Packers @ Bills GDT: Sunday, Oct. 30th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Defense is still supposed to be good right? The. They should help us keep it close. If they can’t slow Buffalo down at all we wouldn’t be winning a Super Bowl anyway even if the offense was average
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 08:00
Defense is still supposed to be good right? The. They should help us keep it close. If they can’t slow Buffalo down at all we wouldn’t be winning a Super Bowl anyway even if the offense was average
we have to sustain some drives to keep the defense fresh, or we'll see the defense gassed, which causes penalty's and the second half issues that have plagued in the last few games

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
30 Oct 2022 10:06
Drj820 wrote:
we have to sustain some drives to keep the defense fresh, or we'll see the defense gassed, which causes penalty's and the second half issues that have plagued in the last few games
While true, plenty of historic defenses have carried bad offenses. I didn’t say the d needed to get us a win. I said they should keep it close (if they are all that). This defense has a crazy amount of resources and what like 5 or more 1st round picks? Time for them to keep us from being embarrassed is my only point
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Trying to get a vibe for this game. Feeling the Packers in a shocker or the Bills win easy. I don’t see the Packers dropping a heartbreaker.

Read More. Post Less.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
I keep seeing this narrative that the D is only or at least mostly playing poorly because it gets gassed.

While I agree that a few more sustained drives would certainly be helpful, both to the defense and the offense, the fact is that Green Bay's average time of possession is 29:55 meaning the defense has only been on the field an average of less than 1 second per game more than the offense and that is after Washington possessed it over 37 minutes last week.

Plenty of reason to get on the offense for its poor play in 2022, but the defensive failures cannot fairly be attributed mostly to being on the field too long.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LombardiTime wrote:
30 Oct 2022 12:22
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
I keep seeing this narrative that the D is only or at least mostly playing poorly because it gets gassed.

While I agree that a few more sustained drives would certainly be helpful, both to the defense and the offense, the fact is that Green Bay's average time of possession is 29:55 meaning the defense has only been on the field an average of less than 1 second per game more than the offense and that is after Washington possessed it over 37 minutes last week.

Plenty of reason to get on the offense for its poor play in 2022, but the defensive failures cannot fairly be attributed mostly to being on the field too long.
I love it when people use data to disprove narratives. I never thought about that as I too fell under the trap of thinking our defense never got good breathers.

Thank you for bringing this up!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

However they are a top ranked defense in the first 3 quarters and then a bottom ranked defense in quarter 4 and OT. There is some truth in the defense being gassed and the offense not giving them a break.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 12:55
However they are a top ranked defense in the first 3 quarters and then a bottom ranked defense in quarter 4 and OT. There is some truth in the defense being gassed and the offense not giving them a break.
They have sucked that bad in Q4 huh? Because our OT game our defense was elite.

That's crazy they are that bad in Q4.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Oct 2022 13:43
Pckfn23 wrote:

Data is often deceiving, when you see grabbing and holding penalty's it's a good sign players are tiring, same with missed tackles, weak coverage, and thats what Iv'e seen mid to late 2nd halves of games

the offense isn't consistent, might have a long drive, followed by several short drives.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

LombardiTime wrote:
30 Oct 2022 12:22
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

The defense is struggling because they play to keep everything in front of them and get turnovers. The turnovers aren't happening and they have given up some scores in the 2nd half while our offense has struggled to score in the 2nd half.

Does seem like one possession each game could change the outcomes. One ticky-tack illegal contact penalty probably changed the result of last week just like the blocked punt against the Jets.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
30 Oct 2022 14:11
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Data is often deceiving, when you see grabbing and holding penalty's it's a good sign players are tiring, same with missed tackles, weak coverage, and thats what Iv'e seen mid to late 2nd halves of games

the offense isn't consistent, might have a long drive, followed by several short drives.
Data is never deceiving. Data is fact. The real truth about data is that data is simply messy.

The deception enters with bad analysis, theory, projection and communication either due to poor analytical skills or bias.

It's why in my post above I was grateful for the input and insight and that is about it. I didn't refute it or accept it. I simply absorbed it
Yoop wrote:

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

The only path to victory I see is if Buffalo comes out and lays an egg. Packers have far too many issues to "clean up" to beat a good team like this.

Bills - 30
Packers - 17

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

I'll be there momentarily :banana:

Homer radio here saying we suck and only reason game will be close is Rodgers or refs

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Brain says Bills by 20 but heart says Doubs with the game winner.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Willink wrote:
30 Oct 2022 16:20
I'll be there momentarily :banana:

Homer radio here saying we suck and only reason game will be close is Rodgers or refs
Say hi to mom and dad 004 while you are there!! :beer2:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We got LaFleur, MVP, Jones and Dillon, what should a talented OL. Ya got Tonyan, one of the best blocking TE’s in the league, and some unproven and veteran talent at WR.

Make a game plan that fits around that and execute it. Teams with much less talent have been way more productive than us. No drops, fumbles, missed blocks, penalties, keep moving the chains. Keep stacking 3’s and 7’s control the clock.

Bring the &%$@

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Giants can't do anything in first half so they come out with extra OL and run the ball. Wish one of our "smart" beat reporters would ask MLF sometime.

Or do a trick play, anything to try and jumpstart the offense. He just keep sticking with a failed game plan.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Hoping for no offensive penalties.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
30 Oct 2022 14:51
Yoop wrote:
30 Oct 2022 14:11
go pak go wrote:

Data is never deceiving. Data is fact. The real truth about data is that data is simply messy.

The deception enters with bad analysis, theory, projection and communication either due to poor analytical skills or bias.

It's why in my post above I was grateful for the input and insight and that is about it. I didn't refute it or accept it. I simply absorbed it
data doesn't tell us what transpired to give us raw stats the data comes from, the penalty's, the 3 and outs, or the long time consuming drives, your just looking for something to argue about, if you don't think the defenses has looked worn out tired at the end of games fine, I could give two &%$@ whether you believe that or not

whats obvious to anyone with the eye to see is disputed by you and your fking data, again data is what ya see on a spread sheet, this defense being tired has to be seen to be appreciated, just watch the fking game.

this is the same bs as that throw to Rodgers, you act like you know something that is only known between several people and it sure as hell isn't some media dude, if it was a called play to WAtson thats probably where Rodgers would have thrown it, but as with most short yardage plays it was a quick out to get that 1 yrd, Rodgers doesn't change called plays as much as people think.

nothing can ever be as it looks to be can it GPG? you listen to ink peddlers, you buy into there convoluted BS to much, not saying they are wrong all the time, but they create opinions, thats there job.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
30 Oct 2022 17:18
We got LaFleur, MVP, Jones and Dillon, what should a talented OL. Ya got Tonyan, one of the best blocking TE’s in the league, and some unproven and veteran talent at WR.

Make a game plan that fits around that and execute it. Teams with much less talent have been way more productive than us. No drops, fumbles, missed blocks, penalties, keep moving the chains. Keep stacking 3’s and 7’s control the clock.

Bring the &%$@
thing is Lafluer has done that, our problem is the last part of your post, we do drop passes, we have blocked inconsistently, we are penalized more then ever before in Matts tenure, we make over twice the average mistakes as well.

we need to be more consistent to the good with everything we do.