Jaire

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:35
Pugger wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:30
Losing this week against an AFC opponent wouldn't be as damaging as dropping a game to a divisional rival so if an extra week of rest will help Alexander this would be the week to do so.
Losing a perfectly winnable game is always bad. Have to find a way to win and obviously Jaire would help, big time.
This bunch we will be playing on Sunday is not the Bungles of past seasons. This is going to be a tough one, especially on the road even IF Jaire plays.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:35
Pugger wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:30
Losing this week against an AFC opponent wouldn't be as damaging as dropping a game to a divisional rival so if an extra week of rest will help Alexander this would be the week to do so.
Losing a perfectly winnable game is always bad. Have to find a way to win and obviously Jaire would help, big time.
I mean every game is winnable. But Im with Pugger on this one. Its an AFC game. This game has very little impact on the standings outside of it just being a loss. I always want to win games but this does barely anything for tie breakers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Oct 2021 11:44
I always want to win games but this does barely anything for tie breakers.
Except for the #1 tiebreaker which is... WINNING more games.

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Doesn't sound good. Getting more opinions and trying to avoid surgery which would end his season. Might be able to play with harness at some point but won't play this week.

I'm sure it's a matter of how much more can he hurt it and how well he can play of he does. If he won't make it worse and can be 70% Jaire, he probably play again and get off-season surgery.

But I'm not optimistic on this one.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So still between playing Sunday and being out for the year

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Woah.

I was far more optimistic about his status than this. :|
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I never understood why there would be optimism based off what came out yesterday. The tweets from beat writers or insiders were all word salads and lefleur never once ruled out any worse case scenarios
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'm still optimistic, you Negative Nancy's...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 16:07
I never understood why there would be optimism based off what came out yesterday. The tweets from beat writers or insiders were all word salads and lefleur never once ruled out any worse case scenarios
this has been on my mind ever since we heard that Gilmore was on the block, what is the status of Alexander, when is he expected back, with this no news yet thing, I'am doubting even more that we had as much interest or ability concerning Gilmore as the media people said we did.

not good news day today with Alexander, was hoping and maybe it still may be just a short healing process, but hearing conformation of that would have been nice.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

MLF is just channeling his inner coy Belichick...

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I would have rather signed Richard Sherman than Gilmore, but both are already on their new teams so it doesn't matter. I'm sort of fine rolling with Stokes, but I am not fine rolling with Kevin King. Would rather pull Tramon out of retirement than go with King. Or even Woodson. He's got to still be in decent enough shape.

EDIT: forgot we just signed Rasul Douglas. I don't know if he's good or not. But he's not Kevin King so I'm cool with trying him out.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021 ... ay-packers
Following Friday’s practice, Packers head coach Matt Lafleur told the press that the plan for Jaire Alexander’s shoulder injury is to wait off on surgery, which likely would be season-ending, and hope that the cornerback’s shoulder heals on its own. LaFleur stated, “We got better clarity with that. We’re going to let it heal and see where it’s at. We’re hopeful it’ll heal the right way and he’ll be back with us in a matter of weeks.”

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Well got nothing to lose to let him try and heal on his own.

But the way he said, "we have better clarity" also makes me hope that docs truly have hope this could work out for us. We really need him to come back.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jaire to IR
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2021 15:54
Jaire to IR
Designated to Return status?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
09 Oct 2021 17:01
Drj820 wrote:
09 Oct 2021 15:54
Jaire to IR
Designated to Return status?
He can come back in 3 weeks. Unlimited players are allowed to return from IR.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I figured they would do this today. Earliest he can come back is at Glendale, AZ. Though I would be surprised if that happens.

The one thing I don't know how works is you can't technically practice until you're off IR right? I don't know if it's literally 3 weeks from today or if it's 3 games from today.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I am surprised we didn't make a play at Sherman and Gilmore ... Did we have cap issues if we got them?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
09 Oct 2021 21:42
I am surprised we didn't make a play at Sherman and Gilmore ... Did we have cap issues if we got them?
Correct. Gilmore for sure, we could not trade for him. Only option was if he was released.
RIP JustJeff