2023 Training Camp - 8/1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

TJ Slaton battled weight issues in college - he's looking pretty svelte in this pic.

IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
01 Aug 2023 16:13
TJ Slaton battled weight issues in college - he's looking pretty svelte in this pic.

Most specifically because that is Chris Slayton and not TJ Slaton.

;)

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Madcity_matt wrote:
01 Aug 2023 11:36
Sean Rhyan being a man after his wasted rookie season would be phenomenal.
Saying it was wasted is just unrealistic. Did you expect him to come in and start at OG when he was a college LT? I love a good bashing of &%$@ players and awful management, which they are, but its way too soon to be judgmental of the Rhyan pick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Ill just say defense looked very good last year in camp and it was because the offense was doo doo water. I wont get hyped up until they are week 3 against the Saints. If they arent 2-0 by then I will be concerned.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

'Sounds like Myers is very much on the hot-seat now; Tom could very plausibly start at C for us this year.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
02 Aug 2023 08:24
'Sounds like Myers is very much on the hot-seat now; Tom could very plausibly start at C for us this year.
It’s definitely least preferred, imo. But I’ve been saying this offseason Myers was the worst of Yosh, JRJ and Tom last year.

JRJ seemingly the only one starting for sure. Tom starting to look quite likely too. Might be between the difference of Myers Tom or Tom Yosh.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I wish we had creed humphries
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 08:35
Labrev wrote:
02 Aug 2023 08:24
It’s definitely least preferred, imo. But I’ve been saying this offseason Myers was the worst of Yosh, JRJ and Tom last year.

JRJ seemingly the only one starting for sure. Tom starting to look quite likely too. Might be between the difference of Myers Tom or Tom Yosh.
Tom versatility really lights a fire under Myers and Nijman, Toms is going to start somewhere and both those guys know it..

really makes ya wonder what Guty saw in Myers over that other center who became a excellent pick, he was rated higher then Myers from just about every draft sight I looked at.

ahh Creed Humphrys thanks DRJ :beer2:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
Definitely a little frustrating to spend 9 picks on OL ‘20-‘22 and essentially only have Tom and JRJ you can rely on.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
02 Aug 2023 08:45
Drj820 wrote:
Definitely a little frustrating to spend 9 picks on OL ‘20-‘22 and essentially only have Tom and JRJ you can rely on.
2020 draft got very minimum value for this team. 2021 now also starting to look very bad. On top of all the bad contracts the team has had over the past few years I would hope fans start to really see how poorly a job Gutenbumst has done.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:
01 Aug 2023 13:36
Anders Carlson isn't giving off warm and fuzzy vibes.
I expect growing pains with Carlson as well. He seems to have a pretty strong leg though.
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 Aug 2023 15:21
From the tweets, it seems like most of the misses have been from the left hash, yes?
I believe that means he has missed most of his kicks wide left.
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Aug 2023 18:35
Saying it was wasted is just unrealistic. Did you expect him to come in and start at OG when he was a college LT? I love a good bashing of &%$@ players and awful management, which they are, but its way too soon to be judgmental of the Rhyan pick.
I definitely consider a third round pick not playing a single snap on offense and getting suspended six games for using an anabolic agent as a wasted season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

CWIMM wrote:
03 Aug 2023 03:53
go pak go wrote:
I expect growing pains with Carlson as well. He seems to have a pretty strong leg though.
The problem with growing pains on a rookie kicker is if he is 6 for 12 midway through the season and we have lost 3 games because of it....the growing pains are worthless because he simply gets cut.

Right now his success rate is bad enough to simply getting cut. I believe this happened to MN a couple years ago in their rookie kicker.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Aug 2023 09:47
CWIMM wrote:
go pak go wrote:
The problem with growing pains on a rookie kicker is if he is 6 for 12 midway through the season and we have lost 3 games because of it....the growing pains are worthless because he simply gets cut.

Right now his success rate is bad enough to simply getting cut. I believe this happened to MN a couple years ago in their rookie kicker.
no way we are cutting Carlson after 4 days of camp when we've used several different holders and long snappers, geesh.

and if he's missing from the left hash it also doesn't mean the kicks are missing left as CUMMI said, Crosby missed from the left hash to the right right simply because the ball didn't draw left as it normally did for him.

Carlson will get more time, maybe we'll bring in another kicker, but he sure isn't going to get cut.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
Right now his success rate is bad enough to simply getting cut.
Rich Bisaccia feels otherwise.
I'm nominating you as the guy to go into Rich's office and tell him he's wrong about Carlson.

Good luck
IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

CWIMM wrote:
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 Aug 2023 15:21
From the tweets, it seems like most of the misses have been from the left hash, yes?
I believe that means he has missed most of his kicks wide left.
I'm trying to recall the tweets now, but I think most that mentioned direction said wide right

Someone will correct me if I'm remembering wrong :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
CWIMM wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Wasn't it Carlson's brother, Daniel...? I know he had early struggles.

Yep, it was. Just looked. Since MN dumped him his rookie year after a 1 out of 4 FG start, he's since gone on to hit 90% of his FG attempts and has over 95% success on his XP attempts. Has been 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro last two years.

He seems to have turned out alright after some refinement. You could argue MN gave up too quick on him, much like you're advocating for the younger brother.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
03 Aug 2023 10:38
go pak go wrote:
CWIMM wrote:

Wasn't it Carlson's brother, Daniel...? I know he had early struggles.

Yep, it was. Just looked. Since MN dumped him his rookie year after a 1 out of 4 FG start, he's since gone on to hit 90% of his FG attempts and has over 95% success on his XP attempts. Has been 1st or 2nd Team All-Pro last two years.

He seems to have turned out alright after some refinement. You could argue MN gave up too quick on him, much like you're advocating for the younger brother.
I'm generally in the more patient crowd so I'm okay waiting.

But usually teams don't wait. We did for Crosby and it brought up and down success.

But I can imagine this forum if we lose 3 close games and the guy is 6 for 12 to start the season.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:

I don't believe the Packers will come close enough in most games for the kicker to lose it. Even if he does, I expect them to be patient with the young players as the team won't get anywhere close to making the playoffs anyway.
Yoop wrote:
03 Aug 2023 10:20
and if he's missing from the left hash it also doesn't mean the kicks are missing left as CUMMI said, Crosby missed from the left hash to the right right simply because the ball didn't draw left as it normally did for him.
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
03 Aug 2023 10:28
I'm trying to recall the tweets now, but I think most that mentioned direction said wide right

Someone will correct me if I'm remembering wrong :lol:
My bad, I misinterpreted some of the Xs I read about Carlson's misses. Actually I have no information on which hash the ball was placed or on which side he missed most of his kicks.