Here's Johnny!! (Raiding empty U.S. Bank for funsies) MIN Wk1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This isn't even close.

If Rodgers plays like today for the rest of the year, we have as good a shot as any years he's been in the league.

Aaron Rodgers.

If MVS didn't drop his two balls....MVS would have gotten my vote. Except I couldn't vote for him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers. I am beyond stoked at how he looked today. We haven’t seen that in a long time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The only people that should be in consideration is Rodgers, Adams, and Alexander.

I think I’m going to take Alexander because he got us going with the safety and then clutching a huge pick before the half.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I have to go with Adams for tying a franchise record for most receptions in a game with 14.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Tie a franchise record and you get my vote: Davante Adams. He's clearly been practicing distancing, those CBs didn't get close.

AR was great, I could've also gone with Alexander. ILB Krys Barnes was the most Papa surprise, but no one picked him.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

It is the studs that made this game, Rodgers, Davante, Jaire. And yes, Jaire is a stud.

My vote goes to Rodgers. He is on a mission, drafting Love could have been the best thing for us. Davante is a close 2nd, but when Rodgers plays like that, we win, simply hands down. 364/4TD's/0INT's and laser accuracy, dude was insane. His deep balls were incredible and without the drops his numbers would have been even better. It is hard for me to give Rodgers this award, but this game did it for me since everyone was writing him off.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I never wrote Rodgers off

actually this is what Rodgers has been asking for for going on 4 years, people became upset with him due to scheme complacency and the lack of talent provided for those schemes to work, last year we saw him struggle in a new offensive scheme, and part of that was due to lack of talent and experience within it, when your RB is your second best receiving option then obviously WR talent is a issue, imo that has been the biggest issue for 5 or so years.

so glad to see this evolution to a offense that seems to fit the talent better and Rodgers is again able to exploit defenses with them.

this is the normal Rodgers, what we have seen in the resent past has not been, sure we can put some of the blame on Rodgers for that, but he was just part of the main problem, stale schemes, and lack of talent

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm gunna go Rodgers, he was perfect and we all know how high the bar it set for him t win this.

Adams dropped a TD, MVS dropped some big ones, Rodgers could have had 500+ and 5 TD's easy, if not even 6 TD's.

Tae was ungaurdable, but he did drop that TD early, Rodgers literally didn't make a mistake.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:11

actually this is what Rodgers has been asking for for going on 4 years, people became upset with him due to scheme complacency and the lack of talent provided for those schemes to work, last year we saw him struggle in a new offensive scheme, and part of that was due to lack of talent and experience within it, when your RB is your second best receiving option then obviously WR talent is a issue, imo that has been the biggest issue for 5 or so years.

so glad to see this evolution to a offense that seems to fit the talent better and Rodgers is again able to exploit defenses with them.

this is the normal Rodgers, what we have seen in the resent past has not been, sure we can put some of the blame on Rodgers for that, but he was just part of the main problem, stale schemes, and lack of talent
So are you attributing the success to MLF then?

Because the talent on offense is the exact same for the exception of Deguara and AJ Dillon.

I mean we got basically three variables here right?

1. Rodgers
2. System
3. Talent around him

So per your post, Rodgers has always been the same. Always will be.
The talent hasn't really changed at all on offense since 2017. I mean this offense personnel-wise is like the exact same offense in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

So are you attributing all the success to MLF for being the Rodgers savior? I've been super curious how this would get explained when Rodgers kicked a$$ on Sunday. Because I knew he would.

My theory is it's a combination of all 3 and most importantly buy in and play from Aaron Rodgers. He was awesome.
Last edited by go pak go on 14 Sep 2020 11:29, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:13
I'm gunna go Rodgers, he was perfect and we all know how high the bar it set for him t win this.

Adams dropped a TD, MVS dropped some big ones, Rodgers could have had 500+ and 5 TD's easy, if not even 6 TD's.

Tae was ungaurdable, but he did drop that TD early, Rodgers literally didn't make a mistake.
Nope. He didn't.

I think this was low key a top 3 to top 5 performance in Aaron Rodgers's career.
Yoop wrote:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

So close for me with Jaire, Davante and Aaron.

Tie-breakers:
1. Davante dropped a TD. Demerit. He catches that, he breaks Hutson's catch record and Aaron has 5 TDs instead of 4 and the game is probably never even close.
2. Jaire allowed the 4Q TD to Thielen. Leaves Vikings with a prayer -- not much of a prayer, but still ... Demerit
3. Aaron was close to perfect.

Tie-breaker goes to Aaron.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:19
Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:11

So are you attributing the success to MLF then?

Because the talent on offense is the exact same for the exception of Deguara and AJ Dillon.

I mean we got basically four variables here right?

1. Rodgers
2. System
3. Talent

So per your post, Rodgers has always been the same. Always will be.
The talent hasn't really changed at all on offense since 2017. I mean this offense personnel-wise is like the exact same offense in 2018, 2019 and 2020.

So are you attributing all the success to MLF for being the Rodgers savior? I've been super curious how this would get explained when Rodgers kicked a$$ on Sunday. Because I knew he would.

My theory is it's a combination of all 3 and most importantly buy in and play from Aaron Rodgers. He was awesome.
Mike McCarthy's famous remark should be one you remember

"Every year is a new team" you just fail to grasp how true that statement is, doesn't matter if all the names are the same, no one plays identically the same year after year, players improve or decline seemingly over night so to speak, we saw leaps from Scantling (Curly) even though he dropped a couple, we saw Erving emerge as our 2nd best RB, and we saw improvements with short yardage routes as the game progressed, in what way to you did this look like last years team?

buy in and play from Rodgers, as though he did not last year, surely the depth of that faith may have increased, but Rodgers was raving about the potential this offensive change could produce over a year ago, as I said he had asked for this stuff years and years ago, obviously you hadn't taken that to be true or simply paid no attention to it, but I did, and even mentioned it on occasion.

thing is Rodgers has never been given the title of coach, Rodgers did the McCarthy scheme the best he was able to even minus the talent for them to succeed, Rodgers decline the last few years coincided with both the decline in WR talent and the complacency of McCarthy to adjust the offense.
these short on schedule pass routes require exact timing, last year we had only a few that could be used with the faith that the receiver would be at the pitch point, yesterday we saw the struggles with that early on in the red zone, as the game progressed that timing stuff improved.

year in and year out nothing is exactly the same.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:53

"Every year is a new team" you just fail to grasp how true that statement is, doesn't matter if all the names are the same, no one plays identically the same year after year, players improve or decline seemingly over night so to speak
Except Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
Except Aaron Rodgers.

I think I got you figured out.

Aaron Rodgers. God. Can't ever do any wrong. Always best. If team wins it's because the talent around him finally elevated their play. If team loses it's because team around him sucks.

Mercy.

I just can't understand how you can't think Rodgers can go up and down in play either. Because what we saw yesterday was simply outstanding.

What I just always get confused about on your rants is you always use hindsight vision on your analysis and the hindsight vision is ALWAYS to support your theory that Rodgers is awesome. Always awesome.

For instance, you say we have had poor WRs for 5 years. I say...5 years? In that stretch we had Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams for the majority of the time.

You say, yeah but Nelson wasn't the same player. Cobb was injured and even when he played he wasn't the same. Adams was still growing. And it's like this condemnation on the front office that they should have been prepared for all these scenarios years prior to this decline (even though they were just in the peak of their 2nd contract)

So even though the names are the same, we can't expect consistent play from the same names. And when we don't see offensive prowess...it is always because the scheme is stale or same WRs stink on that particular day or is not running the route that they need to run on that particular play.

But the constant is always Rodgers is awesome. That's what doesn't make sense to me. Because what I watched yesterday was not the same Aaron Rodgers I have been watching the last few years.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Sep 2020 12:14
Yoop wrote:

"Every year is a new team" you just fail to grasp how true that statement is, doesn't matter if all the names are the same, no one plays identically the same year after year, players improve or decline seemingly over night so to speak
Except Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
Except Aaron Rodgers.

I think I got you figured out.

Aaron Rodgers. God. Can't ever do any wrong. Always best. If team wins it's because the talent around him finally elevated their play. If team loses it's because team around him sucks.

Mercy.

I just can't understand how you can't think Rodgers can go up and down in play either. Because what we saw yesterday was simply outstanding.

What I just always get confused about on your rants is you always use hindsight vision on your analysis and the hindsight vision is ALWAYS to support your theory that Rodgers is awesome. Always awesome.

For instance, you say we have had poor WRs for 5 years. I say...5 years? In that stretch we had Jones, Nelson, Cobb, Adams for the majority of the time.

You say, yeah but Nelson wasn't the same player. Cobb was injured and even when he played he wasn't the same. Adams was still growing. And it's like this condemnation on the front office that they should have been prepared for all these scenarios years prior to this decline (even though they were just in the peak of their 2nd contract)

So even though the names are the same, we can't expect consistent play from the same names. And when we don't see offensive prowess...it is always because the scheme is stale or same WRs stink on that particular day or is not running the route that they need to run on that particular play.

But the constant is always Rodgers is awesome. That's what doesn't make sense to me. Because what I watched yesterday was not the same Aaron Rodgers I have been watching the last few years.
what changes did you see?
never said Rodgers was blameless, or that he didn't decline as his receiver core did, certainly it was a simultaneous set of circumstances, talent makes surrounding talent better, heck we all know that, your trying to divide these reality's, and there not so separate as your making them out to be, also just because those once talented studs where on the roster doesn't mean they where always on the field, and when there not healthy route timing changes, just try hitting a moving target when it doesn't move at the same speed, this stuff looks easy when everyone is a 100% to us fans, though it really isn't
Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen play the spread vertical scheme, once everyone started blaming him for this declining receiver corp I had to defend him cause he was not the catalist for our offensive problems, scheme and receivers where,

the rest of your rant is just a bunch of innuendo stuff I've said in the past, a collaberation of opinions that anyone forms when trying to figure out whats wrong,tongue twisters, I said what I said and meant it, you want to blame Rodgers for Ted and MCarthy's short comings and I wont buy it, is that clear enough for you.

pack power
Reactions:

Post by pack power »

I will go with Adams for this being an exceptional game even for him as already mentioned: "I have to go with Adams for tying a franchise record for most receptions in a game with 14"

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 13:45

Oh my goodness so simple.

1. The ball got out. The ball got out fast.
2. He did his progressions and if he didn't like what he saw...he dumped it to the halfback. Usually it would generate at least some yards. Other times Williams or Jones was able to make a move to generate more yards.
3. Because he got the ball out, we didn't have many negative plays or 0 gain plays. His completion % to start the game was awesome but his yards per pass wasn't...who cares? It was awesome because we would then be set up with 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4...not 3rd and 9 which is what has destroyed this team the past few years.
4. His accuracy was pin point. I don't think he threw one bad pass. And I'm not even kidding. He was LASER. Move aside Tim Boyle laser show. I feel he was accurate because his feet were sounds and his progressions were good. Just like they were early in his career. It also is because his WRs were where they needed to be.
5. He did all this all the while still being the Aaron we love by making defenses pay oh so dearly when the play breaks. A specific example was that first TD pass to Adams. I mean what can an opponent do? Or the TD to Lazard.
6. Body language. He looked like he was having fun. I saw him give a huge to MVS on the sidline. I heard him compliment every offensive player on his roster. He is a leader right now and he is elevating his teammates play.

He was simply brilliant.

No. What I saw yesterday was incredible. It was different and it was consistent. Offense is a lot about opportunities. When we take what is given....we get more opportunities. And when you get 70+ plays a game, that means our offenses has a lot of chances at scoring which is pretty lethal with the talent we have on that group.

And we have always had talent on that offense. And we are now seeing it gel and being used to their strengths and it is really cool to watch.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Sep 2020 15:01
Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 13:45

Oh my goodness so simple.

1. The ball got out. The ball got out fast.
2. He did his progressions and if he didn't like what he saw...he dumped it to the halfback. Usually it would generate at least some yards. Other times Williams or Jones was able to make a move to generate more yards.
3. Because he got the ball out, we didn't have many negative plays or 0 gain plays. His completion % to start the game was awesome but his yards per pass wasn't...who cares? It was awesome because we would then be set up with 3rd and 5 or 3rd and 4...not 3rd and 9 which is what has destroyed this team the past few years.
4. His accuracy was pin point. I don't think he threw one bad pass. And I'm not even kidding. He was LASER. Move aside Tim Boyle laser show. I feel he was accurate because his feet were sounds and his progressions were good. Just like they were early in his career. It also is because his WRs were where they needed to be.
5. He did all this all the while still being the Aaron we love by making defenses pay oh so dearly when the play breaks. A specific example was that first TD pass to Adams. I mean what can an opponent do? Or the TD to Lazard.
6. Body language. He looked like he was having fun. I saw him give a huge to MVS on the sidline. I heard him compliment every offensive player on his roster. He is a leader right now and he is elevating his teammates play.

He was simply brilliant.

No. What I saw yesterday was incredible. It was different and it was consistent. Offense is a lot about opportunities. When we take what is given....we get more opportunities. And when you get 70+ plays a game, that means our offenses has a lot of chances at scoring which is pretty lethal with the talent we have on that group.

And we have always had talent on that offense. And we are now seeing it gel and being used to their strengths and it is really cool to watch.
so then you think I should where my prescription glasses during these games :idn:

Aaron could have been doing this stuff for years, my point was it isn't Rodgers so much thats changed, it's all these other things you mentioned, sure, obviously Aaron seems to have put more into this off season then he has in a few years, but complacency grows when a person is not challenged, and McCarthy's old schemes, coupled with stagnation at receiver, poor run game, all of that limits the desire to push yourself, ya even at the pro level this is true.

no we have not always had talent on this offense, at least not on the field and surely not at RB, you keep going back to these generalities, minus Lacy and Jones we went years not being able to run, sure some can be blamed on McCarthy, but thats besides the point, defenses can pin it and rush and play deep coverage shells when they know your almost always going to pass, add in a couple less then healthy WR's and the coverages are easier, yet we blame Rodgers for extending the play, or not dumping it off short.

sounds easy, but it's old dog, new trick stuff, not so easy to just change that up after you've become HOF bound doing it the other way, Rodgers has won more games demanding and willing a win practically on his own, pulling victory out of the clutches of defeat, and according to you it should have been easier cause this offense was loaded with talent, ehhh, you win the homer of the week contest no doubt :clap:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Going with ARod. Passed Favre for the most 4TD games on the all time list. Came out with no pre-season and was looking like 2011. Could have had a lot more if guys had hung on. Going to be a great year.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:13
Rodgers literally didn't make a mistake.
With their lack of discipline and execution regarding the play clock, are you putting that all on MLF? If it is a shared responsibility, then Rodgers was definitely not perfect and has, at least, one glaring issue to get corrected going forward.

Read More. Post Less.