Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Sep 2021 12:20
The notion that we have "a lot invested" at RB is a very strange one.
Start here:

The Packers have either invested - too much - or - too little - in the RB position.
There are no other acceptable choices :)

The betting spread on this one has been quite the roller coaster, with GB getting as many as 3.5 pts over the summer all the way to GB giving 4.5 pts over the weekend. Now its sitting at GB -3.
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I wasnt complaining about how much we put into the position. I was really just saying I am interested in watching how the carries play out during the game. Because if what you got paid and who got drafted where means absolutely 0...it may just be about a 50/50 split because they are both probably elite backs, just with two completely different styles.

It will be interesting to see it play out.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Should it not be a 50/50 split, will that mean something?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
07 Sep 2021 13:57
Should it not be a 50/50 split, will that mean something?
it will just show what role coach has in mind for each back to play on the team, which will be interesting to learn considering they both are elite caliber backs. Great issue to have, just will be interesting considering there is only one football.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just think with how long the season is I won't get too worked up one way or the other on distribution of plays, carries, snaps, etc. as long as the formula is a winning one.

The season is long. Each player will get their shot at some point during the season and I hope they do. We have a real chance of keeping our guys as fresh as possible this year going into January. I hope they take advantage.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’ve got Dillon on my fantasy team. Wouldn’t mind seeing him get more touches.

Something we saw late in the year was both on the field with Jones motioning from out wide or the slot across the backfield at the snap and Rodgers would either give it to him, fake it and give it to Dillon, swing it to Jones if no one followed, or hit Adams on a quick pass. It was effective. I expect we see a lot more of that this season with a lot more building on Jones routes out of the backfield. I would see instead of just running the swing if in man you have him on an option routes and he cuts it back inside. Or if protection holds up he could run a wheel route. There’s a lot you can do from that concept that stresses a defense. It pulls a man from the box and less men in the box is better for Dillon.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean we have a heavy package few in the league can hang with, if you wanted two RBs, an elite WR, a TE, and a TE/WR flex.

But there's a time and a place for it.

I mean our offense could swap out like hockey lines or basketball lineups to small ball them or big bully them, depending on the opponents' strengths and weaknesses or game situation. Just gotta hope the new-look OL is up to the task.

But I can't imagine a tougher goalline grouping than Tonyan, Big Dog, Adams, Jones, and Dillon with the sheer variety of things you can do with them. I guess that's part of the reason why we had a historically good red zone season last year, huh?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Think the Pack is concerned with special teams?
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Let me walk you through our game plan. It will be a rim righting grip configuration using nickel slips and bracketed caps, with spray flex damp collars at slatted hatch depth of 1 half yard, from the damper crown all the way to the spur flants. Then we'll bolster 11 hutch nuts to each task apparatus using vertically composited champers. Finally we'll pan trap both maiden flexes at the jim joints.

Just a little something like that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
07 Sep 2021 17:47
Think the Pack is concerned with special teams?
Molson is the kicker next season so that makes sense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
07 Sep 2021 18:54
Let me walk you through our game plan. It will be a rim righting grip configuration using nickel slips and bracketed caps, with spray flex damp collars at slatted hatch depth of 1 half yard, from the damper crown all the way to the spur flants. Then we'll bolster 11 hutch nuts to each task apparatus using vertically composited champers. Finally we'll pan trap both maiden flexes at the jim joints.

Just a little something like that.
I'm so excited you are going to be watching it in person. :banana: :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Can't we only protect P-sqaud players only three times?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
07 Sep 2021 20:50
I could not find that mentioned anywhere.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
07 Sep 2021 20:50
Protected practice squad players

"NFL rules permit teams to poach other team’s practice squad players. By doing that, they’d sign another team’s practice squadder to their 53-man roster, and he will earn a minimum of three game checks, even if he is released/waived prior to spending three weeks on the active roster.

However, new rules allow teams to protect four practice squad players per week from poaching. At the beginning of a game week, teams submit the names of up to four players who cannot be poached by other teams. A specific player can be protected an unlimited amount of times during one season."

you might be thinking of temporary promotion ?

Promotion to the active squad

"At any time, a team can sign a practice squad player to their 53-man roster. However, to do so, they have to sign a new contract and make a spot on the roster for them by removing someone off the 53-man squad. If a team wanted to put them back on the practice squad, they would have to either cut or waive them first and then re-sign them to the squad, as long as they are not claimed by another team.

HOWEVER, a new rule allows teams to promote two players from the practice squad per week without the need to create a roster spot—in essence, creating a temporary 55-man roster. Those players are eligible to play in that week’s game, and they revert back to the practice squad at the end of the week without having to pass through waivers.

There is one catch. You can only use this temporary promotion twice on an individual player per season. After that, you’ll have to sign him to the 53-man roster to play them."
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow. Seems kind of a like a $%@# move that a team can protect a Pratice Squad player an unlimited amount of times. But that is good for us!
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Every team gets to protect up to 4.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Is it common to protect the PS QB so you dont have to go looking for a new one midseason or does that imply they have plans for him to be QB2 next year behind Love after Rodgers potentially leaves?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Sep 2021 06:44
Wow. Seems kind of a like a $%@# move that a team can protect a Pratice Squad player an unlimited amount of times. But that is good for us!
The less occurrences of a WR playing QB or Letroy Guion playing OL in the playoffs, the better.

Rather than tinkering with PS so much, (love the 16 person PS), but rosters should really be 55 already and suit up 48. Could almost make it mandatory you need 3 listed QB's suited up, and do away with that stupid rule (perhaps its already gone) where if you put in your #3 QB you can't put in your 1st starter or whatever that was. Would be kind of cool to have like a #3 QB roster spot be dedicated to like the college ATH position. A guy with an arm who knows the QB playbook, but can play gunner on ST and maybe do jet sweeps on rare occasions, but can also get you through a game.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay, so if/when we replace Hunter Bradley with our PS guy... do we get to "protect" another player, or is that designation used up?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
08 Sep 2021 09:19
Okay, so if/when we replace Hunter Bradley with our PS guy... do we get to "protect" another player, or is that designation used up?
You get to choose 4 guys each week. Can use it on the same guys or different, no limitation except for 4.
RIP JustJeff