Week 13 Post Game: Packers 27 Chiefs 19

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I just have to postulate on the end of game officiating that it seems to matter WHO the player is whether or not they get the call. Fair or not, MVS has some stink on him from a few weeks back and plenty more during his time with the Packers. As an official, it has to, at least, go through your head, "he wouldn't have caught it anyway". Clear DPI, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't surprised MVS got snubbed on that, no more than Mahomes getting the benefit of the doubt on the sideline play.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Dec 2023 07:40
I don't think Watson will ever be a true #1 because I don't think his route running is ever going to be that good. But I always thought he could absolutely have a role with the right WR group because he is such a threat. I think we have that group. Doubs is a fantastic #4. Wicks is your great long-term best route runner and Reed is your electric slot.

This WR room could rival the 2009 - 2012 group.

And it might even be better. :shock:
wha? believe me when I say, babies don't drop from the womb with route running skills, it is a learned trait :rotf: I see no reason why Watson can't become Jordy Nelson good at running routes, in fact he does seem a quick study, shows to have pretty good hands, he 's just more fragile then Jordy ever seemed to be, another off season in training protocol, gain a few more lbs of muscle could go a long way to curbing the dings and bruises.

Reed is so polished, we have the best opportunity to have a 1A 1B, even 1C situation at WR, it's the deepest the position has looked in many years, deeper then 09 with GJ and Driver, 014 with Nelson and Cobb, I can't think of a time with this much depth in the last 20 years,, everyone of of Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs, and even Musgrave is capable of a 1000 yrd season imo.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2023 08:49
go pak go wrote:
I don't think Watson will ever be a true #1 because I don't think his route running is ever going to be that good. But I always thought he could absolutely have a role with the right WR group because he is such a threat. I think we have that group. Doubs is a fantastic #4. Wicks is your great long-term best route runner and Reed is your electric slot.

wha? believe me when I say, babies don't drop from the womb with route running skills, it is a learned trait :rotf: I see no reason why Watson can't become Jordy Nelson good at running routes, in fact he does seem a quick study, shows to have pretty good hands, he 's just more fragile then Jordy ever seemed to be, another off season in training protocol, gain a few more lbs of muscle could go a long way to curbing the dings and bruises.

Reed is so polished, we have the best opportunity to have a 1A 1B, even 1C situation at WR, it's the deepest the position has looked in many years, deeper then 09 with GJ and Driver, 014 with Nelson and Cobb, I can't think of a time with this much depth in the last 20 years,, everyone of of Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs, and even Musgrave is capable of a 1000 yrd season imo.
Driver, Jennings, Jordy, Jones, Cobb and Finley in 10/11 was pretty crazy, and definitely better on the 'established/veteran' front.

This group has a ways to go to be compared to them. But let's hope!

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 08:03
I thought it was perfectly thrown as well. Collingsworth tried to lump it with the Doubs reception, that it was a lucky throw.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 08:03
This was a dot. Put it only where his guy could climb for it. Credit to Watson too for skying and keeping his feet in and control to the ground.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Lets not forget about Heath. He seems to have some nice moves after the catch. We have 5 good young WRs. It will be fun to see which ones take their game to next level. Do we have any stats on Love under center vs shotgun or pistol? It seems to me like he is deadly with play-action from under center.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Lol. When successful, low investment in pass catchers is suddenly OK. And TEs only count as pass catchers when they happen to be great at it.

Gutey has not invested any more at pass catching than before. Some project 2nd round WRs, "wasting picks" on TEs who you are on record thinking "TEs never contribute as rookies, some later round fliers on WRs who were likely to be stooges part 2. Nothing on the FA front.

We have so little invested in pass catchers, that by all rights, our receiving corps should suck real bad. Our highest paid receiver earns $2,310,258 per year.

The only difference is hitting on the picks.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:23
Lets not forget about Heath. He seems to have some nice moves after the catch. We have 5 good young WRs. It will be fun to see which ones take their game to next level. Do we have any stats on Love under center vs shotgun or pistol? It seems to me like he is deadly with play-action from under center.
Jordan Love has also stated how much more comfortable he is under center which is a marked difference from Rodgers who largely prefered shotgun.

Doing PA under center is no easy task as you are forced to put your back to the defense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Guys, is Corey Ballentine a starter-quality corner in this league? I don't see him ever get beat badly.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:27
Guys, is Corey Ballentine a starter-quality corner in this league? I don't see him ever get beat badly.
I don't know. I keep reminding myself of Ladarius Gunter and how much we loved him as a #4 CB but hated him as a #1 CB.

That being said, the dude has played well for a month now. Detroit was his largest challenge and he held up well. I love how physical he is in the run game and screen game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:25
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Lol. When successful, low investment in pass catchers is suddenly OK. And TEs only count as pass catchers when they happen to be great at it.

Gutey has not invested any more at pass catching than before. Some project 2nd round WRs, "wasting picks" on TEs who you are on record thinking "TEs never contribute as rookies, some later round fliers on WRs who were likely to be stooges part 2. Nothing on the FA front.

We have so little invested in pass catchers, that by all rights, our receiving corps should suck real bad. Our highest paid receiver earns $2,310,258 per year.

The only difference is hitting on the picks.
till 2022 we hadn't spent a 2nd round pick on a WR since 2014 with Adams, in the last 2 drafts Guty spent three 2nd rounders on receivers :thwap: nice try, that we hit on 2 5th rounders is simply frosting on what has been a rebuild of the receiver positions, and yes Salmar TE's are receivers.

and everyone excluding Driver and prior to Adams where also on rookie contracts :nono:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
04 Dec 2023 09:27
I think the system helps him. People hate it but Barry’s system
Keeps everything in front so you don’t see guys getting beat down the field much and they rack up tackles.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Orlovsky weighs in:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Boy, had this throw fallen incomplete, we'd have all been "JUST THROW IT TO DILLON YOU IDIOT!!"

...but it didn't. :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
04 Dec 2023 06:50
Labrev wrote:
04 Dec 2023 06:40
I won't hear anything about refs giving us the win. We were the better team last night, plain and simple. That's why KC themselves weren't even that mad about it.

Chiefs needed 8 to tie and then maybe win.
That's the thing being overlooked by media and twitter experts. The Packers outplayed the defending champs by a significant margin last night.

The Packers were up 8 points with just over a minute to play before any of the dubious officiating took it's toll. And if we're gonna complain about officiating, let's complain about ALL the dubious officiating on that final drive to include the BS late hit call, the BS clock stoppage after forward momentum had been stopped, and the lack of 10 second runoff after the fumble overturn (runner was down inbounds thus the overturn required 10 sec runoff).

Sure, the interference call should have been made. But that was just one of several - most going against the Packers - that were blown. I don't wanna hear it.
The interwebs agrees with me...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
04 Dec 2023 10:41
yep, sorta puts the cabash on the QB on rookie contract thing, In the last few games Love made himself a rich man :)

I feel happy to have stuck up for Love, even though I didn't like picking him at that time, still don't feel he has a rocket arm, or is as gifted as some other prospects, but he is doing everything at a high enough level for me to think he's our QB for a long time and will do very well at it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Boom!