of winning they took a player that will never see a game for at least 3 years. You may have well as drafted Justin Harrell.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Our receivers are what they are because of Rodgers.

Same with our oline.

Best talent he has been given recently is a 2nd round guard.

I guess we just have to wait to see how this team does when Rodgers is gone. Hopefully before then we build out a better team and don't have to rely on godly QB play.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Tee Higgins would have been good pick up ... Straight into the 2nd wr spot and potential number 1 we.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
03 Feb 2021 03:27
Tee Higgins would have been good pick up ... Straight into the 2nd wr spot and potential number 1 we.
Captain Hindsight to the rescue!!

Never mind Higgins wasn’t considered a top end talent, he was over-targeted in a struggling offense, and was turned to by their rookie QB when their veteran WR struggled mightily...none of which happened in GB.