Round 3 - Tucker Kraft

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

[mention]go pak go[/mention] is not alone in his Goedert-Kraft opinions

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

his mom is kinda cute :oops:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Labrev wrote:
02 May 2023 22:33

The women around him and LVN at their draft parties...

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2023 23:20
Labrev wrote:

Yeah, but those roots...

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
03 May 2023 07:48
wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2023 23:20
Labrev wrote:

Yeah, but those roots...
No root problems with any of them. :beer2:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
04 May 2023 13:09
This reminds me of the podcast I heard in which a guy observed that in terms of both hometown and college town, Kraft might be the only guy who could get drafted by the Packers and be excited about moving to the big city

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Kraft fits the GB culture like a glove but if you haven't really warmed to him this story on how he grew up should seal it for you. I'll be cheering for #85 this season for sure.

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sports/f ... bay-packer

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2023 14:34
BF004 wrote:
This reminds me of the podcast I heard in which a guy observed that in terms of both hometown and college town, Kraft might be the only guy who could get drafted by the Packers and be excited about moving to the big city
Seriously. Just so everyone is aware...

Timber Lake is 500 people, but it's more than that.

Timber Lake is 131 miles from Pierre, SD (population of 14,000)
Timber Lake is 141 miles from Aberdeen, SD (population of 28,000)
Timber Lake is 195 miles from Rapid City, SD (population of 76,000)

People who grow up in western SD are just built different. Super resilient. Super humble and yet tough as absolute nails. You literally have nothing around you. You have no stores. You barely have Internet.

But what you have is great roots, wide open spaces and the hardest work ethic you will find. My old accounting firm in the Twin Cities (MN) made it a recruiting strategy to find "more of me's". What they meant was they needed to find more Dakota people who grew up on farms because our build and background are just different and it shows in our unrelentless work ethic and content. We aren't drama people. We may have colorful personalities but we aren't drama creators.

Tucker Kraft is an absolute gem of a draft pick.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 14:25
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2023 14:34
BF004 wrote:
Seriously. Just so everyone is aware...

Timber Lake is 500 people, but it's more than that.

Timber Lake is 131 miles from Pierre, SD (population of 14,000)
Timber Lake is 141 miles from Aberdeen, SD (population of 28,000)
Timber Lake is 195 miles from Rapid City, SD (population of 76,000)

People who grow up in western SD are just built different. Super resilient. Super humble and yet tough as absolute nails. You literally have nothing around you. You have no stores. You barely have Internet.

But what you have is great roots, wide open spaces and the hardest work ethic you will find. My old accounting firm in the Twin Cities (MN) made it a recruiting strategy to find "more of me's". What they meant was they needed to find more Dakota people who grew up on farms because our build and background are just different and it shows in our unrelentless work ethic and content. We aren't drama people. We may have colorful personalities but we aren't drama creators.

Tucker Kraft is an absolute gem of a draft pick.
funny, I thought it was just Yoopers that everyone wanted to hire :lol: actually I've heard basically the same thing in every rural area I've spent time in, I've also lived in high pop suburbs, lots and lots of hard working people there too.

one thing I know, if ya grow up in a family where a hard work ethic is taught from a young age it tends to stick with you all your life, if not then someone has to convince you that it is the way to prosperity, or what you get is a bunch of people with there hand out stretched waiting for the free lunch, and we sure have plenty of those now days, even in rural America.

the local McDonalds here has had a help wanted sign in the window for a long time, there paying 12.50 to start and up to 14 buck in 1 year, and they can't get people to take those jobs, and I'd bet it's the same in S Dakota, and all over the rest of rural America, there is a epidemic of free loaders in the country because us parents made sure they have it better then we did, the pendulum has obviously swung to far.
true, farm kids start work young, but ya don't need to grow up on a farm to have a job early teens, whats changed is we don't see Kids mowing lawns these days, or doing paper routes, or really much of anything, we have a epidemic of Arthur Fonzarelli's who revolt at the mere mention of the word WORK :thwap: :lol:

when it comes to Kraft, I just don't think we see many NFL recruits minus a work ethic, it's just to hard to make it to the pro game without one.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think what people don't understand about western SD is just how far away everything is. Rural areas in MN, WI, MI etc. still have some decent small towns every 15 to 20 miles. Yoop even mentioned "local McDonald's"

Tucker Kraft's closest McDonalds is 130 miles away. Like there is rural and then there is absolutely nothing but open space. Notice even the roads in Timber Lake are gravel. You are just a different person when you can only get groceries from a legit grocery store once a month.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

According to the article that [mention]wizard 87[/mention] posted (good read btw, thanks for sharing), he was playing 9-man football in HS.

So yeah, "small town" does not quite cover the extent of it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 16:39
I think what people don't understand about western SD is just how far away everything is. Rural areas in MN, WI, MI etc. still have some decent small towns every 15 to 20 miles. Yoop even mentioned "local McDonald's"

Tucker Kraft's closest McDonalds is 130 miles away. Like there is rural and then there is absolutely nothing but open space. Notice even the roads in Timber Lake are gravel. You are just a different person when you can only get groceries from a legit grocery store once a month.
I lived in Aberdeen for a year. Nice town, good people. How people in WI were thirty or forty years ago. It had everything you needed. Two grocery stores. Target (small). Walmart. Car dealerships. Big time tractor dealers. Runnings. Tractor Supply. A nice downtown with a movie theater. I would go back to SD in a decade or two once my parents pass if the opportunity arose. You are right about the open space. You just can't imagine it until you experience it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
06 May 2023 17:01
According to the article that @wizard 87 posted (good read btw, thanks for sharing), he was playing 9-man football in HS.

Yeah 9 man football is basically the norm here in South Dakota. Our schools just don't have the student population to support an 11-man squad. So we remove the tackles on offense and boom...9 man football.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 May 2023 17:27
go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 16:39

I lived in Aberdeen for a year. Nice town, good people. How people in WI were thirty or forty years ago. It had everything you needed. Two grocery stores. Target (small). Walmart. Car dealerships. Big time tractor dealers. Runnings. Tractor Supply. A nice downtown with a movie theater. I would go back to SD in a decade or two once my parents pass if the opportunity arose. You are right about the open space. You just can't imagine it until you experience it.
Aberdeen is our state's 3rd largest city and it doesn't even have 30,000 people. :lol: But yeah I like Aberdeen too. As a reference point, our 3rd largest city is the same size as Neenah, West Bend and Manitowoc.

Sioux Falls and Rapid City are really starting to grow. Sioux Falls especially. Becoming a lot more diverse. It's got its good and bad. I think overall growth is a great thing. But I do hope we don't become a half million population center because as you said...it changes things

I lived in Minneapolis and Cincinnati for 6 years but my wife and I got to come back home. We are so happy to be back. We absolutely love South Dakota. Loved the Cities and Cincy too. But home is home.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2023 19:50
Labrev wrote:
According to the article that @wizard 87 posted (good read btw, thanks for sharing), he was playing 9-man football in HS.

Yeah 9 man football is basically the norm here in South Dakota. Our schools just don't have the student population to support an 11-man squad. So we remove the tackles on offense and boom...9 man football.
Since you replied, I now want to weigh in. 9 man football is much more prevalent than we think. WI went from a handful to 36 teams in 5 years.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 May 2023 20:42
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Since you replied, I now want to weigh in. 9 man football is much more prevalent than we think. WI went from a handful to 36 teams in 5 years.
WI plays 8 man.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
06 May 2023 22:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 May 2023 20:42
go pak go wrote:

WI plays 8 man.
Yes, typo. Thank you
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."