Vikings at Packers GDT: Sunday Oct 29th, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

packman114 wrote:
27 Oct 2023 09:02
Side note: Stenovich said yesterday that Myers is playing the best football of his career this year. What is his PFF ranking and why doesn't it seem that way to the naked eye? His other comments also led me to believe there may be a change on the OL this week. Maybe Walker out for Yosh. Sure hope it's not Newman for Runyan!
Stenovich is full of it! Myers is playing the same as he did last year: Bad to barely adequate.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

In other news, everyone on the 53 practiced. So that's good news.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
27 Oct 2023 13:07
In other news, everyone on the 53 practiced. So that's good news.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
just can't fathom how Myers rank 5th. :idn: he has a over all grade of 56.4, just saying if that's the case the whole league needs improvement at the position. :thwap:

Gary has played well though, same with Douglas, glad some players are giving it all.

Lupe made a very valid point, how do ya chose Myers over Humphrey, or Watson over Pickens, or even Musgrave over Laporta? obviously the draft is a crap shoot and players fit one scheme better then others, but Humphrey is night and day better

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2023 22:22
Any given Sunday. Look at who has beaten who each week. I'm with backthepack, no expectations. Hoping to see improvement.
Yup. I hope they win but I have my doubts. And if they lose I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. This is the season where they take their lumps and mature together as a unit. For me I want to see us not commit stupid penalties and the offense to move the ball. I'd like to see Love look like a NFL QB. I want to see the defense make a few stops. If they do this and still lose cie la vie.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Where's Here's Johnny this week?

I wanna take Reed #11 but I can't find Johnny.

:thwap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2023 14:58
paco wrote:
just can't fathom how Myers rank 5th. :idn: he has a over all grade of 56.4, just saying if that's the case the whole league needs improvement at the position. :thwap:

Gary has played well though, same with Douglas, glad some players are giving it all.

Lupe made a very valid point, how do ya chose Myers over Humphrey, or Watson over Pickens, or even Musgrave over Laporta? obviously the draft is a crap shoot and players fit one scheme better then others, but Humphrey is night and day better
LaPorta was gone when we took Musgrave.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
27 Oct 2023 22:19
Yoop wrote:
27 Oct 2023 14:58
paco wrote:

LaPorta was gone when we took Musgrave.
your right, KIncaid, Laporta, Musgrave, I also think Detroit features Laporta more then either us or Buffalo has with Kincaid and Musgrave, that could change and I think has with Buffalo, and if Musgrave is healthy could happen with us more to.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Good morning Lambeau!

IMG_7805.jpeg
IMG_7805.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 343 times
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Bogey wrote:
29 Oct 2023 06:33
Good morning Lambeau!

IMG_7805.jpeg
Going to be a lot of purple in stands today.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
29 Oct 2023 09:06
Bogey wrote:
29 Oct 2023 06:33
Good morning Lambeau!

IMG_7805.jpeg
Going to be a lot of purple in stands today.
always is.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

According to NBC Sports, Jaire is out, again, as is Campbell. :bkw:
Packers declared CB Jaire Alexander, LB De’Vondre Campbell, S Zayne Anderson, WR Malik Heath, and OT Caleb Jones inactive for Week 8 against the Vikings.
Edit: it appears NBC doesn't have a clue. Packers.com is showing Jaire and Campbell both active.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Packer Inactives:

18 WR Malik Heath
22 CB Robert Rochell
39 S Zayne Anderson
57 LB Brenton Cox Jr.
72 T Caleb Jones

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So is Jaire gonna shadow Jordan Addison today, much like he would Jefferson? Or does his back injury keep him limited to one side along with limited snaps?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Oct 2023 10:47
According to NBC Sports, Jaire is out, again, as is Campbell. :bkw:
Packers declared CB Jaire Alexander, LB De’Vondre Campbell, S Zayne Anderson, WR Malik Heath, and OT Caleb Jones inactive for Week 8 against the Vikings.
Edit: it appears NBC doesn't have a clue. Packers.com is showing Jaire and Campbell both active.
who can ya believe, we'll know who's playing when we see them on the field, one day a guy is playing, the next he isn't, next day maybe, keeping Vegas in limbo

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If this team is going to do anything this year they gotta win this one. If they drop a game at home to rival and already on a losing streak I think you’ll see players start to quit in the team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 11:47
If this team is going to do anything this year they gotta win this one. If they drop a game at home to rival and already on a losing streak I think you’ll see players start to quit in the team.
Yes, last two weeks guess I was still softly expecting wins, but both games felt pretty off all week.

This one feels better, expecting a win. Let’s see if that 004 intuition has any merit,

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 11:47
Depends how it happens. But if more of the same, I agree. Already a bit of chirping from the D.

But that's not going to happen. Let's make this a laugher!
RIP JustJeff