Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

BF004 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:22
Good lord, teams just tossing away picks for QB's. Even down to Wentz and Darnold.

That was kind of out of right field.

If I was Watson, I would be all for Atlanta over Cleveland, to be honest.

Can't think of a team that is gunna want Baker on a fairly expensive contract at this point.
Watson was warned by the Texans months before he was sued that he needed to stop trolling social media for hand jobs, as at least one woman was going to pursue criminal/civil action. Yet he continued anyway, at great risk to himself and his career. That's indicative of someone with a real sexual/psychological hang up. I would not be surprised if something like this happens again with Watson. Giving him any guaranteed money beyond one year is incredibly risky, I think.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
18 Mar 2022 15:30
BF004 wrote:
Good lord, teams just tossing away picks for QB's. Even down to Wentz and Darnold.

Can't think of a team that is gunna want Baker on a fairly expensive contract at this point.
Watson was warned by the Texans months before he was sued that he needed to stop trolling social media for hand jobs, as at least one woman was going to pursue criminal/civil action. Yet he continued anyway, at great risk to himself and his career. That's indicative of someone with a real sexual/psychological hang up. I would not be surprised if something like this happens again with Watson. Giving him any guaranteed money beyond one year is incredibly risky, I think.
And Cleveland wanted an "adult" at QB. Unbelievably risky move. Frankly the Browns are the obvious choice to try it.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Always kind of liked him. The Slayer bit was great of course. RIP
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2022 20:37
Always kind of liked him. The Slayer bit was great of course. RIP
I want to amend this. "Kinda" is the wrong word. Clayton was really one of the first guys I started regularly following and reading on NFL stuff. Sure he was way too attached the Seahawks and that knocked him down a notch (being funny, kinda). But he helped lay the groundwork for a lot of what we follow today. He was a good one.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
BF004 wrote:

source?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-humbled/

This guy is and always has been a poor man's Manziel. Pick anything and he is similar to but not as much as Manziel was at it.

Mobile, but not as mobile as Manziel.
Talented, but not as talented as Manziel.
Headcase, but not as much of a headcase as Manziel.
Short, but not as short as Manziel.

Now his time in Cleveland is coming to an end, and it was a disappointment, but not as much of a disappointment as Manziel.

He was a POS in college and I was generally rooting against him in the NFL (although mostly I didn't care), but I thought it was the dumbest thing when they made him the #1 overall pick and you had Josh Allen sitting there.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 21:48
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
BF004 wrote:

source?

This was all widely reported in multiple news outlets at the time of the complaints. SI did extensive reporting, as did USA Today.

Texans medical staff was concerned about (1) the volume of massages, (2) the number of different therapists, and (3) the method by which Watson was hiring the therapists. The organization became aware of problems in January and February and Watson was told by attorneys and his own sports agency (Athletes First) that at least two women had complained and that he should stop using social media to procure massages, yet Watson continued in his behavior. For example, in early March he contacted a woman - a new therapist for him - on Instagram about a discounted massage. She would later be one of the complainants in the larger civil lawsuit brought forth later in the month.

To continue a behavior like this that is leading to criminal/civil litigation is reckless, minimally. It is indicative of someone with a compulsion or addiction. If he truly needed massage therapy - for legitimate medical reasons rather than sex - he should have had the team medical staff procure a therapist and the massage should have occurred at a team approved facility. But that wasn't what he was after. He wanted hand jobs and oral sex from random women he found online. I'm not a sexual prude and I don't have any hang ups about people paying for sex. But when a behavior is leading to criminal/civil liability and someone has been warned as such, it would seem prudent to stop that behavior, which Watson was unable to do. He's either incredibly dumb or has a compulsion issue he can't manage.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

With Rodgers signed and Watson traded, the dominoes are falling.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, I would’ve so loved this move for the Packers.

Edit: and now I REALLY wish it was the Packers. #steal

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So why did Woods get such a low offer? Is his injury and cap hit that bad?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
19 Mar 2022 18:54
So why did Woods get such a low offer? Is his injury and cap hit that bad?
His cap hit is significant ($13.5 mil to $17.5 mil over next 4 yrs) and he’s coming off an ACL but, yeah, I’d have thought they get more than a 2023 6th for him. He’s a heckuva WR talent.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wow, that hurts. I've not been one of those guys who has gotten mad about missing out on Gilmore, OBJ, etc. but man, there is no real excuse for letting Woods get away from us for that little. Sure, Rams probably would have been loath to give one of their main competitors in the NFC a good player (notable that they sent him to the AFC), but you compensate for that by sweetening the pot -- make 'em an offer they can't refuse.

And I would have sweetened that pot quite a bit...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I see Woods as more of what we have when we need a 1 and 2 wr.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I wonder if our I-wanna-be-involved-in-personnel-decisions QB is making these sort of calls…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

GM Rodgers told us FAs want to come to GB bc of him but are stymied by asst GM Gute. GM Rodgers should wield his power and tweet out who he wants, who wants to come, and who only isn’t coming bc or asst gm gute.

Might help the team out since so many guys allegedly want to come here

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
19 Mar 2022 17:57
With Rodgers signed and Watson traded, the dominoes are falling.

Stafford must have made the most money of any football player in history.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Attachments
3EE82901-10AC-4D75-A837-D351764B8032.png
3EE82901-10AC-4D75-A837-D351764B8032.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 368 times

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m hearing that Ryan is due a $7M bonus today if he isnt traded. So, lets see if the Falcons really move on from him. Indy?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Mar 2022 07:15
I’m hearing that Ryan is due a $7M bonus today if he isnt traded. So, lets see if the Falcons really move on from him. Indy?
Indy makes the most sense. Not sure what Atlanta is planning if they trade him. Maybe they feel good with a rookie at #8, or getting Mayfield or Jimmy G.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
21 Mar 2022 11:17
Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Mar 2022 07:15
Indy makes the most sense. Not sure what Atlanta is planning if they trade him. Maybe they feel good with a rookie at #8, or getting Mayfield or Jimmy G.
If I were Atlanta, I'd realize I'm not gunna be very good and I don't want to lose Matt Ryan for nothing in a year or two. Suck this year, try getting a 2023 1st from another team, have your own good pick, make sure you get a QB next year.