Panthers @ Packers GDT - Saturday 12/19 7:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I've never cared for PFF's grades, but I don't think they could get it THAT wrong.

Like, even if there's only 40% accuracy to their system, then best-case they mistook Queen as horrid when they should have graded him as mediocre. And I wouldn't be happy with mediocre from a 1st-round pick, much less one that I traded up for, and as a result may have gotten me to pass on better options that cost less draft capital, like... Kamal Martin! :)

Time will tell if Love was a good pick, but -- as someone who would have made the same trade-up and taken Queen there -- I will come out and say definitively that it's a better pick (to date) than the one I would have made. Martin looks like a potential steal, though! :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
23 Dec 2020 16:10
I am sure our team would be just fine without the likes of Darrius Shepherd, Malik Taylor, Ty Summers and Oren Burks if we had better players at those positions.
That's true; I still like Ty Summers as a guy to be on the roster. He and Martin need to spend the entire offseason live tackling each other to figure out how it works. Maybe with an outsider who actually knows how to tackle helping them out.

But yeah, you're right, if we cut Kirksey I'd anticipate, Even sticking with the young guns of Martin, Barnes, Summers, and Burks, there's room for at least 1 additional body to displace them.

This year at WR, I'm willing to add bodies because we're facing a passing game weapon free agency tsunami coming up. None of our top 6 and only one of our top 10 (Sternberger) receiving targets are under contract in 2022. (Adams, A. Jones, Tonyan, MVS, Lazard, J. Williams, M. Lewis, EQ, Ervin)

Gotta start the preparations now!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."