Jaguars @ Packers 11/15/20 Nooner GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kind of weird seeing players we know on the field again.

I like this team is starting to get healthy. Now stay that way.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2020 07:37
So we could be looking at both King and Alexander out this week.

I am guessing they will give Jaw every second to clear protocol, but Jackson and Holman is a real possibility.
What happened to Sullivan? I thought group think had him above Jackson around here, or our #3, now this Holman/ Jackson talk? :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
12 Nov 2020 16:56
go pak go wrote:

I am guessing they will give Jaw every second to clear protocol, but Jackson and Holman is a real possibility.
What happened to Sullivan? I thought group think had him above Jackson around here, or our #3, now this Holman/ Jackson talk? :idn:
I think Sully is basically always our slot and since we pretty much always play with a slot DB, I consider him a full time starter regardless.

We did play a lot of heavier personnel vs Minnesota and in that game, Jaw and Jackson got 45 snaps but Sully only got 13 snaps. Maybe Sully plays ahead of Hollman. Who knows. Probably the better route, but this team really likes it seems to keep Sully as our inside guy only.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
12 Nov 2020 17:08
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I think Sully is basically always our slot and since we pretty much always play with a slot DB, I consider him a full time starter regardless.

We did play a lot of heavier personnel vs Minnesota and in that game, Jaw and Jackson got 45 snaps but Sully only got 13 snaps. Maybe Sully plays ahead of Hollman. Who knows. Probably the better route, but this team really likes it seems to keep Sully as our inside guy only.
When Jaire first went out, Sullivan got the first reps on the outside, not Hollman. I think it switched at some point, but would doubt they both get reps.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
13 Nov 2020 08:09
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

When Jaire first went out, Sullivan got the first reps on the outside, not Hollman. I think it switched at some point, but would doubt they both get reps.
Interesting. I think I saw #29 play in the 2nd quarter. I thought Hollman had a rough game. He got bailed out on a number of times because of very poor throws. Jackson in my mind is clearly ahead of Hollman.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
13 Nov 2020 08:09
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Holman is probably faster ( I havn't checked) I would expect Sully to have matchup problems with speed receivers, he run a high 4.5 fourty, and probably why the coaches like him more in the slot or in zone coverages, someone said he runs faster then he times which to me means he's quicker then fast and when you watch his combine drills it shows, he has nice back peddle and flips the hips well, skills needed in the slot and zone coverage.

either way imo this is the best our CB group has looked in a few years.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So Kenny Clark and Mike Pettine are both saying Clark has been getting double teamed a lot lately and it is frustrating Clark.

This is a good thing as maybe we are starting to get the Clark we know and love back. But it also means that if there are essentially 2 hats on Clark, it means our 2 OLBs and other two linemen/LB's are one on one.

Someone needs to step up. Whether it be Z. P. Montravious. Keke.

These are the guys we need to have step up starting this Sunday.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
13 Nov 2020 09:41
So Kenny Clark and Mike Pettine are both saying Clark has been getting double teamed a lot lately and it is frustrating Clark.

This is a good thing as maybe we are starting to get the Clark we know and love back. But it also means that if there are essentially 2 hats on Clark, it means our 2 OLBs and other two linemen/LB's are one on one.

For sure. I don't really care for the complete freedom that Pettine has been giving Z. I would like to reign him in a little more so the other guys know exactly what to expect.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
13 Nov 2020 09:59
go pak go wrote:

For sure. I don't really care for the complete freedom that Pettine has been giving Z. I would like to reign him in a little more so the other guys know exactly what to expect.
100% agree. Very tough on any ILB, let alone rookie ILBs if they don't know what the OLB is doing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yeah. I have been thinking about that too. We seem to especially have issues of incorrect angles and hole plugging in the run game and screen game and I wonder if that is due to our rookies playing ILB.

I wonder if Kirksey being there just to be a more effective field captain will help that. Having guys where they need to be is really important and I feel our ILBs need better communication with our OLBs.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Nov 2020 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Nov 2020 10:25
NCF wrote:
go pak go wrote:

100% agree. Very tough on any ILB, let alone rookie ILBs if they don't know what the OLB is doing.
:lol: Post at the same time and have like the exact same thought.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

former Packer Josh Jones was ejected from the Jax vs Texans game for this one - hit to the head of a defenseless WR
I hope he's not doing any headhunting on Sunday

IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So weather will be windy and cold.

Time for the boys to step up and not wimp out like vs MN.
image.png
image.png (23.59 KiB) Viewed 414 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Here is what it is sounding from an injury front for the Packers:

Coming back:

1. David Bakhtiari - going to play
2. Christian Kirksey - sounds likely he is going to play

On the Injury Report but Practiced:

Lots of them.

Kevin King
Will Redmond
Vernon Scott
Darius Shepherd
EQ
Rick Wagner

On the Injury Report but did not Practice:

Robert Tonyan
Jaire Alexander
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's sounding like King, Lazard, Alexander are no-go's.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Alexander is close...but I'm not advocating for him to play.
Its just that he made it to stage 4 on Friday and if he has no adverse events its possible he could advance to stage 5 today and play tomorrow
But he has to have a "competitive" component in practice ( do they even have a competitive practice on Sat ?)
And then after that - He will get a neuro exam by an independent MD and could possibly be cleared in time.
currently listed as doubtful
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

BSA wrote:
14 Nov 2020 09:16
Alexander is close...but I'm not advocating for him to play.
Its just that he made it to stage 4 on Friday and if he has no adverse events its possible he could advance to stage 5 today and play tomorrow
But he has to have a "competitive" component in practice ( do they even have a competitive practice on Sat ?)
And then after that - He will get a neuro exam by an independent MD and could possibly be cleared in time.
currently listed as doubtful
Give his brain the extra week to come back.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

With Black and Samuals activated, I would imagine both King and Alexander will be sidelined.
Yoop wrote: