Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Lets keep rolling, just play like last week.

Incog doing some quality trolling at FF, loling at Bucs fans who think 38-10 portends a Superb Owl after spending a week arguing that getting destroyed by New Orleans twice doesn't matter.

^&#@ Tampa Bay, need this energy

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So like my early "prime years" of being a Packers fan (you know like 10 years old plus) was really the 2000/2001 season. So my first real era of influence was the Mike Sherman era which honestly was pretty fun 2001 - 2004.

The teams I hated most during that time were the Vikings, Eagles and Bucs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Can you correct your problems? This is a pretty big CHECK.

Read More. Post Less.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:38
WE CAN DO THIS, WE MUST DO THIS, and WE WILL DO THIS!

GO PACK GO!!

“You defeat defeatism with confidence.” Vince Lombardi
I don't agree here. Sometimes it works but too often you cannot make yourself
confident. In that case it is useful to switch from the outcome to the process.
So instead of „We will win" you go to „We will give 100% and we will not answer
provocation and we will not play scared, but aggressive and dynamic, and if that
means &%$@ (fumble, INT) then so be it". Such a mindset is more believable
(for your brain) because you can better control it.

To the game: 55:45 for us, too much can happen, play then like the Rams
but be especially aware of their ability to force fumbles and INTs but dont
let that make us play more conservative.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
18 Jan 2021 17:55
Can you correct your problems? This is a pretty big CHECK.

I spy Ricky Wagner at LT and Turner at RT, lol

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’m actually a little glad the Packers had that earlier blowout loss to these same Bucs. If the Bucs players mindset is anywhere near their fan bases, they’re feeling super confident. It’ll make this victory all the sweeter.

That regular season game was a fluke. Bad game plan, bad execution, bad performance. I have every confidence that &%$@ ain’t happening again.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 18:28
I’m actually a little glad the Packers had that earlier blowout loss to these same Bucs. If the Bucs players mindset is anywhere near their fan bases, they’re feeling super confident. It’ll make this victory all the sweeter.

That regular season game was a fluke. Bad game plan, bad execution, bad performance. I have every confidence that &%$@ ain’t happening again.
And honestly I don't blame Bucs fans for feeling that way. Our board would be mighty confident too.

They handled our line of scrimmage. They provided consistent pressure. They forced turnovers. They stopped our outside run schematic game plan.

They also don't watch "us" like we watch us. So they probably are going by a lot of old national narratives that we are soft etc. which got further validated when they played us and dominated us. Which will make it all the sweeter crushing them.

Honestly I view this game like the 2014 NFCCG where we knew we were the better team. Except this time it's at home and Rodgers isn't hurt.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2021 18:53
Honestly I view this game like the 2014 NFCCG
the game which shall not be named

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Jan 2021 18:57
go pak go wrote:
For sure.

But we smoked em. And we all know it.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Reached the first quarter of the Bucs game. Bucs didn't really have the ball the first quarter.

First drive we struggled to move the chains and had to get a first down on a broken play to Aaron Jones on a 3rd and 10 but we moved the ball well after that. The first drive the Bucs played man coverage and honestly we destroyed them with man beaters. Davante and MVS both destroyed the Bucs on man beaters. The one thing that is clear is their pass rush was very good. They definitely got in Rodgers's face really fast. Honestly it was probably the most pressure Rodgers received all year.

The 2nd drive the Bucs played primarily zone. Again the pressure was good but our drive was bolstered because we utilized Jamaal Williams on inside runs including a 25 yard run that Lucas Patrick absolutely owned his man and Corey Linsley was able to get to the 2nd level and take out Devin White. Every time we again tried an outside run...it failed. Rodgers and his WRs (including Adams, MVS and Shepherd) all did a good job of finding holes in the zones. What was impressive is the refs got Jenkins on a holding call at the 15 yardline and yet we were able to still score a TD on a Rodgers run.

If there were two themes that were obvious of the 1st quarter film:

1. We absolutely wanted to run the ball outside but absolutely could not. Devin White owned them.

2. Their pass rush was very effective and owned our Oline more than any opponent has all year. It required fantastic work by Rodgers and the receivers to keep the plays moving which they were able to do. Both Bak and Turner really struggled Quarter 1 vs their edge guys. They also brought a lot of blitzes where guys would rush on delayed looks. Bowles really had some good defensive calls.

3. The interior running worked. Corey Linsley was able to wash out Devin White when given the opportunity.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:

Honestly I view this game like the 2014 NFCCG where we knew we were the better team. Except this time it's at home and Rodgers isn't hurt.
Back then Seattle was heavily favored: LOB, SB-Champ, Homefield, Rodgers hurt, suspicious Packers Defense. That very fact made it all sweeter when we led 0-16 at halftime which made it such an emotional rollercoaster to lose eventually (and of course in the way we lost: Boooostick).

This NFC Game is 180° different. We are at home and flying. We are the favourites, though maybe not that heavily like Seattle over us back then.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Voldemort

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

German_Panzer wrote:
18 Jan 2021 18:11
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:38
WE CAN DO THIS, WE MUST DO THIS, and WE WILL DO THIS!

GO PACK GO!!

“You defeat defeatism with confidence.” Vince Lombardi
I don't agree here. Sometimes it works but too often you cannot make yourself
confident. In that case it is useful to switch from the outcome to the process.
So instead of „We will win" you go to „We will give 100% and we will not answer
provocation and we will not play scared, but aggressive and dynamic, and if that
means &%$@ (fumble, INT) then so be it". Such a mindset is more believable
(for your brain) because you can better control it.

To the game: 55:45 for us, too much can happen, play then like the Rams
but be especially aware of their ability to force fumbles and INTs but dont
let that make us play more conservative.
Disagreeing with Vince Lombardi on a Packers chat board can, must and will be viewed by some as totally on the 6th sigma edge.

Overthinking can sometimes be fatal. Our offensive line CAN DO THIS, MUST DO THIS and WILL DO THIS.

Go Pack Go!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 18:28

Didn't we lose Bak in the middle of that game and our OL never really adjust to that? Our entire squad is playing so much better now than we did then so I don't know if we can take much stock into what happened back in October.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2021 20:49
Reached the first quarter of the Bucs game. Bucs didn't really have the ball the first quarter.

First drive we struggled to move the chains and had to get a first down on a broken play to Aaron Jones on a 3rd and 10 but we moved the ball well after that. The first drive the Bucs played man coverage and honestly we destroyed them with man beaters. Davante and MVS both destroyed the Bucs on man beaters. The one thing that is clear is their pass rush was very good. They definitely got in Rodgers's face really fast. Honestly it was probably the most pressure Rodgers received all year.

The 2nd drive the Bucs played primarily zone. Again the pressure was good but our drive was bolstered because we utilized Jamaal Williams on inside runs including a 25 yard run that Lucas Patrick absolutely owned his man and Corey Linsley was able to get to the 2nd level and take out Devin White. Every time we again tried an outside run...it failed. Rodgers and his WRs (including Adams, MVS and Shepherd) all did a good job of finding holes in the zones. What was impressive is the refs got Jenkins on a holding call at the 15 yardline and yet we were able to still score a TD on a Rodgers run.

If there were two themes that were obvious of the 1st quarter film:

1. We absolutely wanted to run the ball outside but absolutely could not. Devin White owned them.

2. Their pass rush was very effective and owned our Oline more than any opponent has all year. It required fantastic work by Rodgers and the receivers to keep the plays moving which they were able to do. Both Bak and Turner really struggled Quarter 1 vs their edge guys. They also brought a lot of blitzes where guys would rush on delayed looks. Bowles really had some good defensive calls.

3. The interior running worked. Corey Linsley was able to wash out Devin White when given the opportunity.
I still can’t believe with the Bucs losing their star IDL in Vea the game plan was to clearly go outside in the run game. Maybe the plan was to get the LB flowing hard on PA but I just thought that was the dumbest game plan all year, unless you count drafting Love of course. Then it would be 2nd.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Part of our issue running wide was not having Lazard in the game. He's so important for those stretch plays.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Aaron Rodgers in 16 games outside of Raymond James Stadium this year.

54 TD's, 3 picks

Those are stats in Tecmo Super Bowl you would argue just aren't realistic.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon wrote:
18 Jan 2021 21:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Voldemort

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

packman114 wrote:
19 Jan 2021 08:22
Part of our issue running wide was not having Lazard in the game. He's so important for those stretch plays.
He is critical for Jones turning a 3 yard outlet pass into a big gain too.

Lazard is also a much better possession receiver than MVS or ESB. He gets open and he rarely drops the ball and he is so physical that he turns 6 yard pass on 3rd and 8 into a first down. When Lazard was out, Rodgers would gladly take a deep shot to MVS on 1st or 2nd down but if it was 3rd down he would not trust MVS and would force the ball to Adams or Tonyan instead.

This game, the Packers have their top 3 receivers, Adams, Tonyan and Lazard all healthy. That is going to be real tough for the Buc's D to handle.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don't know how to feel about this game.

We had our way with the Rams, who was a great D, but clearly no Donald was felt. Sure didn't have Bak, but still.

Rams don't have the offense the Bucs do, and if TOP gets away from us a little because we aren't having success running and getting behind the sticks, could see us having our struggles.

I feel like LaFleur has done an amazing job at not letting this team repeat the same mistakes. Just with how we came out flat in the Championship game last year, just don't think he lets that happen again.

But this game is going to be so much on the OL getting something with the run game going, and likely just as much on Aaron and LaFleur to make sure they are calling running plays that have a chance of working.