Bakh To IR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 09:49
Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2023 15:30
This is on Gute for redoing his deal and basically making him unmovable this year.
When Gute extended him (not the restructure?) it was before his knee injury. Bak was considered one of the best LTs in the league and had no injury history. Tackles like him don't grow on trees and other top tackles his age are getting paid big bucks too. This development sucks.
I think calling him a cancer is to extreme, your right the extension was the season prior to the original ACL, then he had the infection, I don't think enough has been said about that, a infection can have long term affects, it can destroy cartilage weaken tendons, and could possibly be the root cause of what David is dealing with now.

either way Bakhtiari is on record to have hopes of a HOF induction, he came right out and said that right after the surgery almost 3 years ago, and it doesn't sound as though he's given up on that, the hopes are this next scoping will clean up more of what I'am pretty sure is scare tissue from the prior surgeries, and he'll be a go later this or next season, we really have nothing to lose waiting on that.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Apparently the continued issue with Bakh's surgically repaired knee is not the ACL, it's the cartilage, or lack thereof.

From what I've read and listened to, the scope done this past week was to clean up some scar and spur issues. The next surgery, scheduled to occur before the new year, is going to be an attempt to rebuild/replace the damaged and deteriorated cartilage around the joint. There are ways to do that both artificially and through borrowing of ligament tissue from other parts of the body, reforming it, and inserting it into the spaces formally occupied by the original cartilage.

I had a similar surgery performed on my wrist about two years ago. They removed a bone and accompanying damaged cartilage that had become quite painful from within the joint and replaced it with a section of ligament cut from my forearm, sewn to mimic the shape of the original bone/cartilage mass, and surgically reattached into the same space. Once I rehabbed and regained mobility/flexibility, the resultant daily joint pain and swelling has been greatly diminished. It's not like new, but it's a ton better than what it was. And it's a permanent fix.

The procedure scheduled for Bakh isn't entirely the same but the principle holds. Hopefully he realizes some of the same benefit I did and he returns to the field in 2024 ready to get after it once again.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s about image and perception. If you haven’t contributed in two years, don’t say we are rebuilding when everyone else is trying to be positive toward the new qb. Don’t ride on tricked out golf carts and ham it up all camp while your team is hard at work. Go to the weight room and do some rehab excercises. Don’t chirp about turf and then sit out next game on turf.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 11:23
It’s about image and perception. If you haven’t contributed in two years, don’t say we are rebuilding when everyone else is trying to be positive toward the new qb. Don’t ride on tricked out golf carts and ham it up all camp while your team is hard at work. Go to the weight room and do some rehab excercises. Don’t chirp about turf and then sit out next game on turf.
I suspect if he was playing and effective you wouldn't be grousing about him in this thread.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 11:53
Drj820 wrote:
I suspect if he was playing and effective you wouldn't be grousing about him in this thread.
correct.

If you contribute, I want you to chirp.

If you dont contribute, i prefer you to shut up.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 11:54
Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
correct.

The problem here is he has no control over whether he can contribute or not. If he was dogging it and playing like crap then I agree, he shouldn't chirp. Did you ever consider the idea he may be unhappy his knee is not getting better?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 12:02
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

correct.

The problem here is he has no control over whether he can contribute or not. If he was dogging it and playing like crap then I agree, he shouldn't chirp. Did you ever consider the idea he may be unhappy his knee is not getting better?
i am sure he isnt happy. But he looked happy while running around on the golf cart. Perception is reality. I like my non performing, overpaid athletes to keep quiet.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
awe, I didn't know about the super tricked or soup'd up gold cart stuff, I'll have to reconsider :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I am calling for the arrest of one David Bakhtiari on charges of grand theft, and grand larceny for stealing from the Green Bay Packer Org, of which I am an owner.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 12:06
Pugger wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

correct.

i am sure he isnt happy. But he looked happy while running around on the golf cart. Perception is reality. I like my non performing, overpaid athletes to keep quiet.
When was this?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Sep 2023 17:05
I am calling for the arrest of one David Bakhtiari on charges of grand theft, and grand larceny for stealing from the Green Bay Packer Org, of which I am an owner.
So a player who signs an extension but gets hurt and can't play is grand larceny? You are directing your ire in the wrong direction. As a fellow team owner I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself here.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 23:52
Drj820 wrote:
Pugger wrote:

When was this?

Having the time of his life

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Sep 2023 00:02
Pugger wrote:
29 Sep 2023 23:52
Drj820 wrote:

When was this?

Having the time of his life
OMG! A guy on IR was riding on a golf cart with his buddy and teammate and having fun. Oh the horror! :roll:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

hot pink and all, thats a damn nice golf cart :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
30 Sep 2023 06:42
And it even has beer cooler!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 07:17
Yoop wrote:
30 Sep 2023 06:42
And it even has beer cooler!
absolutely have to have a beer cooler get the taste buds conditioned for the serious drinking when we get to the 19th hole :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Thanks for just blowing your own “cancer” narrative all to hell.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:11
I like my guys on IR in the rehab room, not distracting the qb or horsing around while other players are fighting for their jobs and battling at camp trying to win a Super Bowl.

Training camp is the time to end the vacation mindset and the time to lock in for the wars ahead.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:34
APB wrote:
I like my guys on IR in the rehab room, not distracting the qb or horsing around while other players are fighting for their jobs and battling at camp trying to win a Super Bowl.

Training camp is the time to end the vacation mindset and the time to lock in for the wars ahead.
Ok fine.

Still blows your cancer narrative to hell.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:43
Drj820 wrote:
30 Sep 2023 08:34
APB wrote:

Ok fine.

Still blows your cancer narrative to hell.
No?

Buddy buddy with 12 while forsaking others is a problem in and of itself, but the cancer narrative started after 12 left.