Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Definitely reminiscence of Favre. Later dude.
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:00
I will bet a lot of money that Rodgers/sources start airing dirty laundry in the next month.
I hope not. Just let the man go to Denver and take the cap savings and the 1st round pick. Adams is gone no matter what and odds are he goes to Denver too.

As for Rodgers, why should he make himself look bad? Go to Denver, take their money, they have plenty for Adams and another major FA signing. Win your SB next year. Denver's D is as good as GB's was this year and their ST won't lose a playoff game.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers in his presser is acting like he hadnt even considered the chance that we would lose.

Thats a problem.

You cant go into a game so relaxed that you assume you will land in the SB.

You have to come out hungry and earn every win! Thats a problem with Rodgers leadership.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:11
Pckfn23 wrote:
I will bet a lot of money that Rodgers/sources start airing dirty laundry in the next month.
I hope not. Just let the man go to Denver and take the cap savings and the 1st round pick. Adams is gone no matter what and odds are he goes to Denver too.

As for Rodgers, why should he make himself look bad? Go to Denver, take their money, they have plenty for Adams and another major FA signing. Win your SB next year. Denver's D is as good as GB's was this year and their ST won't lose a playoff game.
As we saw last year, making the Packers look bad, is what they think makes Rodgers look good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:12
Rodgers in his presser is acting like he hadnt even considered the chance that we would lose.

Thats a problem.

You have to come out hungry and earn every win! Thats a problem with Rodgers leadership.
And that is why Brady is the GOAT.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:11
Pckfn23 wrote:

There was a point last offseason where I was frustrated with him, and definitely was in "don't let the door hit ya on the way out" camp, buthad this sinking feeling if he took another team all the way how frustrating and sad that would be.

After tonight, I don't really have that feeling anymore. I truly don't think he'll win another one here.. or elsewhere. Outside of ST, the defense and offense was about as complete as we've been in years.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:13
Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:12

Thats a problem.

And that is why Brady is the GOAT.
Yup, i could never imagine Brady talking about looking forward to the off week before the SB....

Its do or die every game in the postseason. Assuming you will be at the SB before you win a division game is a PROBLEM.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:09
Rodgers finally takes a dump on the STs.

Several months too late to start doing that.
What did he say?

I ain't watching this. Going to stay away from all things Packers/49ers. Can't stomach it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:20
Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:09
Rodgers finally takes a dump on the STs.

Several months too late to start doing that.
What did he say?

I ain't watching this. Going to stay away from all things Packers/49ers. Can't stomach it.
Just said it was hard to overcome their slop on a night the Offense wasnt great. (he didnt say it in those words, but thats basically what he said). Also said Defense did its part, Offense did not do its part, and STs didnt do its part like it hasnt most of the year (not those words, but basically like that)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers has taken responsibility for his own poor play, and he has admitted he was not sharp.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:23
Rodgers has taken responsibility for his own poor play, and he has admitted he was not sharp.
I wish others would realize this.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
He says this every year, though, that's the problem. I'd be curious to know how much of the offense over these failures is Rodgers', and how much is MM/MLF's.

Because it looked pretty damn similar to the slop that MM kept throwing out there. And we're replaced everything else on this team, and yet it looks the same...

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

texas wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:34
Drj820 wrote:
He says this every year, though, that's the problem. I'd be curious to know how much of the offense over these failures is Rodgers', and how much is MM/MLF's.

Because it looked pretty damn similar to the slop that MM kept throwing out there. And we're replaced everything else on this team, and yet it looks the same...
Every year it's the same. "Bad man hype" run ends for #12 standing at a podium on a Saturday/Sunday evening telling us how he wasn't sharp. It'll be the same dog and pony show next year too, you better believe it.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

The argument is the same from last offseason:

I mean, what more can this franchise do for him? Overall, very stellar WR crews over the years. Usually top line. I'll give him questionable TE decisions, but we've shored up the D and Robert has squashed the TE problems.. I think. Even Pettine's D was such an otherworldly upgrade from Capers for a bit.

I continue to fail to see what else we can do for him at this point, given our cap situation.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:41
texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Every year it's the same. "Bad man hype" run ends for #12 standing at a podium on a Saturday/Sunday evening telling us how he wasn't sharp. It'll be the same dog and pony show next year too, you better believe it.
I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers actually retires. He has talked about it a lot actually this season and last night had to be such a gut punch.

Rodgers knows in his heart of hearts if he can't get it done in 2020 or 2021...he isn't going to get it done. The lupes and budfoxes of the world can always find excuses for him but someone who is a professional and is required to look inwardly into himself will know he throw inaccurate balls that the receivers had to work hard to catch and couldn't even get two TDs in a game at home.

That's just a tough realization some have to take and he may see the writing on the wall he doesn't have what it takes and it's too much energy to end this way over and over.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:10
Definitely reminiscence of Favre. Later dude.
There was one huge (IMO) difference between Favre and Rodgers. (OK, lots of differences, but one I want to concentrate on.)

Favre was absolutely Packers through and through. It never occurred to him that he wouldn't be a Packer until he retired, and it never occurred to him that the Packers brass didn't feel the same way. It was only when he did retire and try to unretire, and found that the Packers had moved on, that he threw his toys out of the pram and wanted to stick it to the Packers any way he could. (I reckon if we hadn't had Rodgers ready to go, Favre would have been back no problem and the shenanigans wouldn't have happened.)

Rodgers is not Packers through and through, which is why he is talking, directly or obliquely, about playing for someone else. Rodgers will do what he thinks is best for him, and loyalty to the Packers (whether blind loyalty or considered loyalty) doesn't come in to it.

I reckon that difference is crucial. Players would follow Favre to the ends of the earth because they knew he would walk through walls for the Packers, and with that example, how can they do less. We have a good bunch of pros at Lambeau now, it appears, but they lack that bit of leadership that a QB who is with you in the trenches would give. There is nothing tangible about Rodgers' drip-drip-drip of anti-top brass (mis)information last summer, nor his refusal to even declare a preference to stop in Green Bay next year, but it's certainly not the sort of leadership to inspire the troops.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2022 07:44
TheGreenMan wrote:
22 Jan 2022 23:41
texas wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers actually retires. He has talked about it a lot actually this season and last night had to be such a gut punch.

Rodgers knows in his heart of hearts if he can't get it done in 2020 or 2021...he isn't going to get it done. The lupes and budfoxes of the world can always find excuses for him but someone who is a professional and is required to look inwardly into himself will know he throw inaccurate balls that the receivers had to work hard to catch and couldn't even get two TDs in a game at home.

That's just a tough realization some have to take and he may see the writing on the wall he doesn't have what it takes and it's too much energy to end this way over and over.
I dont think he retires. Id put it at less than 3% possibility. I also dont think the lesson he will take from this loss is "it is just not in me to get it done". I think he look around and see who has near perfect STs, as he will blame them for the loss in his "heart of hearts", and he will say "out of the teams with good STs, who has a good D and and various weapons".

I then think he will identify that team, and work with that team to get himself there. I think he will make a stink to the point that the Packers will not be able to move him to "best offer" for the org. I also think maybe part of the deal of getting him to come back is the Packers working with him to get him where he wants to go.

Long story short, I do think he is leaving, I dont think he will blame himself for the loss, I dont think he is retiring, and I think he is going to choose very wisely where he maneuvers himself to.

Then we all get to see if the problem was him or the Packers.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Well we won't see that because the rest of the team will be considerably different (and less talented).

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

texas wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I bet you could pull tape from every one of his playoff losses and it all would look the same. Drop back, wait, wait, wait, roll out towards the sideline, throw it away. OR throw a 3 yard quick out to Cobb for net zero yards. OR wait wait wait get sacked.

If I were his coach I’d need to come up with a name for a phrase to use whenever he starts to play like that.

“Hey Aaron you’re looking scared like a child out there AGAIN.” Or something to that end.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff