Here’s Johnny - Week 1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cdragon wrote:
11 Sep 2023 08:25
Yoop wrote:
11 Sep 2023 08:00
I wish there was a choice of just pass rush as we do OL, because that performance from the group of rushers was impressive to say the least, so I'll send my vote to Brooks, I doubt anyone expected him to get a sack on Fields.

26 pressures x 17 = 442, Barry has job security for years if we accomplished that.
Brooks was so far under the radar nobody picked him Yoop. Give it another shot. :munch:
I didn't even look :thwap: I'd go with Love, except I expected him to play just as well as he did last night, really, also expected Wyatt to raise havoc, same with Jones, to me him having less then a buck a game is abnormal for him, same for OL

so many worthy players, but most are players I expected to excel, so it comes down to Carlson for me this week, he delivered all night, scratch that I just saw a vid of Wyatts strip and fumble, I change my vote for Salmar and Wyatt. :aok:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wyatt
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Sep 2023 07:54
Apologies for the vote counters, but i REVOKE MY VOTE FOR OLINE

and I CAST my vote for WYATT. That dude dominated. A guy who disappeared most of his rookie year that we needed to step up. Just saw some cutups of his play in the post game thread. He killed it.
I was just coming back to this thread to do the very same. Wyatt's play yesterday fits the definition and intent of this contest to a T.

Rescind Jones; Wyatt for me.

Side note: so did Carlson's play vs expectations but, unfortunately, nobody selected him...at least within the timeline of pre-game selection. Nice try, though, [mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah. I take away my Aaron Jones vote and cast Wyatt. He was honestly just as impactful on defense and controlling drives as Jones was on offense.

And it is a lot harder for a 2nd year Dlineman to do that than a top level veteran RB
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

During the last quarter I was thinking who I would pick, and I had a clear favorite in my mind. This player, based off of what we saw last season, and this preseason, really played above where I thought he would. That player is:

Wyatt

I maybe go Quay 2nd. Aaron Jones played exactly how I expected. Love did better in rating and TDs than i expected, but he was below expectations on completion percentage. O-line was above in pass blocking but had some lapses in run blocking <cough> Myers <cough>. My pick Reed had 3 drops to go with his two big catches and punt return.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Sep 2023 02:21
Quay Walker. That was a fantastic run after the pick
I hope he is gonna be alright.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »