Week 3 Post-Game: Packers 18 Saints 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:57
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:51
under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.
You sure that was the turning point you think it is?
4152F8D4-CCB1-47B0-AF69-1BF3442672A6.jpeg

Bro says “credit where it’s due” and proceeds to give no credit.

Enjoy your whining. We’ll keep celebrating
They get credit for taking advantage of the opportunity that was presented to them. Considering no points were scored with Winston at QB and 17 were scored with Carr as QB I would say that was the turning point.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:12
They get credit for taking advantage of the opportunity that was presented to them. Considering no points were scored with Winston at QB and 17 were scored with Carr as QB I would say that was the turning point.
Yeah Carr returned that punt so beautifully.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.
Yes, we are so fortunate their middling QB got hurt while they have an equally talented middling backup qb.

Under no circumstances is this game close if Jaire, Bak, Jenkins, Watson or Jones plays. You know, like 5 of our best maybe 7 players.

That was fun. Any more hypotheticals we can have fun with that mean nothing to the W and L column?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And since it isn’t being mentioned, Valentine had to leave the game and Ballentine was getting picked on pretty good.

Could you imagine if we had Jaire or Stokes or Valentine. Saints were so fortunate.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Left the bar a few plays into the third quarter. I was driving from Texas to Nebraska and had about 8 hours to go and had enough up to that point. I bought Packers radio app and listened on the way up so I didn’t get a chance to see but I heard it.

Credit where it’s due for a great comeback. From what I saw this team was &%$@ and under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.

Love was very bad prior to the 4th quarter. At some point he needs to get some consistency from play to play. Completing less than 60% game in and game out isn’t going to work especially when he’s about to get paid.
The Packers had injuries up the wazoo, both inactive and in-game…and you’re gonna use injuries as an excuse for the Saints?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bro, try harder.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Left the bar a few plays into the third quarter. I was driving from Texas to Nebraska and had about 8 hours to go and had enough up to that point. I bought Packers radio app and listened on the way up so I didn’t get a chance to see but I heard it.

Credit where it’s due for a great comeback. From what I saw this team was &%$@ and under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.

Love was very bad prior to the 4th quarter. At some point he needs to get some consistency from play to play. Completing less than 60% game in and game out isn’t going to work especially when he’s about to get paid.
Injuries?…injuries?…want to talk injuries…

Ala Jim Mora

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Such an embarrassingly weak beta thing to say for such a self anointed alpha.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is not an exhaustive list of mistakes today.

But worth a thought.

False start - Royce Newman, backup
Botched throwback on a trick play - Emaunel Wilson, rookie, RB3
Holding - Jayden Reed, rookie
Illegal Formation - Rasheed Walker, backup
False start - Luke Musgrave, rookie
Offensive PI - Samoure Toure, backup (WR5?6?)

Like I said, there were a lot more than this. Personal Foul on Kenny Clark. Pre-snaps on Runyan and Tom. But it's really overwhelming to me how many of our errors came from rookies or guys we wouldn't expect on the field. We're a truly young team.

That said, we need to clean it up. And the coaches need to emphasize the pre-snaps especially.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:12
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:57
lupedafiasco wrote:
You sure that was the turning point you think it is?
4152F8D4-CCB1-47B0-AF69-1BF3442672A6.jpeg

Bro says “credit where it’s due” and proceeds to give no credit.

Enjoy your whining. We’ll keep celebrating
Carr returned a punt to the house?

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:33
Curious what the group here thought of the decision to go for 2 pt conversion down 17-9?

Gotta say, I was a bit taken aback by that call. The traditional call is to kick the XP. Worked out pretty good, though, gotta say!
I am a little more old school, I think like you, just been around the NFL for so long that it seemed super weird. From what I have read/seen/heard, it sounds like it was the statistical best decision. Definitely seemed weird, though.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So fortunate

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
From what I saw this team was &%$@ and under no circumstance do they win if Carr doesn’t get hurt. We are very fortunate that happened.
I think the Saints were very fortunate that Aaron Jones, David Bak, Elgton Jenkins, Jaire Alexander, D'Vondre Cambpell, Carrington Valtentine, Erik Stokes, Zach Tom, and Christian Watson were out. Oh and Rashan Gary being on a pitch count.

I by no means feel bad for the Saints and Carr. I also think Winston was just as good as Carr.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:36
So fortunate

We should also add Preston Smith’s cap hit to the total. Pretty sure he didn’t show today, either. I don’t think I heard his name announced all day.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
So fortunate

There were zero players on offense on a 2nd contract. Only Preston Smith, Kenny Clark and Rasul Douglas were on a 2nd contract with GB. Oh and Savage on a 5th year option.
Last edited by go pak go on 24 Sep 2023 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:21
And since it isn’t being mentioned, Valentine had to leave the game and Ballentine was getting picked on pretty good.

Could you imagine if we had Jaire or Stokes or Valentine. Saints were so fortunate.
Quite literally the only movement the Saints had was throwing to Olave against Ballentine. And honestly even those weren't easy.

Like I can't say Ballentine played bad. That one Olave catch near half was absolutely sick.
Yoop wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 19:57
BF004 wrote:
So fortunate
We should also add Preston Smith’s cap hit to the total. Pretty sure he didn’t show today, either. I don’t think I heard his name announced all day.
Preston got one positive mention that I recall. I can't remember what it was for though
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Really disappointed with the grounds crew and equipment staff. We were slipping too much for a home game.

I thought Love was late on a lot of throws or hung them up. But he kept plugging away and launching the ball to guys who finally came through. Used his wheels just enough.

The D had pressure all day! Gary was a monster.

No reason to talk about Anders any more.

Great win we could have blown them out if the trickery was clean and Love hit Musgrave.

Team showed up and fought all the way!

Let's crush Detroit with Jones, Watson, and Bahk! :beer2:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Listening to MLFs press conference, I'm not sure Love's completion percentage is all on him. Seems this young kids are making a lot of timing mistakes. He specifically mentioned them not going in motion properly or at the right time.

Going to be fun watching this offense develop and seeing Love get in sync with the WRs and TEs.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I don’t want to take away from what our young QB did to bring this team back, but he has a lot to do with his completion percentage. I can think of at least 4 balls where he put it and allowed the defense to make a play.

Completions became incompletions. 2 on the same drive. He was low and short on a few. He’ll get better, but he has work to do yet.