Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Dec 2020 22:25
go pak go wrote:
30 Dec 2020 22:20
I actually worry about David Montgomery. He has been on a roll lately.

Our defense did so well shorinf up Henry. Let's prove it again vs Montgomery.
OMG GPG! STOP THE FENCE SITTING FOR ONCE THIS SEASON! We are going to whip their ass! ;)
Me trying to find where I said the game would be close or we wouldn't crush them. :read:

It's just this whole thread talks about Truby when Montgomery has been their star. Also Jimmy Graham has done well. If we keep Alexander on Robinson it's game over for him.

I think we win this game 42 to 17.

I honestly do.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Starting to play out all of the scenarios and, really, this game can go a million different ways (as is probably true of every game). As long as Rodgers (or Boyle) is taking a "muh knee" at the end of the game, I'll be happy.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

3 TDs from Rodgers works for me 😀

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Let's get back to business here. Time to steal the Bears souls on Sunday. I expect a galvanized team to come out Sunday and show that losing Bak doesn't end their season. :beer2:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rodgers - 180 yards, 3 TD's
Adams - 101 yards, 2 TD's
Tim Boyle - 69 yards, 1 TD to Dafney

Packers in a laugher. 38 - 24 (score a lot closer than the game is)
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wagner practicing again. Bakhtiari and Keke only ones not at practice.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

50 passing TDs here we come!!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think Snacks completely transforms this defense into top 5 territory. The defenses problem is down and distance. If they do better against the run on early downs and force 2nd and 3rd and long and give these pass rushers a hair more time to get there they will dominate. The secondary gets more space to work with as well.

Pull Snacks for Keke on passing downs or go with 3 OLBs after the QB and this defensive front is insane.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2021 23:33
I think Snacks completely transforms this defense into top 5 territory. The defenses problem is down and distance. If they do better against the run on early downs and force 2nd and 3rd and long and give these pass rushers a hair more time to get there they will dominate. The secondary gets more space to work with as well.

Pull Snacks for Keke on passing downs or go with 3 OLBs after the QB and this defensive front is insane.
I hope you are right, but I'm going to wait and see first. He's played 6 games and 138 snaps this year. 3 solo tackles, 6 assisted (all in 1 game vs Jets), 1 FF. I know he won't put up huge numbers. But I'm a bit reserved on how big of an impact he'll have.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2021 23:33

We totally agree on this.

With how the LBs have been playing, this has currently been the weakest spot on our D. Guy is a savvy vet who just finally now got his legs under him. Gute’s been barking up this tree for months, so they love the fit and think he can still do it. This will just make the LBs look even better. Then finally, we are missing some age and wisdom on the D. Without Tramon now, all our oldest guys are like 28. Sometimes you need a few Mercedes and Tramons around, we were missing that on D this year.

Let’s go D. Without Bak now, really want to see the D step up to where we all know they can play and be the deciding factor in the next 4 games, make it easy on the O.

Just 16 quarters left this year, want them to be the best 16 of the season from the D.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Bears CBs Jaylon Johnson (shoulder) and Buster Skrine (concussion) are out for Week 17 against the Packers.
Looks as though the Packers won't need a top notch defense this week. I fully expect the offense to put up some points on this depleted Bears secondary.

But, yeah, a good showing by the defense would certainly give me a warm and fuzzy headed into the post season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Lol. Two weeks ago this forum trying to convince ourselves we don't need a top end D because our offense is good.

Now we are prepping ourselves saying our D needs to be top 5 level.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jan 2021 15:53
Lol. Two weeks ago this forum trying to convince ourselves we don't need a top end D because our offense is good.

I think they need to be better than their season average to win, don’t think anyone said needs to be top 5.

I think they can be top 5, because tell me what is stopping them being a top 5 defense? I am not seeing a shortage or talent or depth, frankly we have absolute top end talent like we haven’t had since like ‘07-‘10

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
02 Jan 2021 16:03
go pak go wrote:

I think they need to be better than their season average to win, don’t think anyone said needs to be top 5.

I think they can be top 5, because tell me what is stopping them being a top 5 defense? I am not seeing a shortage or talent or depth, frankly we have absolute top end talent like we haven’t had since like ‘07-‘10
I agree their talent is top five.

I think right now they are a 9th to 12th ranked D. If they do well tomorrow, we can confidently call them a top 10 or better.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

go pak go wrote:

I mean to be fair, two weeks ago we had less reasons to believe in this defense. But they've done a lot in these last two weeks to give us more confidence. Plus we got Snacks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s go baby!!!

Legit chance for the house cleaning trifecta today, end the Trubisky, Nagy, Pace eras in Chicago!!!! :banana: :banana:

:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

We could say that the Pack has more overall talent and should easily win. Nothing wrong wth that.

We could say that Aaron is a Bear killer. He is.

But this is perhaps the most notorious series (Pack vs Bears) in the league. You almost expect that something bizarre, incredible, and hopefully wonderful will turn the game to the Packers in the end. I was at the opening week game two years ago when Aaron got hurt. And nobody would’ve anticipated the CRAZY that happened in the second half.

I say just hold on to your seats for 3 hours and enjoy. If da Bears manage to pull it out, we are still good for the playoffs and should do some real damage there. And if the Pack wins, we savor it.

Frankly, I hope the only unexpected excitement is Crosby missing another PAT.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!