Rank the Roster 2024: #27

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 13 Jun 2024 20:00

AJ Dillon
7%
TJ Slaton
14%
Kingsley Enagbare
7%
MarShawn Lloyd
25%
Karl Brooks
25%
Sean Rhyan
18%
Colby Wooden
4%
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes
Evan Williams
No votes
Andre Dillard
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Jacob Monk
No votes
Kitan Oladapo
No votes
Travis Glover
No votes
Tyler Davis
No votes
Malik Heath
No votes
Anthony Johnson Jr
No votes
Eric Wilson
No votes

Total votes: 28

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:03
Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:01
and he'll be nose to freaking nose with the center..
seriously now do you actually think nfl DC's pay strict attention to that chart, just because you do as a HS coach doesn't mean they do, your well read 23, good for you.
Slaton might be, but it won't be in a 4 man front.

Yes, in numbering techniques we know NFL DCs adhere to this naming convention. We hear it all the time in their pressers.
no, you don't hear that either, we hear more about individual usage, such as we put clark over here, or Slaton in zero tech, and that kind of thing, no one(that I can think of) does any one thing strictly, they use a over or under hybrid, they use strong to one side or the other, and just because a nose lines up off shoulder does not mean he is single gapping.
The bold and underlined above is exactly what I am talking about. NFL DCs definitely use this technique naming convention.

I never said any DC did strictly 1 thing. I also didn't say because a NT lines up in a 1 they are only single gapping.

What I said, again, is that in a 4 man front you will never see a 0. If you have a 0, it is much more schematically sound to play a 5 man front.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 11:54
That said, from the same article: "Slaton playing more one-technique should give the likes of Clark, Wyatt and Brooks more opportunities to get up field and disrupt as three-techniques."
I think Slaton looks to benefit the most from this transition.
I think I hinted that with Skeptic :idn:

0 tech or 0i ( not on chart) can both be 2 gapping, when looking at interior DL the shading can confuse, for instance the nt can shade the center and still be two gapping both A gaps, or can flat out rush the passer, individuality has to be considered, a brute like ol Gilbert can drive that center right back into the QB or certainly close the angles the QB would try and escape through.

that chart is just a simplification of terms for alignments, it's not the holy grail for goodness sakes, we've both seem alignments with one guy left or right of center and 3 or 4 all over on the other side, I doubt that made your alignment chart either :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:29
that chart is just a simplification of terms for alignments, it's not the holy grail for goodness sakes, we've both seem alignments with one guy left or right of center and 3 or 4 all over on the other side, I doubt that made your alignment chart either :rotf:
It is a technique naming convention that is accepted across the NFL and most football programs in the nation...The chart isn't telling us where players lineup in what defenses, it's only naming the techniques...

0i isn't a thing and shading and technique is not confusing if one accepts what almost everyone else in football accepts.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:16
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:03

Slaton might be, but it won't be in a 4 man front.

Yes, in numbering techniques we know NFL DCs adhere to this naming convention. We hear it all the time in their pressers.
no, you don't hear that either, we hear more about individual usage, such as we put clark over here, or Slaton in zero tech, and that kind of thing, no one(that I can think of) does any one thing strictly, they use a over or under hybrid, they use strong to one side or the other, and just because a nose lines up off shoulder does not mean he is single gapping.
The bold and underlined above is exactly what I am talking about. NFL DCs definitely use this technique naming convention.

I never said any DC did strictly 1 thing. I also didn't say because a NT lines up in a 1 they are only single gapping.

What I said, again, is that in a 4 man front you will never see a 0. If you have a 0, it is much more schematically sound to play a 5 man front.
the confusion is the 4 man front part, and we certainly do see DL head up on the center in it, why you keep pining it it to a 4-3 front is confusing, if I led you to believe that, then my bad.

even though we called our base a 3-4 we almost never lined up in that base, I expect it'll be the same with Hafley, sure we'll call it a 4-3 base, but imo well use some style of hybrid mostly, and someone will be in a 0 or 0i.

and heres my reasoning, having a DT up on the center or shading helps the lber stay clean, necessary when you want to single gap the others.

and I say this because that is what I see from most teams, they two gap the A gaps

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think it was Peter Buttkowski that said on a podcast that Slaton was the 2nd highest graded NT on PFF to Dexter Lawrence. Granted noit many teams use a NT anymore but that counts for something.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the confusion is the 4 man front part, and we certainly do see DL head up on the center in it, why you keep pining it it to a 4-3 front is confusing, if I led you to believe that, then my bad.
These are your exact words: "a 40 front does not eliminate the NT, in a 40 front typically you'll have at least 1 in a 2 gap set, meaning head up on the center." And as I said you don't see a 0 technique in a 4 man front.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:41
I think it was Peter Buttkowski that said on a podcast that Slaton was the 2nd highest graded NT on PFF to Dexter Lawrence. Granted noit many teams use a NT anymore but that counts for something.
yep there are less NT these days, took this argument for me to realize that, more and more 4-3 front, wonder if that doesn't have something to do with less and less 340lb prospects, rather then the smaller DT's as the preferred approach, whatever, the eye test speaks well for Slaton, the guy is a handful to block, holds his ground well, sheds blocks and makes tackles

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:44
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

These are your exact words: "a 40 front does not eliminate the NT, in a 40 front typically you'll have at least 1 in a 2 gap set, meaning head up on the center." And as I said you don't see a 0 technique in a 4 man front.
why do you keep saying you don't see a 0 tech in a 4 man front? seriously go watch any game we played last year and then come and tell me that?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:56
Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Jun 2024 12:44
Yoop wrote:

why do you keep saying you don't see a 0 tech in a 4 man front? seriously go watch any game we played last year and then come and tell me that?
I watched every game and I am telling you that.