Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Apr 2020 13:15
Screw you WI.
Today. Pool was a cool 82 degrees.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Apr 2020 00:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
Screw you WI.

You must have your own pool. The pool here in my community has been closed since St. Patrick's Day. :(

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pugger wrote:
13 Apr 2020 08:03
Raptorman wrote:
13 Apr 2020 00:16
Pckfn23 wrote:

Screw you WI.
You must have your own pool. The pool here in my community has been closed since St. Patrick's Day. :(
14x40 feet.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I wondered this when we were in FL the last few years. Are the mosquitoes that bad all the time that everyone needs a net over the pools? Everyone had it. Great idea.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Apr 2020 11:07
I wondered this when we were in FL the last few years. Are the mosquitoes that bad all the time that everyone needs a net over the pools? Everyone had it. Great idea.
Yup. Those little bastards can really be annoying. We also have "noseeums" which are small enough to make it through the screen. They fly around your head and even inside the space between your eyes and glasses. The mosquitoes generally are out at night and if you want to spend any time on your deck you pretty much need a screen or some type of anti-mosquito chemical in the air. The tiny little bastard noseeums are out during the day as long as there is no breeze. If it's still, they will be all over you. A 5-10 mph breeze usually keeps them away. Part of the Joys of living in FL.

So, come September when we are waiting for the next hurricane to hit, standing on our deck during the day when the temp is 95 and the heat index is 108 with noseeums flying around your face and no breeze you have one of two choices. Jump in the pool or go inside to the AC.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Got cut down to 32 hours/week today. Better than some in similar situations how got hours cut by 50%.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
13 Apr 2020 14:05
Got cut down to 32 hours/week today. Better than some in similar situations how got hours cut by 50%.
Hang in there. Any assurances you get back to 40 when this clears?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
13 Apr 2020 14:12
paco wrote:
Hang in there. Any assurances you get back to 40 when this clears?
Yep, that won't be an issue I'll be back to 40. Just don't know when. Probably all of Q2, maybe into Q3. The company was already planning for a downturn this year. So COVID on top of it really sucks.

We'll be fine financially. I've got some options to get relief for a few things if I need to (mortgage, etc). There's a slight glimmer of hope that my wife's place might be opening back up with some extra precautions (they're considered essential but have been closed).

Frustrating though at a time when there is hope that things may get better, my situation takes a step back. Still better than a lot of people, so I'm happy. My boss is trying to get back to China to deal with family issues and just found out her husband has cancer. So she has a mountain of issues to deal with.
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
I got cut to 0 hours. Apparently repainting houses with zero people within 50 ft is a threat. However, painting new construction that isn't sold is 100% okay. Those $15 million homes on the beach are going full bore. Even though every one of them is a spec house. (not sold)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

More yard work today after a miserable Easter with rain/sleet and wind.

One day it's 70 and sunny, the next day it's 30 and the gutters are frozen. Can't tell if I should be doing spring work or prep for a winter snow.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The stupidity is amazing. :kaboom:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I give up. :surrender:
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

We are here for you Paco! Dive into the draft. That is what I have been doing!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Apr 2020 19:26
We are here for you Paco! Dive into the draft. That is what I have been doing!
As long as I stay away from my wife things should be fine!

I haven't been able to focus on the draft for more than a few minutes at a time. Its a darn shame. So I appreciate the work you and others are doing, so I can catch up bit by bit.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
14 Apr 2020 22:21
I she sick or just making you sick?

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
15 Apr 2020 07:11
paco wrote:
14 Apr 2020 22:21
I she sick or just making you sick?
Dunno which, but I can imagine Paco looking JUST like his avatar right now... Also, I'd really like to be a lurker on whichever forum his wife frequents. :rotf:

Courage, man!

Hint: packers-huddle.com is actually fine to use on your mobile device. If you want to catch up on the draft, go on "a long walk because exercise".

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I think Lemmy looks happier than me right now! My wife isn't used to being cooped up like this and she is more irritable than usual. Here's a short list of things I've been yelled at for...

Her alarm didn't go off.
I didn't hear the noise she heard.
I bought her a snack that she didn't ask for.
I took out the garbage at a time that was inconvenient for her.
I waited for her to be done on her phone before resuming the show we were watching.

My wife doesn't do forums. But I imagine she is complaining about me somewhere!
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Get her drunk.

Solution to, and cause of, all of life's problems.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
15 Apr 2020 08:34
I think Lemmy looks happier than me right now! My wife isn't used to being cooped up like this and she is more irritable than usual. Here's a short list of things I've been yelled at for...

Her alarm didn't go off.
I didn't hear the noise she heard.
I bought her a snack that she didn't ask for.
I took out the garbage at a time that was inconvenient for her.
I waited for her to be done on her phone before resuming the show we were watching.

My wife doesn't do forums. But I imagine she is complaining about me somewhere!
I feel for you. Every part of my house has been cleaned. I mean every part. Except for my closet. She can't touch that. My wife goes back to work today for 7 days. I hope she gets some flying in this time. Last time she sat in a hotel for 7 days. At least in San Antonio the hotel should have a pool. If they can use it. If not, I'm sure I'll hear about it.

Remember, this is a window into retirement.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

I am so lucky my wife still thinks I am sexy, she will be sitting on the couch watching some HGTV show and I will walk by and make a comment or ask a question. As I walk away she still says what an ass.