Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

But Skeptic‘s post summarizes pretty good why Rodgers is gone when he measures with pure reason. This is why I do not understand Pete Dougherty who still thinks it is a 50/50 thing (according to his chats).

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm sitting here reading these posts about Rodgers potentially going to Denver trying to figure out why his chances to win a SB would be there. Do they have a good OL? A better defense?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2022 07:34
I'm sitting here reading these posts about Rodgers potentially going to Denver trying to figure out why his chances to win a SB would be there. Do they have a good OL? A better defense?
People need to get it out of their minds that winning Super Bowls is the be all end all for players. Yes, it is a huge goal. But for players like Rodgers, and I'm sure Brady, it's about doing it on your own terms.

Not everyone wants the "easiest" road. Unless they can pave it themselves.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2022 08:05
Pugger wrote:
People need to get it out of their minds that winning Super Bowls is the be all end all for players. Yes, it is a huge goal. But for players like Rodgers, and I'm sure Brady, it's about doing it on your own terms.

Rodgers has said on more than one occasion that you cement your legacy in the post season. I would think Rodgers would want to get at least one more ring before he calls it a career. So, is Denver a better option for him going forward than GB?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
16 Jan 2022 13:49
paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Rodgers has said on more than one occasion that you cement your legacy in the post season. I would think Rodgers would want to get at least one more ring before he calls it a career. So, is Denver a better option for him going forward than GB?
If the front office will do what he wants in Denver and not GB, then yes, in his eyes.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
16 Jan 2022 14:00
Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:

If the front office will do what he wants in Denver and not GB, then yes, in his eyes.
Of course Rodgers is not a FA until after the 2022 season so if he wants to go to Denver he has to convince the front office to trade him or go Favre's route and "retire".

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pugger wrote:
paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I think Denver may be the better option if AR plans on playing one or two years. They can load up immediately for a short term run.

If AR wants to play 3 or more years, that's plenty enough time for the Pack to get over the current cap trouble, and to reload for another run.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Yeah I think your wrong here. I think all things equal, QBs would prefer the easiest road, and i think Rodgers is thinking about his legacy at this point in his career.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Jan 2022 14:11
paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Yeah I think your wrong here. I think all things equal, QBs would prefer the easiest road, and i think Rodgers is thinking about his legacy at this point in his career.
Agree to disagree.

Still not wavering. He's gone. Higher chance he retires than is back as a Packer. Whether its the best move or not (from anyone's perspective), time will tell.
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Gotta admit, as our season nears its conclusion, I find myself increasingly unwilling to say part ways with Rodgers. :oops:

In truth, I have thought for a while now that if he wins us another Lombardi, I am cool with letting him GM the team 'til his retirement as a reward, somewhat jokingly but seriously enough that I would not actually mind it. If I were the team President, I would dangle that in front of him right now as extra motivation.

But the bigger part of it for me is how enjoyable watching football has been this year and the year before. LaFleur-Rodgers-Adams has just been so fun to watch, those three probably have another 3-4 good years left in the tank, and probably another three between QB and Coach when Adams's time is up.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Football was comparatively -a lot- less fun to watch from 2017-2019 when our QB play (from Rodgers, mind) was middling. It is difficult for me to accept the idea of Packers football without this level of entertainment.

I am in the camp of judging Love's limited action leniently, but the flip side of that is, he has not had that 2007 Rodgers moment to get you excited about him. Now, if we lose any of our next three games, you kinda have to move on whether you like it or not because the letdown will be so immense that you have to distance yourself from it and "start fresh" if you will, even if you are pretty sure Love is not the guy.

That goes back to what I said at the top though -- if he gets us another trophy, then crown his ass. Favre was inexplicably given his own office. Rodgers at this stage in his career is a far better QB; if he does what Brett never could, then he deserves even more than what we gave Favre.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Denver Broncos
Hire: Nathaniel Hackett
Trade: Drew Lock, Jerry Jeudy, and two 1st round picks for Aaron Rodgers

Drew Lock and Jordan Love battle it out for the starting qb position for the next couple years.

Rodgers leaving probably means Adams is leaving too.

Use 1st rounders to trade up for a stud receiver or defensive lineman.

Use the cap savings from Rodgers and not resigning Adams to shore up the defense….resign Campbell, Douglas, And Jaire. Possibly extend P Smith.

Resign Lazard.

Sign WR Cedric Wilson (Dallas, but now free agent) to a 4 year contract.

Bid fond farewell to Mason Crosby and find a better kicker with a bigger leg.
Love is the answer…

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

If we lose tonight then bye bye Aaron Rodgers, IMO.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Jan 2022 13:02
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I also don't think winning a SB guarantees he stays. In my opinion it has more to do with how long of a continued career AR sees himself having.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 13:09
Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Jan 2022 13:02
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I also don't think winning a SB guarantees he stays. In my opinion it has more to do with how long of a continued career AR sees himself having.
There are no guarantees. But the saying “winning cures everything” exists for a reason.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Pugger wrote:
Broncos defense finished 3rd in points allowed and 8th in yards allowed.

Green Bay 13th in points allowed and 24th in yards.
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers should demand a trade to the Titans. They would win a SB with him.

Great D, Great STs, Derrick Henry, Tough, Aj Brown.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I will bet a lot of money that Rodgers/sources start airing dirty laundry in the next month.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Buh bye.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers finally takes a dump on the STs.

Several months too late to start doing that.