Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Titans 7 million over the cap, don't have a 2nd round pick this year (Julio), and would take on an additional $19 million in dead cap in 2022 to move away from Tannehill. They are financially locked into him for at least 1 more year.

Some of this stuff isn’t that hard to debunk.

May just be Rodgers could potentially be done playing football entirely by the time a multi-million dollar house is completed, and the guy sitting on 9 digits in cash wants a house long term in Nashville, where we all know he really loves music. :idn:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
02 Feb 2022 15:09
Titans 7 million over the cap, don't have a 2nd round pick this yeah (Julio), and would take on an additional $19 million in dead cap in 2022 to move away from Tannehill. They are financially locked into him for at least 1 more year.

Some of this stuff can't be that hard to debunk.

May just be Rodgers could potentially be done playing football entirely by the time a multi-million dollar house is completed, and the guy sitting on 9 digits in cash wants a house long term in Nashville, where we all know he really loves music. :idn:
Yeah that was just not believable at all outside of maybe he is building a house in Texas

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
May just be Rodgers could potentially be done playing football entirely by the time a multi-million dollar house is completed, and the guy sitting on 9 digits in cash wants a house long term in Nashville, where we all know he really loves music.
No kidding. This stuff isn't so hard to figure.

Can't wait for the flight tracking tweets to start popping up promoting trade rumors when all that's happening is Aaron going to play some golf. :roll:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
Titans 7 million over the cap, don't have a 2nd round pick this yeah (Julio), and would take on an additional $19 million in dead cap in 2022 to move away from Tannehill. They are financially locked into him for at least 1 more year.

my first impression was investment property, which never goes down, I'd think he'd build more of em.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Feb 2022 09:51
paco wrote:
02 Feb 2022 09:40
Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2022 09:29

well if we keep Rodgers for 3 more years the staff should know if Love is a viable replacement, if not, draft or buy one that is.

easy to see why MLF and Guty want Rodgers back, it gives them some breathing room and time to asses Love more.
MLF and Gutey may know that, but we don't. No reason to think that Love won't ask for a trade if Rodgers is brought back.
If rodgers is back the league knows its because Love cant play. Where could Love go and start next year after asking for a trade? I doubt anywhere.
Not necessarily. AR wasn't ready after 2 years behind Favre either.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Just for my own tracking. Teams that Rodgers is "going to" so far ...
Packers
Broncos
Steelers
Bucs
Titans
49ers to a lesser extent
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
02 Feb 2022 21:56
Packers
Broncos
Steelers
Bucs
Titans
49ers to a lesser extent
Wasn't a one-for-one Rodgers for Wilson also floated about?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
03 Feb 2022 06:59
paco wrote:
Packers
Broncos
Steelers
Bucs
Titans
49ers to a lesser extent
Wasn't a one-for-one Rodgers for Wilson also floated about?
You may be right, I'd probably put that in the 49ers category. Mentioned, but not too much steam behind it. I've also heard people mention the Panthers as well. This were the ones I've heard the most rumors behind and "sources" say its happening.

Gotta love those sources!
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

paco wrote:
Packers
Broncos
Steelers
Bucs
Titans
49ers to a lesser extent
Why not add the Patriots? If 12 wants to win a SB, maybe teaming with the "Hood" would work.
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
03 Feb 2022 07:21
paco wrote:
Packers
Broncos
Steelers
Bucs
Titans
49ers to a lesser extent
Why not add the Patriots? If 12 wants to win a SB, maybe teaming with the "Hood" would work.
;-)
I have heard that one mentioned, but only by fans, no "reports". That would be an interesting pair. Could work out beautifully or be a total disaster.
RIP JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2022 16:36
BF004 wrote:

my first impression was investment property, which never goes down, I'd think he'd build more of em.
Didn't know that. Will transfer everything to REITs today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
03 Feb 2022 09:40
Yoop wrote:
02 Feb 2022 16:36
BF004 wrote:

Didn't know that. Will transfer everything to REITs today.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

TN has no income tax. His accountant probably told him to build his primary residence there. TN also has decent weather/climate, lakes, and mountain views. Also very secluded in some spots. Remember that AR is a northern CA kid at heart.

Denver is AR's best option if he wants to play elsewhere. Best defense, young on OFF. Cap space. New ownership looking to make a splash, most likely. As for the idea that DEN plays good teams regularly, it is the NFL. Most teams have enough talent to win on any given Sunday.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
03 Feb 2022 09:51
TN has no income tax. His accountant probably told him to build his primary residence there. TN also has decent weather/climate, lakes, and mountain views. Also very secluded in some spots. Remember that AR is a northern CA kid at heart.

Denver is AR's best option if he wants to play elsewhere. Best defense, young on OFF. Cap space. New ownership looking to make a splash, most likely. As for the idea that DEN plays good teams regularly, it is the NFL. Most teams have enough talent to win on any given Sunday.
I just think going through Matt Stafford and Dak Prescott is a more favorable position that having to go through Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Mahommes each postseason.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Being rich is so weird that your passive income is to the level where it could even possibly make sense to build a home in a state and call it your primary residence just to reduce state taxes on income you didn't actively earn.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
It doesn't matter what your home residence is as far as state taxes are concerned. You pay state taxes based on where the money is earned. So if AR were to have his residence in TN, but play for the Broncos, he would pay Colorado taxes on home games. And NFL players pay taxes based on the state they play in for road games. I'm not sure how that works for things like signing bonuses (if it is where the business/team is located, or based on the player's residence state).

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Feb 2022 11:48
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
It doesn't matter what your home residence is as far as state taxes are concerned. You pay state taxes based on where the money is earned. So if AR were to have his residence in TN, but play for the Broncos, he would pay Colorado taxes on home games. And NFL players pay taxes based on the state they play in for road games. I'm not sure how that works for things like signing bonuses (if it is where the business/team is located, or based on the player's residence state).
I was thinking long term Wally. AR will be done this year or probably a few years from now. His income at that point won't be taxed, though TN does have a very minimal tax on interest and some dividends. I have a relative who is a retired IBM executive (as is his wife). They live in TN (one of their houses) and essentially pay nothing in taxes.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
03 Feb 2022 11:48
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Yeah active income is where you earn it. But any passive income is where your residence is.

So if you have $100 million in stock and make $10 million in capital gains, you would rather earn that money in a state with no income tax. A problem only the stupid, stupid rich get to actually think about.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Somehow I doubt taxes are the biggest thing on Rodgers' mind. Nashville is one of, if not the hottest city in the country to move to. Its booming and I hear from people that have lived there all their lives are now looking to get out because of how crazy its getting. It's the place to be, if that's your thing.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
03 Feb 2022 12:11
Somehow I doubt taxes are the biggest thing on Rodgers' mind. Nashville is one of, if not the hottest city in the country to move to. Its booming and I hear from people that have lived there all their lives are now looking to get out because of how crazy its getting. It's the place to be, if that's your thing.
I guarantee you state income taxes is like the last thing on Rodgers's mind.
Yoop wrote: