If Amari Rodgers was a UDFA would he make the team?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Aug 2021 11:23
Yoop wrote:
23 Aug 2021 10:56
go pak go wrote:
23 Aug 2021 10:40

I'm just questioning why playing with arguably college football's greatest QB to ever play the game (for 3 years) was a mistake compared to playing with Sam Darnold (which would have only been what...one year?).

Like I am confused on a lot of levels here.
first I didn't call you anything, and I simply took my info from that article, maybe Rodgers decided not to go to USC because he'd get to play with Lawrence longer then Darnold, who knows. and how could Amari possibly know how good Lawrence would become at that time, Darnold was already established as being pretty dang good, I'am sure Randal Cobb could supply answers to these questions since he's been raving about Amari since his HS days.
My level of confusion is growing with each post. :lol:
fo sure Puppy, fo sure :lol:

I just added some key elements to my last post in hopes of unlocking your frozen gray matter :beer2:

the more I read about Rodgers, the more surprised I'am that he last till our 3rd round pick, I'll read more to try and find out why, the kid caught 40 passes as a HS player, and 18 of them where for TD's, maybe the lack of production as a junior at Clemson when he tore his acl hurt his draft profile.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

If he were an UDFA there would be no problem getting him to the PS. Drafted where he was makes that impossible.

But you ought to have said make the 53 instead of make the team. Be careful that what you write is what you mean.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
23 Aug 2021 13:59
If he were an UDFA there would be no problem getting him to the PS. Drafted where he was makes that impossible.

But you ought to have said make the 53 instead of make the team. Be careful that what you write is what you mean.
actually I'd be willing to bet anyone here that Rodgers is on the 53 for every game this season, any takers just send me a PM.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This thread is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I feel like the issue is not simply that Rodgers has not impressed (yet) but also that we now have Cobb in-house AND Kylin Hill looks amazing AND we are crazy deep at wide receiver (and, for that matter, receiving targets at TE)... so the apparent need/value of a guy like Rodgers is a lot less apparent. We are also making a championship push, so every roster spot counts.

But yeah, it's way too early for this. Catching passes from Rodgers or for that matter even Love could greatly impact how much better he looks. Cobb has often battled injuries since his second contract, as well, so it's nice to have a guy in his mold all the same.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto