Training Camp 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
27 Jul 2022 10:52
~2.7 million.
That doesn't line up with my narrative.

:swear:

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
27 Jul 2022 10:52
~2.7 million.
Yeah, the Texans paid all of Cobb's guarantees before trading him to us.

Plus we might without AR had we not appeased him by getting Cobb.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

First completion of camp: AR to Lazard.

Folks looking like Soviet tank crews in those silly Guardian Cap helmet covers. And no, this isn't the Packers being soft, it's a newly league-mandated thing for portions of training camp.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/336 ... ining-camp

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Jul 2022 11:27

Folks looking like Soviet tank crews in those silly Guardian Cap helmet covers. And no, this isn't the Packers being soft, it's a newly league-mandated thing for portions of training camp.
Have used them for a decade in our HS practices.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I think this was super interesting. LaFleur is still a young HC, and apparently hadn't paid all that much attention to STs. May explain why he didn't meddle with them mid-season even when there was all the reason to.

LaFleur tried not to be disrespectful to his former ST coords, but the way he talked about Bisaccia kinda made it clear we now have another level of coaching talent for the teams... And previously Gutey essentially admitted he has acquired some guys Bisaccia asked for.

I'll be damned if the STs aren't gonna be a whoooole lot better than last seasons.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah pretty obvious nobody on the staff knew what the hell they were doing last year in terms of STs including the coordinator and the HC. Cost us a super bowl most likely.

Glad it’s getting fixed now tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I would pay to see Bisaccia calling out MLF (his boss!), hopefully I don't get to see it for free at any point in the season...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Doubs I believe has the biggest chance to be that surprise sleeper.

I'm pretty excited about him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Based on Andy's tweets, there's been a "wow" play each by Winfree, Lazard, and Doubs. Also a nice Love->Toure connection. Sounds like we have the best 2-deep offense in football. Championship!
:lombardi: :banana:
:lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2022 11:16
Yeah, I am entirely iffy on that OL.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2022 11:16
For those complaining our offense was the worst in the league last year....

no no. THIS is what a bad offense looks like. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Based on the tweets, Doubs was the star of the 1st practice, with Lazard and Winfree as runners up. 8-)

Apparently the surgery Christian Watson had was on his knee. If I had to guess, and this is just a guess, some sort of clean up procedure. Recovery from those should be around 6 weeks, so depends on when he got it done. OTAs ended mid-June, so assuming he got it immediately after that, shouldn't be long. But take this with a grain of salt, no one has the specifics of the operation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok, so interesting OL nuggets.

Starters were:
Nijmen - JRJ - Myers - Hanson - Newman

Second Team was:
Tom - Menet - Hanson - Rhyan - CVL

This is interesting to me because Tom had been exclusively playing inside in OTAs and minicamps. It's also interesting because Newman had been rotating between RG1 and RT1 in OTAs and minicamp and a tweet specifically noted today that there was no OL1 rotation. It's also interesting because the prior rotation at RG had Rhyan playing with the 3s, and he's now playing with the 2s. It's also interesting because MLF said with the rookies, particularly Rhyan and Tom, it would be a "fluid situation" but that you like to give young guys one spot to really focus on.

Putting all that together, it looks like Newman might have the inside track to being RT1 until Jenkins returns. Measurably, this makes sense. Newman has the longest arms and the lowest lateral quickness, which ironically for us has been more consistent with tackle in our mid-recent history, aside from Nijman (more in a bit). Also, this may not be accurate, but I feel like a guy who makes mental, not physical mistakes on twists and whatnot may be better outside where he can see what's coming more clearly.

It also continues to show that Hanson is being counted on for us, RG1 and C2 at the moment.

Nijman's move back to the left might just be a day-to-day rotation, but it might mean he's been deemed LT-only, it might mean that they have to prepare more seriously for Bakh missing time, and/or it might mean that Nijman and Newman are now in competition for the RT job. Lots of possibilities there.

My most exciting development is giving Tom time on the outside. If MLF is to be trusted, this might be a semi-permanent change to keep Tom's focus a bit limited. Again, preparing for the possibility of Bakh missing time (not necessarily to start the season or anything, but it's nice that they're taking LT seriously), but if he holds up out there, it would be fun to be grooming an heir apparent out there.

Final note, Menet at LG2 illustrates how thin we are while Jenkins and Bakh are out. I'm a little surprised CVL wasn't slotted in there, as he's rotated around inside and out, but Menet as anything other than an emergency C3 option doesn't inspire much love from me. Again, Bakh and Jenkins are expected back, and Rhyan and Tom are still learning, developing, and rising up the depth charts, so I'm not, like, concerned. But it's a note.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Now THAT's a starting D! :beer2:

Whether it's Rasul or Jaire manning the slot corner spot will probably depend on the matchups.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I'm really curious who the top rotational pass rusher will be.

OLB appears to have pretty weak depth.