POST GAME: WildCard at Dallas WIN

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Great win for America’s team. :packers: :usa:
GO PACK GO!!!

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:48
mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:46
go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:32
I think the learning lesson is you don't put in your backup quarterback after the opposing team just put up 8 points.
The move came even before that - those 8 points were scored with many of the defensive starters already out. Maybe always wait until the last 6 minutes?
We won by 16. I don’t think anything went wrong or taught lessons.
But, but... I was mildly uncomfortable in the middle of the 4th quarter.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My point is that we got to a point in the game where mistakes or decisions or poor play were costless. There is maybe a 0.1% chance of failure at that point, so any analysis or emotional investment in what was going on strikes me as strange.

I was having a GREAT time relishing in our amazing performance the whole fourth quarter. Treating the game as if it was or could slip away was incredibly unrealistic.

You play to win the game.

They had the game won and they acted accordingly. I watched them win and I celebrated accordingly.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I had a problem with putting Jones back in. No reason to.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:10
I think what impressed me most today is the Cowboys started STRONG. They obliterated our Oline to start but Jordan Love survived the downs and kept the chains moving on his own until the Oline started opening up holes.

That first drive was just so impressive by Jordan Love
That was my initial thoughts. They came out and controlled the LOS but Love kept killing them and then when we kept working the ball on the ground Jones wore them out.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

We scored so many points, even the usual ref eff ups didn’t matter. Annoying, but overcome by awesome play. :clap:
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:48
mnkcarp wrote:
go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:32
I think the learning lesson is you don't put in your backup quarterback after the opposing team just put up 8 points.
The move came even before that - those 8 points were scored with many of the defensive starters already out. Maybe always wait until the last 6 minutes?
We won by 16. I don’t think anything went wrong or taught lessons.
To be fair LaFleur did.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:03
We scored so many points, even the usual ref eff ups didn’t matter. Annoying, but overcome by awesome play. :clap:
It had the feel of, "Let's keep Dallas in this so people keep watching." Our offense had other plans though!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m getting 2010 vibes. I was so sure we were going to be the Cowboys today. I didn’t think there was a chance we would lose.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:01
go pak go wrote:
I think what impressed me most today is the Cowboys started STRONG. They obliterated our Oline to start but Jordan Love survived the downs and kept the chains moving on his own until the Oline started opening up holes.

That was my initial thoughts. They came out and controlled the LOS but Love kept killing them and then when we kept working the ball on the ground Jones wore them out.
Jones didn't wear them out. The oline opened up huge holes literally on like the 4th play. The Oline got their footing fast.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That Love had to come back in and Tucker Kraft dropped that last pass pushing Love out of perfect pisses me off more than it should...

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

All of this without Jayden Reed. Saving him for the Niners, I guess. ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:06
I’m getting 2010 vibes. I was so sure we were going to be the Cowboys today. I didn’t think there was a chance we would lose.
I too was quite confident about today. I am much less confident vs the 49ers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:10
That Love had to come back in and Tucker Kraft dropped that last pass pushing Love out of perfect pisses me off more than it should...
This is the only post game gripe I recognize :lol:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:11
All of this without Jayden Reed. Saving him for the Niners, I guess. ;)
They were so worried about Reed, they let Doubs run hog wild :clap:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jan 2024 19:07
48 points is tied for most in a playoff game in franchise history!
Should have been 49. But when I criticized Carlson last week I was told he is the second coming by many on the board.
Is that so? Please point out these “many” posters who responded with anything close to this.

I swear, some of you are incapable of enjoying even the biggest of wins.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I can’t believe Savage had a pick six in s playoff blowout. How great.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:20
I can’t believe Savage had a pick six in s playoff blowout. How great.
He was hitting today too!

He was fun to watch. Everyone was except Campbell.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jan 2024 20:01
go pak go wrote:

Demarcus Lawrence just owned Rasheed Walker that first drive.

Don’t recall ever seeing him after that.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m with [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] on this 4th quarter “comeback” attempt. I never once fretted we’d lose once we went up 48-24. It was extended garbage time and nothing more. Did MLF mistakenly put mass substitutions in too early? Maybe. But I never once feared there was enough time for a comeback outside extremely extraordinary circumstances. I won’t let that nonsense stop me from enjoying a great victory, though!