Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 11:20
Wasn't Ogunjobi their lets-trade-Mack safety net?
They already turned around and signed Justin Jones. Either way, not equal to Mack.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think Will Fuller is my favorite WR option in FA. Combination of lack of money, lack of commitment, talent, value, reward, fit is higher than all else.

I think he is a better overall WR than MVS and can fill his roll.

Lazard, Cobb, Fuller and a couple of rookies wouldn’t be the worst imaginable unit. If that is our weakest unit heading into the season, I’d like our chances on the year.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 12:15
I think Will Fuller is my favorite WR option in FA. Combination of lack of money, lack of commitment, talent, value, reward, fit is higher than all else.

Lazard, Cobb, Fuller and a couple of rookies wouldn’t be the worst imaginable unit. If that is our weakest until heading into the season, I’d like our chances on the year.
I think the players are about a draw for me. I am still a huge buyer on MVS. He just had an injury plagued season is all.

It comes down to price. If MVS comes in the $5 to $7 range rather than the $7 to $9....I'm going MVS and then drafting another.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

the good thing about this is Lefleur and old man Rodgers are most likely going to be forced to stay committed to the run. Imagine if the formerly finesse Packers had a top ten D, adequate STs, and bullied everyone at the LOS. Sure it might not win regular season shootouts, but Id like to see it in January :)
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:

Lazard, Cobb, Fuller and a couple of rookies wouldn’t be the worst imaginable unit. If that is our weakest unit heading into the season, I’d like our chances on the year.
If you look up Fuller's injury history you might want to pass. MVS has actually played in more games than Fuller. Whoever we sign obviously has to be cost effective and produce. Looking forward to see what happens more so this off season then I can remember.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Realist wrote:
18 Mar 2022 13:21
BF004 wrote:

If you look up Fuller's injury history you might want to pass. MVS has actually played in more games than Fuller. Whoever we sign obviously has to be cost effective and produce. Looking forward to see what happens more so this off season then I can remember.
I think that is part of the reason Will Fuller could come so cheap. He doesn't have a very good availability history. I think getting him on a one year prove it deal would motivate him stay on the field at all reasonable costs, i.e., suspension.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 12:48
the good thing about this is Lefleur and old man Rodgers are most likely going to be forced to stay committed to the run. Imagine if the formerly finesse Packers had a top ten D, adequate STs, and bullied everyone at the LOS. Sure it might not win regular season shootouts, but Id like to see it in January :)
I know we use to blame McCarthy and by extension AR for not sticking with the run, thing is the run has to move the chains, or you have to pass more, since Lafluer our run to pass balance has improved, here's another reason we have to pass more.

16. GREEN BAY PACKERS (DOWN 4)
Best-graded: T Elgton Jenkins | 82.3
Worst-graded: G Royce Newman | 52.8
Green Bay’s offensive line is dealing with major injuries, and the unit's best five players are significantly better than this ranking, but David Bakhtiari is still sidelined. And in the meantime, the Packers lost Elgton Jenkins, putting them down to a third-string left tackle at best. The right side saw Dennis Kelly forced into action this past week against Chicago, meaning the team has now played nine different linemen, with a 10th in Bakhtiari returning at some point in the future. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers helps mitigate weak spots along the line, though, and the group is weaker collectively against the run than in pass protection.

our run blocking sucked, pass blocking wasn't much better at times.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-15-of ... kings-2021

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:22
Realist wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I think that is part of the reason Will Fuller could come so cheap. He doesn't have a very good availability history. I think getting him on a one year prove it deal would motivate him stay on the field at all reasonable costs, i.e., suspension.
I think he was linked to us at the trade deadline a couple years back? You guys should get a poll going of which vet lands here. Should be interesting.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Realist wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:42
BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 14:22
Realist wrote:

I think he was linked to us at the trade deadline a couple years back? You guys should get a poll going of which vet lands here. Should be interesting.
He's linked to us every year! But I can see us bringing back MVS at a halfway decent salary (not $10M) and then a couple of these oft-injured guys, then draft 2 or 3, and that's what we run with this year.

Lazard, MVS, Cobb, Amari, Fuller or Ju-Ju, then a London/Olave/Burks/whoever.

Aaron Jones is going to line up for plenty of WR snaps, Deguara too.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Didn't see that coming! So much for being out Browns!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Damn
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Good lord, teams just tossing away picks for QB's. Even down to Wentz and Darnold.

That was kind of out of right field.

If I was Watson, I would be all for Atlanta over Cleveland, to be honest.

Can't think of a team that is gunna want Baker on a fairly expensive contract at this point.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No Juju.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And Watson has now signed two top of the market QB deals since he has last taken a snap if I am correct.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:22
Good lord, teams just tossing away picks for QB's. Even down to Wentz and Darnold.

Can't think of a team that is gunna want Baker on a fairly expensive contract at this point.
Indy?
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:23
No Juju.
Good, wasn't very interested in him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:24
BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:22

Indy?
Oh yeah, already had Matt Ryan pencilled in there, lol.

I'd probably rather take a shot with Love over Baker, 3 years of control for so much cheaper.

I feel like if you trade for Baker, you are also needing to draft a QB at this point.

I was gunna say I wouldn't be surprised if he is released, but I think he contract is fully guaranteed, so all Cleveland would save would be a headache.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:24
And Watson has now signed two top of the market QB deals since he has last taken a snap if I am correct.
And still may not play this season.
RIP JustJeff