Free agency - signings and news around the league

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Apr 2020 09:16
Yoop wrote:
02 Apr 2020 06:19
texas wrote:
02 Apr 2020 00:16

idk, we got plenty of good WRs from like 2007-2014
just saying there are at least a few teams, including ours that are in need of better #2 and 3 receivers.

so much of what Sanders can do is scheme dependent, so how he fits in certain schemes can raise or lower his value, we need a turn key slot type player, and that seems to be his fit, but he came with a pretty high price tag, for the record I would have chosen Funchess at the cheaper rate because he also fits in Lafluers big and tall plan, if Funchess gets his game together he could become a steal at 2.5 mil.
Funny.

So can Allen Lazard. :)

really, funny that Funchess was a high pick, yet it took the threats from Rodgers for Lazard to even see the field, now it's to soon to tell which has the higher ceiling, but my money is on Fuchess.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Anyone else see that Aldon Smith is back and is a Cowboy? Interesting.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 Apr 2020 09:28
really, funny that Funchess was a high pick, yet it took the threats from Rodgers for Lazard to even see the field, now it's to soon to tell which has the higher ceiling, but my money is on Fuchess.
I still think they are similar bodies yet will play very different roles. I said right after the signing that, to me, this is more of a Jimmy Graham replacement than anything else. Without calling him a TE or Graham a WR, I think there roles will be similar except that Funchess will not be used inline.

I think Funchess isn't going to make his living in the middle of the field while Lazard is more of a sideline WR.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
02 Apr 2020 10:27
Anyone else see that Aldon Smith is back and is a Cowboy? Interesting.
hahaha, woah, talk about slipping the news in under the outbreak media radar