Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I appreciate the earnestness of Guty's comments to the beat writers, especially him saying that the Pack has the "best chance" of winning the Super Bowl with 12 and 17.

As we have over-discussed what to do with 12, I've pined that the Packers main motivation, I think, in keeping 12 (and probably 17 as well) is that Rodgers is the best chance they have for any success at QB. So, even if they must cut a number of other players, that still keeps 12 on the team. I know you can only take these things so far with a cap. But 12 is keepable, even if 5-8 other vets have to go bye.

Now for the reality of that, I just don't see 12 being an elite QB past December any more. He has a trend of mediocre/poor performance now in January. So, how long does GB want to milk this cow? I won't call that a bad decision by them. But I'm setting low expectations for next January if 12 is still on the team. Maybe I can be pleasantly surprise if we could get past a NFCCG!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Ugh.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

NCF wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:28
Ugh.

Doesn't that mean that this is Jones' last year as a Packer?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

yeech

Would potentially save 10.5 million next offseason in a cut, so that play will definitely still be an option should we go all in with Aaron and Tae and simply don't have money or QB independent decision if he has a down year/injury plagued year and Dillon takes over definitively.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Man, we are really in position to be in a world of hurt in a couple of years. Yikes!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yeah, this has all the makings of Jones' last year as a Packer. Dillon and Hill take over in 23.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:51
Man, we are really in position to be in a world of hurt in a couple of years. Yikes!
People wanted all in!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
A couple of years? You mean a couple of days. :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:53
Acrobat wrote:
People wanted all in!
you say that, but that was for the 2021 season. Most people seem pretty uneasy about bringing Rodgers and Adams back, losing some stars, pushing out the cap, and losing in the division round in 2022.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:58
paco wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
People wanted all in!
you say that, but that was for the 2021 season. Most people seem pretty uneasy about bringing Rodgers and Adams back, losing some stars, pushing out the cap, and losing in the division round in 2022.
I've been pushing more for dumping Rodgers and Tae and others than just about anybody. But if you are going to go for it, then fine, go for it again. The pain will come at some point. This may lengthen it, but it'll feel better if they can win a Super Bowl. Its risky, no doubt. But people have been faulting the Packers for supposedly just settling for division crowns. So can't be mad at them for keep 2 players that are the best at their positions and going for it again.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:06
Drj820 wrote:
paco wrote:

People wanted all in!
I've been pushing more for dumping Rodgers and Tae and others than just about anybody. But if you are going to go for it, then fine, go for it again. The pain will come at some point. This may lengthen it, but it'll feel better if they can win a Super Bowl. Its risky, no doubt. But people have been faulting the Packers for supposedly just settling for division crowns. So can't be mad at them for keep 2 players that are the best at their positions and going for it again.
??

you said people were wanting all in like everyone is happy about this. I just dont get that vibe at all. I get the vibe most are pretty uneasy about watching the same movie again. I think Gutey had a plan to move on from Rodgers and now lacks the courage to execute the plan. I think he will keep his job by winning more division crowns that he knows are a lock with Rodgers, because he doesnt trust himself to construct a new team for a new window with the pieces he has already assembled plus draft loot.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

This really is Super Bowl or bust now. If we don't win a Super Bowl and have 1-2 years of huge cap hits for people that aren't on the team, yikes.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:11
paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

??

you said people were wanting all in like everyone is happy about this. I just dont get that vibe at all. I get the vibe most are pretty uneasy about watching the same movie again. I think Gutey had a plan to move on from Rodgers and now lacks the courage to execute the plan. I think he will keep his job by winning more division crowns that he knows are a lock with Rodgers, because he doesnt trust himself to construct a new team for a new window with the pieces he has already assembled plus draft loot.
wha??????? I've talked to a bunch of Packer fans the last few weeks and they all want Rodgers and Adams back, why you feel the need to call Guty a chicken for not dumping those two, and going with Love ( which could lead to a revolving door at QB for who knows how long) is not what most Packer fans want, there are teams lined up to get both of these guys, seems like you want change just for the sake of doing something different.

I'am ready to move on, but mostly because I'am tire3d of Rodgers, still I know he still gives us the best chance to win, and Guty knows that too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:11
paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

??

That comment was mostly a joke. But I don't understand why people wouldn't want it again unless you really think we can't do it with the team we have.

And I don't agree with your thinking on Gutey whatsoever. Plans change and you have to adjust. But him lacking courage or not trusting himself is BS.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sweet, back to the courage/fear trolling again. Fun! And acting, like the plan is known or can't/shouldn't change... double fun!
BF004 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 08:47
yeech

Would potentially save 10.5 million next offseason in a cut, so that play will definitely still be an option should we go all in with Aaron and Tae and simply don't have money or QB independent decision if he has a down year/injury plagued year and Dillon takes over definitively.
This one annoys me and is just not a good financial move. It doesn't gain us a whole lot, but kills us in 2023. Unless their plan is to resign Jones during the season, I just don't get it. Even then, signing a 27 year old RB to a 4 year deal isn't smart.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gutey knows we can fill the seats and raise ticket prices with Rodgers at QB. He knows he can win alot of games up until January. And he knows, like we all know, the party will end sometime in January.

The bold move would be to ship the old man off and get an absolute haul for him in picks and players, get the cap in order, and try again in a new window.

Gutey is taking job security over the bold route to build a team that can win the super bowl after some growing pains.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Fabricating scenarios to be pissed off about, that's awesome!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:42
Gutey knows we can fill the seats and raise ticket prices with Rodgers at QB. He knows he can win alot of games up until January. And he knows, like we all know, the party will end sometime in January.

The bold move would be to ship the old man off and get an absolute haul for him in picks and players, get the cap in order, and try again in a new window.

Gutey is taking job security over the bold route to build a team that can win the super bowl after some growing pains.
t5he seats and tickets have nothing to do with any of this, and you know it, we've been sold out long before Rodgers got here, and about 40 % of draft picks never play up to slot value, it sounds easy to just say trade Rodgers for 3 first 3 seconds and whatever, but there no guarantee with any of that.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Feb 2022 09:42

Gutey has bosses too. If they say win a Super Bowl, that's what he tries to do. If they rebuild and it doesn't work, he's fired. Going for it again this year, if anything, actually guarantees at least 1 more year of having a job with the Packers. He'll get the chance to do the rebuild (in some fashion).

Or maybe the bold move is to win it all with an aging whack job for a QB, 1 WR, no money, and some hopes and wishes. Seems more bold to me when you look at it.
RIP JustJeff