LA Rams: What They're Saying

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:23
salmar80 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:05
Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2021 06:20

I wouldn’t have thought any different. But if our WRs catch the ball better, we would’ve hung 40+ on that D and won going away.
We also passed on a gimme field goal at the end of the game outta respect.

We had 9 drives, scored on 6 on them and could've scored on the 7th.

I know this game may not fit the classic definition of a blow out, but I have a suspicion the players on the Rams' D feel pretty blown out.
The Rams legit stopped us once. That drive they stopped us near midfield after Rodgers screwed the pooch on the MVS TD throw.
when Rodgers hits Adams like that it's a catch, Scantling didn't even jump for the ball, your Rodgers hate bias lantern shins brightly :box: no one is perfect all the time, but Rodgers gets as close as anyone that plays the game these days

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:31
go pak go wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:05

We also passed on a gimme field goal at the end of the game outta respect.

We had 9 drives, scored on 6 on them and could've scored on the 7th.

I know this game may not fit the classic definition of a blow out, but I have a suspicion the players on the Rams' D feel pretty blown out.
The Rams legit stopped us once. That drive they stopped us near midfield after Rodgers screwed the pooch on the MVS TD throw.
when Rodgers hits Adams like that it's a catch, Scantling didn't even jump for the ball, your Rodgers hate bias lantern shins brightly :box: no one is perfect all the time, but Rodgers gets as close as anyone that plays the game these days
You know that is not the play I am talking about.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:43
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I have no idea what your complaining about most of the time, seriously I don't read much after you call people STUPID

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:49
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I have no idea what your complaining about most of the time, seriously I don't read much after you call people STUPID
I mean I was just making a play reference in the game. I don't know how else you can describe the drive the Rams stopping the Packers other than it was the drive after the Rodgers overthrow to MVS/Lazard TD drop drive.

I have put up reading complaints about taking Gary and not taking Jefferson or ILB (when it becomes more convenient) in every thread on this board. My comments the past 12 hours concerning Rodgers are not unrealistic or unfair.

I don't recall the "stupid" comment. I certainly don't think I have a reputation of being a disrespectful poster from anyone else on this board.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yeah, the play up the left sideline where MVS got loose on a second move and Rodgers throw sailed over his head and out of bounds. The announcers made mention of that specific throw looking like the wind got under it exactly as Rodgers described to the broadcast team. The one to Lazard was close, but still a nice play in my opinion... just inches off. The one to MVS that [mention]go pak go[/mention] is referencing is the one that Rodgers is going to be kicking himself over because that is usually an easy TD for him.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:05
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yeah, the play up the left sideline where MVS got loose on a second move and Rodgers throw sailed over his head and out of bounds. The announcers made mention of that specific throw looking like the wind got under it exactly as Rodgers described to the broadcast team. The one to Lazard was close, but still a nice play in my opinion... just inches off. The one to MVS that @go pak go is referencing is the one that Rodgers is going to be kicking himself over because that is usually an easy TD for him.
Yeah that was not a wind ball. I partly wonder if Rodgers didn't think MVS would do a stutter step or something? It was just such a good play by MVS. And honestly it's really hard to overthrow that guy.

Again. I'm just glad, if this is the game the passing attack decided to not be very good, that this is the game they got that out of the way.

We can't be having that moving forward these next two weeks.

And the throw to Lazard was PERFECT. Honestly perfect. Rodgers redeemed himself after the MVS overthrow with two career highlight plays to Lazard. It's just Lazard dropped it.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So what are they saying now?

My brother in law is a big Rams fan; he basically said "well, we had a good run; injuries cost us; and Rodgers is a god"

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:01
Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2021 07:49
go pak go wrote:

I mean I was just making a play reference in the game. I don't know how else you can describe the drive the Rams stopping the Packers other than it was the drive after the Rodgers overthrow to MVS/Lazard TD drop drive.

I have put up reading complaints about taking Gary and not taking Jefferson or ILB (when it becomes more convenient) in every thread on this board. My comments the past 12 hours concerning Rodgers are not unrealistic or unfair.

I don't recall the "stupid" comment. I certainly don't think I have a reputation of being a disrespectful poster from anyone else on this board.
You don't.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:22

My brother in law is a big Rams fan; he basically said "well, we had a good run; injuries cost us; and Rodgers is a god"
To me, a big story was that Goff was extremely efficient which I thought would have been terrible news for us, but they basically tried to Trubisky us and we all know how that ends up.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:

This is still what I don't get.

Yes Rodgers is a god. But the narrative is so strong that the Packers are Aaron Rodgers and nothing else.

Yesterday it was the Packers who dominated the Rams. Aaron Rodgers was just along for the ride.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:24
To me, a big story was that Goff was extremely efficient which I thought would have been terrible news for us, but they basically tried to Trubisky us and we all know how that ends up.
Honestly, I was thinkiong about this and the Rams are really just a slightly better Bears.

10-6 instead of 8-8
Defense is the strong unit of the team
HC is a creative offensive mind, but McVay > Nagy
QB is a high pick who has flashed but is inconsistent and a weak point on the team, but Goff > Trubisky
Aaron Donald > Akiem Hicks, but there's a dominant DT in the middle

I dunno. Maybe this whole comparison is a stretch. But I think stylistically, there are tons of litttle parallels like that

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:30
NCF wrote:
17 Jan 2021 08:24
Honestly, I was thinkiong about this and the Rams are really just a slightly better Bears.

10-6 instead of 8-8
Defense is the strong unit of the team
HC is a creative offensive mind, but McVay > Nagy
QB is a high pick who has flashed but is inconsistent and a weak point on the team, but Goff > Trubisky
Aaron Donald > Akiem Hicks, but there's a dominant DT in the middle

I dunno. Maybe this whole comparison is a stretch. But I think stylistically, there are tons of litttle parallels like that
Maybe the Rams = 2018 Bears?
Yoop wrote:

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jan 2021 06:24
Their whole point I believe was, "yes we lost to the Jets, but Packers struggled with the Jaguars so any team can struggle vs a crap team"

We do the same thing on here all the time. Try to minimize our own failures and boost other teams' failures.
Hmmm... my experience on GB forums has generally been the opposite.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This wasn't the aforementioned 3 score victory(21+) that would supposedly constitute a blow out, but in the spirit of the comment, this was a blow out. The #1 defense was mentioned to allude to the assumption their defense would suppress our #1 offense. It didn't. 32 points. 484 yards in total. 296 passing yards. 188 rushing yards. Zero sacks given up. Zero turnovers. Also, had we kicked the field goal at the end, it would have been a 17 point lead... 3 scores. Our offense blew their defense out of the water.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 09:08
This wasn't the aforementioned 3 score victory(21+) that would supposedly constitute a blow out, but in the spirit of the comment, this was a blow out. The #1 defense was mentioned to allude to the assumption their defense would suppress our #1 offense. It didn't. 32 points. 484 yards in total. 296 passing yards. 188 rushing yards. Zero sacks given up. Zero turnovers. Also, had we kicked the field goal at the end, it would have been a 17 point lead... 3 scores. Our offense blew their defense out of the water.
Yeah, we absolutely almost doubled up on them in almost every respect.

Today we went out and were twice as good as a playoff team with the #1 D in the NFL

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

And it was a one-score game until about 7:00 in the 4th.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Half Empty wrote:
17 Jan 2021 10:22
No, it closed to a 1-score game around then.

It was a 2-score game for most of the game.

From 16-3 on..

16-3
16-10 for 29 seconds
19-10 at the half
25-10 after the first drive of the second half
25-18 for about the first half of the 4th quarter, then back to 2 at
32-18

The whole game they were playing catchup. They did possess the ball within 1 score once, one possession, after the score was 10-3 early.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Jan 2021 10:34
Half Empty wrote:
17 Jan 2021 10:22
No, it closed to a 1-score game around then.

It was a 2-score game for most of the game.

From 16-3 on..

16-3
16-10 for 29 seconds
19-10 at the half
25-10 after the first drive of the second half
25-18 for about the first half of the 4th quarter, then back to 2 at
32-18

The whole game they were playing catchup. They did possess the ball within 1 score once, one possession, after the score was 10-3 early.
Yeah. When you play catchup, you have to pay REALLY well and everything has to really go your way. It's why coming back from 2 scores going into the 4th quarter is so hard.

You are down 2 posessions. Likely have 3 possions a piece if all goes well. So you need to hit on 2 of them and not let the opponent hit really on any of them.

But I will admit. it's the playoffs. anything can happen, including the fumble and if that went poorly, our conversations could be very different this morning.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:

The general comments I've seen from Rams fans is that (surprisingly) it was the defense that lost this game, not Goff as many had anticipated. I really think their fan base had sincere anticipation of Ramsey shutting down Adams and the offense struggling to get anything going with consistency. The fact they didn't force a punt until midway through the 3rd qtr came as shock.

I'm sure it sucks for their fan base to see their team lose but to lose because the strength of your team got ran roughshod is just disheartening.

And all the sweeter for us! :woohoo:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
17 Jan 2021 10:52
The general comments I've seen from Rams fans is that (surprisingly) it was the defense that lost this game, not Goff as many had anticipated. I really think their fan base had sincere anticipation of Ramsey shutting down Adams and the offense struggling to get anything going with consistency. The fact they didn't force a punt until midway through the 3rd qtr came as shock.

I'm sure it sucks for their fan base to see their team lose but to lose because the strength of your team got ran roughshod is just disheartening.

And all the sweeter for us!
Yeah, I mean think of it this way: if we had gone out and played the exact games we played against Minnesota and Indy, it wouldn't have been a shock to us. We've seen that before and have a fear that it will occur again, even if our recent success and confidence has wiped that away.

For Rams fans, they haven't seen a single offense do this to them. The Bills scored more, but that was a back and forth game. This was brand new to them. Their defense getting devoured really couldn't come as anything but a shock to them.