Titans @ Packers - SNF GDT - 12/27 7:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

paco wrote:
23 Dec 2020 11:58
Titans haven't had a sack since the end of November. Let's keep it that way.
Patrick needs to pick up his game. Carolina had Rodgers on the run last week.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lulu wrote:
23 Dec 2020 12:13
paco wrote:
23 Dec 2020 11:58
Titans haven't had a sack since the end of November. Let's keep it that way.
Patrick needs to pick up his game. Carolina had Rodgers on the run last week.
Hopefully he'll only play as a blocking TE. ;)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pads is big.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
23 Dec 2020 14:16
Pads is big.

Honestly pretty good injury news.

While I'd like to see Jamaal Williams back in there (The Pack-A-Day host guy said Williams' family at a fundraiser thinks he'll be good to go by the weekend, fwiw), having Redmond unavailable and therefore eliminating the temptation to play him over our younger guys, is a plus in my book. I'm honestly frustrated he hasn't been cut yet.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If I was a betting man I would put a heavy bag on the Titans to win this one. I just can’t see this team stopping Henry. They already can’t tackle.

This is the best offense we have faced all season. It’s going to be on the offense to score all game and put pressure on the Titans to make a mistake. If we can get them down two scores and maintain that the better off we will be. If things go in the other direction this will be a routing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Dec 2020 04:02
If I was a betting man I would put a heavy bag on the Titans to win this one. I just can’t see this team stopping Henry. They already can’t tackle.

This is the best offense we have faced all season. It’s going to be on the offense to score all game and put pressure on the Titans to make a mistake. If we can get them down two scores and maintain that the better off we will be. If things go in the other direction this will be a routing.
Big challenge for the Packers indeed. I think they're up for it ..... It's Time. Feels like a playoff game....good practice for the playoffs. Turnovers will likely be the difference.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Dec 2020 04:02

According to Walterfootball 80% of the bets are on the Titans.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

The Titans have a very good offense and not a very good defense. My fear is that the Packers will have another of those "not much energy" days again. We are not a very physical team as it is, so this lack of energy issue is not a good thing.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

This comes up every now and then. Why is it said we arent physical? What makes a team "physical" ?? I honestly dont get this statement

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Dec 2020 07:43
This comes up every now and then. Why is it said we arent physical? What makes a team "physical" ?? I honestly dont get this statement
:idn: we don't cause enough injury's to opponents players :lol:

we are 8th in running the ball with the least attempts, I think it's a reputation as a pass first team, obviously this year that is not the case.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/stat/rushing

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

In the Rodgers era this team has struggled against teams that play good defense, run the ball, and don't turn it over. It often happens in the playoffs with a national audience watching. So the narrative is that GB is soft, when I think the better story is that only one teams wins the SB and all playoff teams are quite good.

Some of this goes back to Capers. He bled rushing yards and waited for 2nd and 3rd and long, playing for a turnover. It worked against mediocre and average teams, but good teams don't turn it over as much. On the SB run it wasn't just Rodgers and Grant - the Def played lights out too, especially with turnovers.

Also, we here on the board have complained of the inability to get rushing 1st downs when it is 3rd or 4th and short. I don't know if that is true or just our frustration.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
Our offense is physical. Our defense has tremendous issues tackling so the perception is easy to identify as not being physical.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 09:22
Backthepack4ever wrote:
Our offense is physical. Our defense has tremendous issues tackling so the perception is easy to identify as not being physical.
This has been a reputation long nurtured on the defensive side of the ball. Call it a historical unwillingness to even attempt fundamentally sound tackles.

HHCD was infamous for avoiding contact. Even the SB team lacked physicality until Bishop came in and set the physical tone. We all noticed it immediately.

On the current team we see defenders blindly throwing their shoulder at an opponent in hopes of knocking them off balance. Most times it results in additional yards or even big plays because they fail to get them down. It's settling for a shove toward the sideline rather than an impactful and tone setting tackle at the point of attack often resulting additional yards and first downs.

It's an attitude, really. This defense historically just doesn't exude a physical toughness or embrace physical contact.

In truth, it's even evident on offense. How many times does Rodgers throw on short yardage plays? How often do we simply line up and smash an opponent in the mouth when we need a tough yard or two. It's rare, it seems. ML and AR seem more than willing to go to the air when it comes to those situations but, tbh, I get it as it is their bread and butter. It does give the impression, tho, that they are soft.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

The Green Bay Packers invited 200 more health care workers and first responders, and their immediate households, to Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.

In addition to employees and their households, who've been allowed to attend the games since Nov. 29, total attendance could be around 1,000, the highest during this COVID-racked year.
Wow, with 1,000 attending there will be almost as many fans as workers, players and coaches. :lol:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bishop was a Packer for 5 years and has combined tackles of 222, Dix was here 4 seasons and has 300, and was 2nd on the team in tackles every season, Bishop was over rated as a mlb, and Dix was under rated as a safety, mostly because his last season here he played not to get hurt since he new the Packers would not resign him.

that could also be said for the way our players tackle, your simply more apt to injure yourself wrapping up then shoulder bumping, no one likes this stuff, or playing less physical in coverage with a hands off approach, the goal is to avoid costly penalty's.

we miss the de cleaters such as that hit on Jo Jo Shluster the other day, however we've had some bone jaring fumble causing hits, just not as spectacular as that one.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
24 Dec 2020 10:56
The Green Bay Packers invited 200 more health care workers and first responders, and their immediate households, to Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.

In addition to employees and their households, who've been allowed to attend the games since Nov. 29, total attendance could be around 1,000, the highest during this COVID-racked year.
Wow, with 1,000 attending there will be almost as many fans as workers, players and coaches. :lol:
there making you earn those big bucks Bogey :lol:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:10
Bogey wrote:

:lol: It's been really light duty so far. :lol:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:09
Bishop was a Packer for 5 years and has combined tackles of 222, Dix was here 4 seasons and has 300, and was 2nd on the team in tackles every season, Bishop was over rated as a mlb, and Dix was under rated as a safety, mostly because his last season here he played not to get hurt since he new the Packers would not resign him.

that could also be said for the way our players tackle, your simply more apt to injure yourself wrapping up then shoulder bumping, no one likes this stuff, or playing less physical in coverage with a hands off approach, the goal is to avoid costly penalty's.

we miss the de cleaters such as that hit on Jo Jo Shluster the other day, however we've had some bone jaring fumble causing hits, just not as spectacular as that one.
Not the best comparison to seasons accumulated and tackles.

Desmond Bishop was a 6th round draft pick in 2007. Bishop flashed every August but the coaches refused to play him and they were wrong.

Bishop was then forced into the starting role in 2010 because Barnett was injured and Bishop showed the coaches they were wrong for not playing him.

Bishop got 218 tackles in two seasons with starts of 12 games in 2020 and 13 games in 2011 until he got signed by MN and got injured in MN.

Clinton Dix was a first round pick and slated to start immediately. Clinton Dix got 350 tackles from 2014 - 2017 when he started 58 games. Dix then got traded in 2018 and couldn't stick with a team.

So when you are comparing tackles over seasons, you should really compare 218 tackles over 25 starts (8.72 per game) compared to 350 tackles over 58 games. (6 tackles per game)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Bogey wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:31
Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:10
Bogey wrote:

:lol: It's been really light duty so far. :lol:
I imagine even boring if your stuck in the concourse and can't walk out to the bowl to get a glimpse of the game, course as little as I get to Lambeau (4 years ago) just being in the building is exciting, I generally genuflect shortly after entering :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:33
Yoop wrote:
24 Dec 2020 11:09

Not the best comparison to seasons accumulated and tackles.

Desmond Bishop was a 6th round draft pick in 2007. Bishop flashed every August but the coaches refused to play him and they were wrong.

Bishop was then forced into the starting role in 2010 because Barnett was injured and Bishop showed the coaches they were wrong for not playing him.

Bishop got 218 tackles in two seasons with starts of 12 games in 2020 and 13 games in 2011 until he got signed by MN and got injured in MN.

Clinton Dix was a first round pick and slated to start immediately. Clinton Dix got 350 tackles from 2014 - 2017 when he started 58 games. Dix then got traded in 2018 and couldn't stick with a team.

So when you are comparing tackles over seasons, you should really compare 218 tackles over 25 starts (8.72 per game) compared to 350 tackles over 58 games. (6 tackles per game)
ehhhh, the coaches wouldn't play him more for the same reasons others are held out, small head lol, plus he had to beat out Barnett or Hawk, both better in coverage, why people don't seem to think that is usually the deciding factor baffles me, it is a passing league, and was even more so back then, ya could say he should have played a bit more, fans didn't like Barnett's tendency ofr letting the runner come to him more so then shooting up in a gap more like Bishop, but rarely did runners get past Barnett, Bishop simply couldn't beat those two out.

Dix was a stud his first 2 plus seasons, then it seemed Capers leashed him, thats also about when Randall became so upset with the play of others, it was rumored that players became frustrated with Capers, seemed like it to me, specially with the way some including Dix played.