Analyze QB Jordan Love 1(26) yourself

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
27 Apr 2020 22:02
British wrote:
27 Apr 2020 19:15
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 15:06

Oh man the Favre wars.

From his pick 6 in the icy NFCCG right on through his "this is not detroit man, its the super bowl" pick in the NFCCG, what an awful era. So many "fans" bailed on GB and followed Brent. Who can forget Hauschild at FF.
Did this Hauschild guy turn his back on the Packers and become a Jets/Vikings fan?
Yes, he was basically the Yoop of FF back in the day. Bailed on the Pack and became a Jets fan (never showed his face on the Vikes board, at least under his Haus acct, but he also never came back to GB). But he was opinionated and obtuse and was chairman of the Favre on a pedestal club, hated everything about TT and Murphy.
does anyone have any info about season tickets for the KC Chiefs :lol:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Here's JT O'Sullivan's take:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Wow, great video breaking it down.

Its real easy to see young Rodgers or Mahomes in his play. There are issues that are going to need work, but the upside is plainly obvious. He finds consistency and that's and NFL MVP caliber passer.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
28 Apr 2020 08:26

Its real easy to see young Rodgers or Mahomes in his play. There are issues that are going to need work, but the upside is plainly obvious. He finds consistency and that's and NFL MVP caliber passer.
I havn't had a problem so much with Love "the prospect" it's simply the decision to do so when we need a receiver more, also, those things that Love needs to improve upon are mostly the reasons QB's flop at this level, most college QB's that are draftable have the physical ability to be good, it's the mental and instinctual stuff that holds them back, right?

I would have waited 2 more years, MLF schemes will lengthen Rodgers career, or it should give him the full 3 to 4 seasons left on his contract anyway, so I just have trouble with rushing to get his replacement, unless either AR declines a lot or we trade him in two years, it's doubtful any QB we bring in will beat him out in this time frame.

another point, the shorter the throw, the more off target Love was (I've seen this in other videos as well) MLF's schemes are short passing, so that concerns me, obviously Love is accurate deep, but we are transitioning to more short stuff.
imo the short stuff is harder, requires more accuracy and ball placement, timing, so it might be a challange.

Hey it's a done deal now, all we can do is hope it pans out.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
28 Apr 2020 08:26

Yeah, that was really good.

Read More. Post Less.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Waldo wrote:
British wrote:
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 15:06

Oh man the Favre wars.

From his pick 6 in the icy NFCCG right on through his "this is not detroit man, its the super bowl" pick in the NFCCG, what an awful era. So many "fans" bailed on GB and followed Brent. Who can forget Hauschild at FF.
Did this Hauschild guy turn his back on the Packers and become a Jets/Vikings fan?
Yes, he was basically the Yoop of FF back in the day. Bailed on the Pack and became a Jets fan (never showed his face on the Vikes board, at least under his Haus acct, but he also never came back to GB). But he was opinionated and obtuse and was chairman of the Favre on a pedestal club, hated everything about TT and Murphy.
Hard to think of a worse decision. Hope he enjoyed that one year of Brett the Jet. Maybe he rode Favre to that crushing NFCCG interception with the Vikings, all while we were celebrating a Superbowl win. Will never understand the people that support a single player over a team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

British wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:23
Waldo wrote:
British wrote:

Hard to think of a worse decision. Hope he enjoyed that one year of Brett the Jet. Maybe he rode Favre to that crushing NFCCG interception with the Vikings, all while we were celebrating a Superbowl win. Will never understand the people that support a single player over a team.
It's not the player British, how short sighted of you, people leave because they don't agree with management, how stuff went down, you not only insulted me which I believe may have been your intent, lots of Packer fans including Just Jeff wanted to keep Favre that last year, right up till the FO locked the doors on the Hutson, I only use Jeffs name here hoping you'll show him some respect which you don't seem to have for me..

I've been a fan for over 70 years, grew up a block away from Lambeau, and I have every right to question the FO and the decisions they make, Hauschild I expect left ( stupidly yes) because he became fed up with Thompson, a lot of fans couldn't get over the Rodgers pick, the Moss etc debacles of Ted tight wadding his pocket book on trades, so it wasn't just the PLAYER>

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 10:09
British wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:23
Waldo wrote:

It's not the player British, how short sighted of you, people leave because they don't agree with management, how stuff went down, you not only insulted me which I believe may have been your intent, lots of Packer fans including Just Jeff wanted to keep Favre that last year, right up till the FO locked the doors on the Hutson, I only use Jeffs name here hoping you'll show him some respect which you don't seem to have for me..

I've been a fan for over 70 years, grew up a block away from Lambeau, and I have every right to question the FO and the decisions they make, Hauschild I expect left ( stupidly yes) because he became fed up with Thompson, a lot of fans couldn't get over the Rodgers pick, the Moss etc debacles of Ted tight wadding his pocket book on trades, so it wasn't just the PLAYER>
I assumed it was pretty obvious the only guy i'm criticising is this Hauschild character, as he's the only person being discussed who ditched the Packers to follow another player. No criticism meant to anyone else, especially not you. No doubt we all have our frustrations with the team from time to time. But even Favre is now friends with Ted, friends with Aaron, loves the Packers etc. Favre Returns the great NFL Films Timeline doc shows that. If Hauschild realised that TT did what he did in the best interest of the Packers then he wouldn't have had to support the Jets (whose management do far more crazy franchise-wrecking stuff than the Packers ever did).

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 10:09

To be fair, looks like it was Waldo that insulted you yoop, not British.

I don't remember or know Hauschild, but the description doesn't, to me, sound like Yoop. I've seen Yoop change his mind several time with new information or enough conversation; he's said plenty of good things about TT and/or Gutey. And I never got the impression (as I do for some people around here) that yoop would be happier rooting for a different team.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Sorry British, not sure why I had the impression it was directed at me, possibly I've gotten a bit thin skinned because I've been hit a bit concerning my dislike of the Love pick.

My impression of Waldo's comment is that I'am a long term member here just as Hauschild was a long term member at FF, at least that was my take.

I went through the dark ages, lots of fans where upset with management, and as I said, that is every fans right, not that any of our angst could change anything, obviously it didn't for many years, but eventually the squeek became a roar and a savoir stepped up, so it's important to voice our concerns, in fact it's paramount that we do so.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Not sure if this is something that ever changes. Tbh not much of a QB elevator. But one negative i see when watching love film is the ints generally come from him locking on to one receiver early, and never coming off that WR, and then trying to squeeze the ball in. Is that a mental trait that is common for young QBs that they can develop past? Or does that usually stick with a player?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Y'all have to remember one thing about Favre that is basically nonexistant about Rodgers.

Favre was placed on a much taller pedestal than Rodgers (in part because of that very pedestal and the benefit of hindsight). Many fans believed that he was a once in a generation player and that GB might never get a QB of that caliber again. Thus every moment with him must be coveted, and that the organizations only job is to make his journey as special as possible for fans to the moment he decides to hang them up and beyond. Mortgaging the future to the extreme for the now, for that one last special season or two, was the only way the FO should be operating as the future beyond Favre didn't matter in the slightest. Its was going to be another post Starr period, with decades of bottom feeding futility. There was zero looking forward to a post-Favre Packers.

In the Favre wars, that was basically the stance of the pro-Favre faction. And they dug in hard. That '07-'08 offseason was truly horrid. Most of the hardcore posters on the pro-Favre side left or became super casual posters following the split. Haus was basically the leader of that faction.

The idea that the organization is going to be in shambles anyway after AR leaves to why not mortgage that future to the extreme isn't nearly as strong with AR as it was with Brett. But #12 hasn't been threatening retirement yet and he could conceivably play 4-5 more years, so perhaps we're just a bit early for that sentiment.

Much of the front office and TT hate stemmed from that basic disconnect. They cared about the post-Favre Packers, hardcore pedestalists did not.

Rodgers working out as well as he did and the relatively early success makes it look ridiculous in hindsight, but that was by no means a given at the time.

Also remember, it had been a long time since a HOF QB had retired, and an especially long time since one retired by choice. Now the Favre-Manning (Montana..) blueprint seems to be the way to go now, that seems to be what NE did as well (and is set up for Rodgers), let the old QB near the end finished their career somewhere else.

But the Elway model was on GB fans minds. And in what is truly a parallel world, they made him GM, lol, which is what many pedestalists had suggested (tongue in cheek for most tho). Granted in hindsight their all in run at the end also included cap cheating. But lets not forget what offense got Elway over the top at the end...
Last edited by Waldo on 28 Apr 2020 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 10:42
Sorry British, not sure why I had the impression it was directed at me, possibly I've gotten a bit thin skinned because I've been hit a bit concerning my dislike of the Love pick.

My impression of Waldo's comment is that I'am a long term member here just as Hauschild was a long term member at FF, at least that was my take.

I went through the dark ages, lots of fans where upset with management, and as I said, that is every fans right, not that any of our angst could change anything, obviously it didn't for many years, but eventually the squeek became a roar and a savoir stepped up, so it's important to voice our concerns, in fact it's paramount that we do so.
This is a good point. If I had been a fan during the 70s and 80s maybe I'd have been less keen to assume the organisation new what it was doing!

And heck, you might be proved right on the Love pick.

I guess I just think life is too short to be upset by my team until they've proved worthy of it. Until then, I'm going to look to the positives and hope for the best. Real life is bad enough as it is. The Packers are some light relief and a positive distraction.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:10
Hey it's a done deal now, all we can do is hope it pans out.
Yes. This I agree wholeheartedly with.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
28 Apr 2020 11:21
Haha, I was 10 rows up with Jordy running right at me.

What an amazing play.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Yoop wrote:
Long time member, heavy poster, tend to squabble a fair amount, quite opinionated, older than the average poster. Also, you are the pretty much the one most likely here to blame any of AR's shortcomings on the talent around him.

I'm certainly not questioning your loyalty to the Pack.

But you are the closest one here to that poster, and many people here were members there at the time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

British wrote:
28 Apr 2020 10:58
Yoop wrote:

This is a good point. If I had been a fan during the 70s and 80s maybe I'd have been less keen to assume the organisation new what it was doing!

And heck, you might be proved right on the Love pick.

I guess I just think life is too short to be upset by my team until they've proved worthy of it. Until then, I'm going to look to the positives and hope for the best. Real life is bad enough as it is. The Packers are some light relief and a positive distraction.
who knows, I just wanted a receiver, I've seen a bunch of Loves, and each and everyone had a strong arm, and looked good enough in college to be drafted into the pros, hopefully he's better then most the Packers took.

like Rodgers the end was near for Farve, like many I didn't expect the announcement when Favre made it a week or so after the playoff loss, now we know he wanted a trade, and coming back meant he had to compete with Rodgers to start, he was far to proud to do that, and I wouldn't expect Rodgers to do it either, I and a lot of Packer fans where willing to take him back that season, but only because we thought he was still the best QB for the team to win with, thats it, I don't know anyone (don't know Hauschild except from FF) that didn't remain a loyal Packer fan

when ya go 20 plus years with a revolving door of mediocrity at QB ya tend to get attached when ya get a HOFer.