Rodgers out with covid

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:41
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:38
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:35

You are such a chore.

Well, when you do catch up, let us know.
Dude, you went with the snark right out of the gate, so $%@# that and your chore business. Take ownership of your own &%$@. You know full well you started it. My original comment was in no way snarky or mean spirited.
OK. I started it. You done?
If you are, I am.

If we believe the rumor that Rodgers is not vaccinated then some &%$@ is going to hit the fan. Either he lied to the organization or the organization did not follow protocol. At this point, I am not going to believe in the rumors.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:40
Labrev wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:36
Why is Covid hitting us so hard? Is any other team having the same issue??
Apparrently it's been going through Brown County a lot the last month.
im sure its regional. Fortunately for the southern teams, they were hit hardest before the season and it has not moved to new geographical horizons.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:44
NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:38

Dude, you went with the snark right out of the gate, so $%@# that and your chore business. Take ownership of your own &%$@. You know full well you started it. My original comment was in no way snarky or mean spirited.
If you are, I am.

If we believe the rumor that Rodgers is not vaccinated then some &%$@ is going to hit the fan. Either he lied to the organization or the organization did not follow protocol. At this point, I am not going to believe in the rumors.
Yeah, hopefully the unvaccinated rumors aren't true, because if the above tweet is really the case, then I'm both pissed at Rodgers for completely ignoring protocols and the team for allowing him to ignore them.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
NCF wrote:

If you are, I am.

Yeah, hopefully the unvaccinated rumors aren't true, because if the above tweet is really the case, then I'm both pissed at Rodgers for completely ignoring protocols and the team for allowing him to ignore them.
I don't think we can call them rumors at this point. Rappoport tweeted it out pretty unequivocally. If he is wrong, then that is a BAD look for him. I have no reason to believe he is not 100% correct.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Some people still seem to be confused what's what. We won't know for sure until Rodgers or the team says something definitive. But I'll lay out what the facts seem to be.

*Rodgers was asked in August if he was vaccinated. His response was "Yeah, I'm immunized".
*Rodgers has tested positive for Covid. This isn't a close contact thing.
*Rodgers is NOT in fact, vaccinated per NFL guidelines.
*Per NFL guidelines, he isn't eligible to come back until Nov 13th. He must test clean and be asymptomatic to return.

The things that are up in the air right now..
*Was Rodgers lying about being vaccinated or dancing around it with his wording? Or maybe just confused about it at the time.
*Rodgers has not been wearing a mask on the sidelines when not playing. I've seen reports saying if unvaccinated he must, but also to the contrary.
*Is Rodgers following unvaccinated guidelines in the building? Reports he has, but there is some question.
*Is he following guidelines outside the building? It seems as if the answer is no at this point, but can't be sure. There can and will probably be fines if he hasn't been.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:51
Acrobat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

If you are, I am.

I don't think we can call them rumors at this point. Rappoport tweeted it out pretty unequivocally. If he is wrong, then that is a BAD look for him. I have no reason to believe he is not 100% correct.
True. Plus, he wouldn't have already been ruled out if he was vaccinated.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

If you are, I am.

Then you would need to believe Rodgers either lied to the organization or that the organization made an exception for Rodgers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:53
NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Then you would need to believe Rodgers either lied to the organization or that the organization made an exception for Rodgers.
I don't know which would upset me more.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:29
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:14
go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:10
I really thought this was a strong possibility once Benkert was out.
Surprised it took a positive test for the news to break. I have a hard time believing there were no contact issues between Benkert and Rodgers, even though it was reported Benkert was out of practice on Monday.
Rodgers vaccinated so close contact would not matter in the protocol.
"immunized", not 'Vaccinated"

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Time for Love to "arrive" like Zeke did in the 60s. Including winning big games if necessary.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Um, I really need to go back and look at all the things said here about Cousin's not being vaccinated.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:

How do we know this one is a fact? Rapaport's tweet?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Half Empty wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:29
NCF wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:14

Surprised it took a positive test for the news to break. I have a hard time believing there were no contact issues between Benkert and Rodgers, even though it was reported Benkert was out of practice on Monday.
Rodgers vaccinated so close contact would not matter in the protocol.
"immunized", not 'Vaccinated"
I get the word play, it might be, but there is a whole host of other things that Rodgers has as a vaccinated player.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

If you are, I am.

I feel if you are entering protocols, the report should be that you are entering protocols. The details of that should be left up for people to wonder. I have a BIG problem with the details of individuals health decisions or even whether they are positive or just close contact being reported for the public in the media.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Surely some kind of discipline needs to be handed out to Rodgers for not following protocols.

Hope he had fun at his Halloween party, where he obviously wasn't thinking about how important the "G" on his helmet was.
Last edited by Acrobat on 03 Nov 2021 10:59, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:53
Correct. I don't know exactly what happened, but I do believe the truth is going to come out of one of those two buckets.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 10:56
paco wrote:

How do we know this one is a fact? Rapaport's tweet?
I'll give you that. Until we see the official call from the Packers or NFL that he's out, this is still just a rumor. I know you are clinging to not believing the rumor. But looking pretty bad now. Would be better for everyone if it is a bad rumor.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

We get a preview of the Packers without Aaron Rodgers.

I’m not necessarily going to judge Love by the win or loss but more on how he plays. It’ll be his first NFL start. I hope he shows us something.
Love is the answer…

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

am I to believe as stringent as the NFL is concerning covid, and the protocol concerning vaccinated and un vaccinated requirements that they would just take your word, or would they require vaccinated players to show there vaccination card, which every vaccinated person gets to prove this stuff.

here we are believing people like Rappoport, Shefter, and all the other ink salesman versus our QB and Packer staff in charge of these issues.

no one wants to say it, but just look at the vaccination rates for northern WI and the U P, barely 50 % thats why covid is spiking again in our part of the country.