Here's Johnny!! (Return of the Mac) Wk10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:22
Sigh...

only a idiot would lack the rationality to realize Rodgers ability didn't change, receivers did, you and others here simply refuse to acknowledge this. we average 4 to 5 dropped passes a game, and it's all Rodgers fault :thwap:
Rodgers did change and improve last night. Rodgers had his best game of the season. His on the field improvement can be and is separate from his statistical improvement. Both happened yesterday because the receivers (Watson) also caught balls. Rodgers was very good, whereas in previous games this season he has not been. Receivers were also pretty good, whereas in previous games this season they have not been.

I know the question has been asked already today, but why are you being a jerk? I think you have personally insulted a half dozen people this morning.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
13 Nov 2022 20:47
Damn. I forgot to choose a player this week. Kinda hard to win this thing when you don’t choose anybody. :oops:
I forgot too. :oops:

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pugger wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:42
APB wrote:
Damn. I forgot to choose a player this week. Kinda hard to win this thing when you don’t choose anybody. :oops:
Watson obviously but the person who decided to not let 26 play safety really is the winner in my mind. Would have been a blowout otherwise.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:38
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 10:22
Sigh...

only a idiot would lack the rationality to realize Rodgers ability didn't change, receivers did, you and others here simply refuse to acknowledge this. we average 4 to 5 dropped passes a game, and it's all Rodgers fault :thwap:
Rodgers did change and improve last night. Rodgers had his best game of the season. His on the field improvement can be and is separate from his statistical improvement. Both happened yesterday because the receivers (Watson) also caught balls. Rodgers was very good, whereas in previous games this season he has not been. Receivers were also pretty good, whereas in previous games this season they have not been.

I know the question has been asked already today, but why are you being a jerk? I think you have personally insulted a half dozen people this morning.
when people continually blame Rodgers, or Lafluer, for RB's lacking down and distance to run more, and receivers screwing up I'll call them on it, last night the blocking was better, so we ran more, having success on the early downs gives Matt Faith they can do it on 3rd down, and why is it you and all of these offended people refuse to accept that on average, receivers have dropped almost as many balls as they've caught? it's not that Rodgers played so much better, it's that his supporting cast did, yet you twist that around to support your prior agenda of this is a Rodgers problem, or a Lafluer problem, and neither was the main problem ever.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
14 Nov 2022 12:15
Pugger wrote:
APB wrote:
Watson obviously but the person who decided to not let 26 play safety really is the winner in my mind. Would have been a blowout otherwise.
well that would be Barry, Savage was considered one of the best DB's in the league the last half of the 2020 season when he was used more as the slot corner. then Berry took over and moved him back to FS, he's better closer to the LOS.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:44
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

when people continually blame Rodgers, or Lafluer, for RB's lacking down and distance to run more, and receivers screwing up I'll call them on it, last night the blocking was better, so we ran more, having success on the early downs gives Matt Faith they can do it on 3rd down, and why is it you and all of these offended people refuse to accept that on average, receivers have dropped almost as many balls as they've caught? it's not that Rodgers played so much better, it's that his supporting cast did, yet you twist that around to support your prior agenda of this is a Rodgers problem, or a Lafluer problem, and neither was the main problem ever.
EVERYONE is heaping praise on Rodgers this week! My lord man.

It is possible for multiple players to screw up including the QB.

We didn't have success on early downs last night.

No, receivers have not dropped almost as many balls as they have caught. That is absurd and you wonder why you get called out. Of course the receivers haven't been good, but up until last night, Rodgers hasn't been either. Last night he was masterful. It was fun to watch. Rodgers absolutely played a lot better last night compared to the first 9 games.

Up until yesterday it was an EVERYONE problem. Rodgers, Gutekunst, LaFleur, receivers, offensive line, etc... They all hold a good amount of blame for what has happened this season. That you would try to absolve any one of them shows who has the real agenda.

Lastly, I don't think you even realize how often you personally and outright insult others without any provocation whatsoever. Provocation is not someone disagreeing with you. People are praising Rodgers for his excellent play last night and you are literally calling them names for doing so...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:52
Up until yesterday it was an EVERYONE problem. Rodgers, Gutekunst, LaFleur, receivers, offensive line, etc... They all hold a good amount of blame for what has happened this season. That you would try to absolve any one of them shows who has the real agenda.
the real culprit for the first 9 games where OL and receivers, You and others have been blaming Rodgers or Lafluer and thats mostly hogwash, lis you brought a stat showing 5.3 yrds per rush, which is misleading, any coach that constantly see's poor runs on first down will have a decision to make, specially so against loaded boxes, any fool knows you have to pass in those situations, yet people here call Lafluer a idiot, then we hear 9 weeks worth of Rodgers is declining, he's innacurate, he changes plays, wont post snap read defenses, for most of these games Rodgers had little time to do anything but throw to the first read.

now I'am to believe Rodgers miraculously became a better QB between last Sunday against the Bills and last night against the Cowboys, you people are blind, no &%$@, Rodgers didn't change much at all, what changed is the OL protection and run blocking, receivers catching balls they should have been catching all season, and Lafluer dialing up a heavier run package, all along Rodgers like last night said we need to run the ball more

I get upset with others for glossing over there earlier opinions and acting as though this was finally a good game from Rodgers, as though other games weren't, when we average 4 to 5 dropped passes a game

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So WRs and Oline can miraculously get better overnight but Rodgers never sees any variation in his play.

Got it. :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 14:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:52
the real culprit for the first 9 games where OL and receivers, You and others have been blaming Rodgers or Lafluer and thats mostly hogwash, lis you brought a stat showing 5.3 yrds per rush, which is misleading, any coach that constantly see's poor runs on first down will have a decision to make, specially so against loaded boxes, any fool knows you have to pass in those situations, yet people here call Lafluer a idiot, then we hear 9 weeks worth of Rodgers is declining, he's innacurate, he changes plays, wont post snap read defenses, for most of these games Rodgers had little time to do anything but throw to the first read.

now I'am to believe Rodgers miraculously became a better QB between last Sunday against the Bills and last night against the Cowboys, you people are blind, no &%$@, Rodgers didn't change much at all, what changed is the OL protection and run blocking, receivers catching balls they should have been catching all season, and Lafluer dialing up a heavier run package, all along Rodgers like last night said we need to run the ball more

I get upset with others for glossing over there earlier opinions and acting as though this was finally a good game from Rodgers, as though other games weren't, when we average 4 to 5 dropped passes a game
I thought you said we did have success on first down yesterday? Now you say we had poor runs on first down?

We didn't pass against loaded boxes yesterday. We specifically ran at them and had success.

Rodgers didn't have a good first 9 games. It isn't anything miraculous or unfathomable. Aaron Rodgers simply played up to his potential. Again receivers, offensive line, and QB can all have bad games at the same time and it is what we saw a lot the first 9 games.

No one is glossing over anything, you are simply not accepting the reality of the what has been going on the last 2 months. Aaron Rodgers has not been playing well. The offensive line was a sieve. The receivers were bad. LaFleur wasn't calling good games at all. Gutekunst left us in a precarious situation at receiver. Nothing about what happened last night means those things were not true. What you should have seen in the win against the Cowboys is a team improving, a team finding it's identity, and a team that is playing with some confidence. This includes the coach and QB. No one is acting, the latter finally did have a good game, a very good game. And yes, other games were not, regardless of the number of drops by receivers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

He had a good game. That doesn't retroactively make all his previous games good lol.

That's like saying, oh, yesterday proved Christian Watson has been fine this year but Rodgers just didn't throw to him enough so he was unable to perform. It's a ridiculous statement.

If anything, it proved that drops and inexperience at WR is not an insurmountable obstacle. Watson still had a lot of bad drops and ran a bad route on one of the missed deep shots.

The difference is Rodgers didn't quit like all the other times and just play the blame game in his post-game presser, probably because losing to McCarthy would have hurt his legacy (we can't have that).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Labrev wrote:
14 Nov 2022 14:54
probably because losing to McCarthy would have hurt his legacy (we can't have that).
Ok, let's not go that far... ;)

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:48
Realist wrote:
Pugger wrote:

well that would be Barry, Savage was considered one of the best DB's in the league the last half of the 2020 season when he was used more as the slot corner. then Berry took over and moved him back to FS, he's better closer to the LOS.
As long as he doesn't ever play safety again I will let the " considered one of best dbs in 2020" nonsense slide. You can't hide Savage. I agree he is less egregious in the slot.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Realist wrote:
14 Nov 2022 20:05
Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 13:48
Realist wrote:

As long as he doesn't ever play safety again I will let the " considered one of best dbs in 2020" nonsense slide. You can't hide Savage. I agree he is less egregious in the slot.
It's hardly nonsense, and if you weren't so lazy you can go look it up, Savage had 10 pd's in the last 6 games of 2020, he was as good in that span as any DB in the league, thats why there was so much talk of making him the Star player in Berry's defense, which seems like a better fit for him then FS

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Nov 2022 14:42
So WRs and Oline can miraculously get better overnight but Rodgers never sees any variation in his play.

do you even bother to think before typing, you obviously aren't stupid, why play that part, a OL can obviously fluctuate week to week depending on starters, often receivers go from having the dropsies to not dropping any one game to the next.

you and others here think Rodgers went from MVP to terrible in one off season, for 9 games and then all of a sudden got back to being a MVP QB again, that is so unrealistic, specially when we see receivers run the wrong routes, drop passes a HS kid could catch.

as Kurt Warner said, the receivers continuously screw up, the offense is chaos, when the receivers screw up the QB looks bad, that doesn't mean the QB is playing bad.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Poor QB, WR, and OL play can all happen at the same time and it did. Simple as that.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

You are not being honest with yourself. There have been games this year when AR has not been accurate. Even Rodgers would admit to us some of his passes were pretty crappy. I can think of several that were way too low and a couple that hit D linemen in the helmet. He played well on Sunday but so did his receivers. Football is the ultimate team sport. As you know, everybody has to do their job for the team to successful.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
15 Nov 2022 06:07
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

You are not being honest with yourself. There have been games this year when AR has not been accurate. Even Rodgers would admit to us some of his passes were pretty crappy. I can think of several that were way too low and a couple that hit D linemen in the helmet. He played well on Sunday but so did his receivers. Football is the ultimate team sport. As you know, everybody has to do their job for the team to successful.
I've said several times during these last 2 months that Rodgers threw some tough to catch passes, but in that time frame it was obvious that protection and receivers where the main drivers for our offensive problems, for most of this time frame the OL has changed personal every game, some times 2 or 3 changes a game, we have to be closing in on a team record for dropped passes, yet for these 2 months all we hear here is Rodgers sucks, replace him with Love.

also Pugger on shallow crossing routes the QB throws through windows, it's the OL job to provide those windows, the bonk off the DT's helmet was do to Runyan not sealing off the window, il advised pass? maybe , but we can't blame Rodgers for trying when not much else was working.

this has been just like losing a PO game where Rodgers play was easily good enough to win, yet other isssues ( terrible ST's, dropped passes, stupid mistakes) where the actual culprit for those losses, yet Rodgers gets the majority of the blame, same with this season, Rodgers can't over come the poor play of others.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Nov 2022 23:19
go pak go wrote:

do you even bother to think before typing, you obviously aren't stupid, why play that part, a OL can obviously fluctuate week to week depending on starters, often receivers go from having the dropsies to not dropping any one game to the next. quarterbacks can go from being in the game, making proper decisions and throwing accurate balls to seeing ghosts, being indecisive and not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door. Quarterback play fluctuates all the time.

I finished it for you.

You say it literally yourself ALL THE TIME. Rodgers ain't perfect. Unless you actually try and specifically identify his imperfection. Then it's everyone else's fault. :lol: :roll:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2022 06:41
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

do you even bother to think before typing, you obviously aren't stupid, why play that part, a OL can obviously fluctuate week to week depending on starters, often receivers go from having the dropsies to not dropping any one game to the next. quarterbacks can go from being in the game, making proper decisions and throwing accurate balls to seeing ghosts, being indecisive and not being able to hit the broad side of a barn door. Quarterback play fluctuates all the time.

I finished it for you.

You say it literally yourself ALL THE TIME. Rodgers ain't perfect. Unless you actually try and specifically identify his imperfection. Then it's everyone else's fault. :lol: :roll:
Rodgers has been closer to perfect then almost every QB I've ever seen, I think the QB's your describing are either young, or have always dealt with accuracy issues, it's been rare for AR to throw a pass Adams couldn't catch, what we just saw for 2 months is Aaron not knowing how much to lead a receiver, not knowing where the receiver will be and simply throwing to a spot the receiver is suppose to be at, you'd need every finger and toe and all of mine to count up all the screw ups these receivers have made, so when you cretic everything Rodgers has done wrong it pales compared to the lousy OL blocking and this rag tag bunch of receivers Rodgers has had to play with.

I know, you hate Rodgers, and are trying to defend the grocery shopper ( Gutekunst) :lol: :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Nov 2022 06:57
go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2022 06:41
Yoop wrote:

I finished it for you.

Rodgers has been closer to perfect then almost every QB I've ever seen, I think the QB's your describing are either young, or have always dealt with accuracy issues, it's been rare for AR to throw a pass Adams couldn't catch, what we just saw for 2 months is Aaron not knowing how much to lead a receiver, not knowing where the receiver will be and simply throwing to a spot the receiver is suppose to be at, you'd need every finger and toe and all of mine to count up all the screw ups these receivers have made, so when you cretic everything Rodgers has done wrong it pales compared to the lousy OL blocking and this rag tag bunch of receivers Rodgers has had to play with.

I know, you hate Rodgers, and are trying to defend the grocery shopper ( Gutekunst) :lol: :lol:
I've creticed the offensive line when they were terrible. I had many posts pointing out the Oline is the single largest problem of the Green Bay Packers when this forum was flipping out about the offense.

However, the offensive line by and large has been playing good ball since the Washington game. The Oline's low point was the Jets game and it has been pointing up since then.

Our WRs have been very poor. The injuries has absolutely decimated that group. Sammy Watkins cannot be in our major lineup if we actually want to go somewhere. We also never had any weapon threat. Doubs tried but wasn't to the level necessary to make defenses respect it.

That being said Rodgers was also a poor leader, poor passer and poor decision maker. Detroit was his low point. Not only was the Lions game his worst game of his career, I would garner it to be one of the worst QB performances this year period.

All can be true and all are true. When your analysis of a player is contingent on what their COVID vaccine card says, I apologize if my view of your credibility is low.
Yoop wrote: