Official Prediction Thread: Trade Package/Compensation from Jets

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:41
JKB wrote:
16 Mar 2023 09:34
Drj820 wrote:
15 Mar 2023 15:19
All eyes on Gutey now
All eyes are on Murphy! There fixed it for you
nice to read your comments again JKB, hope all is well :aok:

not sure what Rodgers truly thinks of Murphy, Gute and Lafleur, but I'am glad he said he holds no resentment, just that times change, and it's different from the group that where running the show when he was drafted.
Aaron Rodgers specifically called out by name every person in the Packers organization he is thankful for from cafeteria people to groundskeeprs. He also said numerous times about "those who were there when they drafted him" including Sam Seele and the Packers aren't the same group of people when he started. He also intentionally never mentioned BG or Murphy. BG was absolutely a scout when they drafted Rodgers. Murphy was absolutely President when was the starter.

Oh. And Rodgers also went on and on about Harlan (for good reason) but never mentioned Murphy outside of when Pat brought up Murphy's comments.

I think we all know how Rodgers feels about them.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 16:36
Yoop wrote:
JKB wrote:

not sure what Rodgers truly thinks of Murphy, Gute and Lafleur, but I'am glad he said he holds no resentment, just that times change, and it's different from the group that where running the show when he was drafted.
Aaron Rodgers specifically called out by name every person in the Packers organization he is thankful for from cafeteria people to groundskeeprs. He also said numerous times about "those who were there when they drafted him" including Sam Seele and the Packers aren't the same group of people when he started. He also intentionally never mentioned BG or Murphy. BG was absolutely a scout when they drafted Rodgers. Murphy was absolutely President when was the starter.

Oh. And Rodgers also went on and on about Harlan (for good reason) but never mentioned Murphy outside of when Pat brought up Murphy's comments.

And Rodgers never mentioned any players at all in that profusion praise. As he went, he also barely mentioned any coaches, and certainly not MLF or Clements.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

He calling out people that never get a mention but are noticed and important to him anyway.

Everyone knows Gute, Murphy, MLF, McCarthy etc the players

However I think Rodgers likely hates the confidence guys like Murphy and Gute have, given Rodgers would feel like he is the one carrying them.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Mar 2023 16:36
Yoop wrote:
JKB wrote:

I was being kind, I thought it showed class and Smarts to not openly show his dislike for Murphy or Gute.

my sense is that Murphy plays the good cop and Guty plays the bad, I doubt very much that Rodgers respects either person very much, Murphy paid him in 2018 to go along with whatever they did, and Guty drafted his replacement versus getting him help on offense, why would he like either one, your right, he omitted mentioning either because as he said they where not open about wanting him to leave or retire, and instead played the passive and then aggressive way of speaking to him, mixed messaging, or simply no messaging has been there mo in the past.
know one seems to have a answer for Murphys mega buck deal in 2018, which with the help of hind sight now seems like shut up money, or really Gutes drafting of the 3 stooges a year later, or the Love pick, or the mega deal a year ago, we seem like a paddle boat without the paddles and the wind blowing us back and forth in the water