Packers Next Stadium

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Nov 2021 10:02
go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2021 06:32
Yeah Lambeau Field being lazy, old and dull is the one thing that REALLY bums me out of being a Packers fan because I am not that at all. It also honestly has stopped my passion for going to Lambeau Field because every time I go I get told to sit down. I didn't spend $200 to be told how to fan.

I became a Packers fan in the 90s because well, everyone knows why. It was the team to love and as I got to know the Packers story more and how passionate fans are, I loved them even more

....and then I went to Lambeau. The first experience was awesome because it was so eye opening and the stadium and Atrium/Hall of Fame are just so cool. But then the more I traveled elsewhere, I saw just how lazy and rude Packers fans are to fellow Packers fans who want to make Lambeau Field a home field advantage.

And I got to say. This part bothers me. A lot. I am incredibly jealous of the atmosphere that Arrowhead, CenturyLink and Metradome/US Bank Stadium has. It's a real advantage and we don't take advantage of that. And honestly I get even more upset at the excuse of "those stadiums pump in sound". Because that just excuses Lambeau for being lame.

And I know this will never change. I mean there were complaints when coach would bring it up. The winningest coach in Packers history can't even get people to stand up while on defense unless it is a big 3rd down in the 4th quarter. :roll:
Dull????? WTHRUTA? :thwap: :argue:

Civility has merits as well.
I love everything and I mean everything about Lambeau. I have been to 11 stadiums and Lambeau by far is the best in the league for the exception one thing: Crowd enthusiasm while on defense. There are some sections that are better than others.

But Lambeau is the only stadium I have ever been told to sit down while around other Packers fans. (BTW, Away Packers fans are an absolute riot to enjoy games with. They freaking bring it to road games). It was honestly so crazy to prominently hear Go Pack Go chants in Glendale Arizona vs the Cardinals more than watching games at Lambeau on TV.

So yes. My civility goes away when my fellow Packers fans try to dampen the momentum, enthusiasm, and energy of one of my most favorite things in this world.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

I typically go to 1 game per year and have noticed a change in favor of allowing standing and crowd noise recently.

About 10 years ago I got pulled up to the walkway by security and was told that stadium cameras identified me and my group as standing and people were complaining and received a warning for it. Quite the mind boggle frankly.

Now at a different game, when they told me to get away from the rail and stop yelling “we want the ball and we’re gonna score” repeatedly to Matt Hasslebeck while he was on the bench that was more understandable:)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Does security still get involved with making people sit? I thought that went away a few years back?

I've been to about a dozen or so games at Lambeau in my lifetime. Can't remember ever being told to sit down...and I (and my posse) stand a lot. We're either a) sitting in the right section to holler our brains out or b) too drunk to notice or care if someone is calling for us to sit down. In either case, I'm good with it.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
24 Nov 2021 11:11
Does security still get involved with making people sit? I thought that went away a few years back?

I've been to about a dozen or so games at Lambeau in my lifetime. Can't remember ever being told to sit down...and I (and my posse) stand a lot. We're either a) sitting in the right section to holler our brains out or b) too drunk to notice or care if someone is calling for us to sit down. In either case, I'm good with it.
[mention]BF004[/mention] and I had seats on the Packers 50, Row 1, a few years back and security told us to sit or get tossed.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Nov 2021 16:51
APB wrote:

@BF004 and I had seats on the Packers 50, Row 1, a few years back and security told us to sit or get tossed.
there much rougher on on people like you :rotf: :rotf: ( kidding)

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I've only ever been to one game at Lambeau and I was in the very last row, so I had no experience with being told to sit. That was also in 1996. I guess I'm due for a return.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

At my age, when at Lambeau these days I now just try to intently watch the game, and block out the extra stuff. If I have stand up, I'll stand up. If the need arises to make noise, I'll make noise.
Different story when I was younger.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Nov 2021 18:21
At my age, when at Lambeau these days I now just try to intently watch the game, and block out the extra stuff. If I have stand up, I'll stand up. If the need arises to make noise, I'll make noise.
Different story when I was younger.
The need to make noise arises when the clock starts ticking down from 15:00…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Nov 2021 17:58
I've only ever been to one game at Lambeau and I was in the very last row, so I had no experience with being told to sit. That was also in 1996. I guess I'm due for a return.
In 1996 the last row at Lambeau was prime seating.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Nov 2021 19:26
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Nov 2021 17:58
In 1996 the last row at Lambeau was prime seating.
Only seats in the house with a wall you can lean back against! haha

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just don't understand how "diehard Packers fans" can see how much of an advantage US Bank Stadium, CenturyLink and Arrowhead are for the Vikes, Chiefs, Hawks, etc. and be like...."yeah I don't want that for my team that bad. So I will instead complain about that person in front of me rather than just put some weight on my knees and use my vocal chords."

....oh and you better believe I will call in the Packers post game show complaining that our defense had no energy. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

WTH did I fall asleep again! It can’t be April Fools Day? :poke:
GO PACK GO!!!

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

NCF wrote:
24 Nov 2021 16:51
APB wrote:

@BF004 and I had seats on the Packers 50, Row 1, a few years back and security told us to sit or get tossed.
We’ve been going to gold package games since 2001. Our seats are in section 136 (south EZ). The guys to the left of us and the right are individual ticket holders. It’s pretty obvious that the ticket holders in front of us are corporate ticket seats or some owner that sells tix for profit. There is always someone different sitting in these seats. Often time they are clueless about stand/sit courtesy. We just start saying, “seats! seats! seats!” And they eventually get it. Not the worst problem to have in life… The guys around us are great fun!! Makes the game even MORE enjoyable!! GO PACK GO!!! is my favorite cheer.

I wish all Packer fans could experience a great game at Lambeau Field.
GO PACK GO!!!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

GJPackerBacker wrote: Often time they are clueless about stand/sit courtesy. We just start saying, “seats! seats! seats!” And they eventually get it.
What exactly is the stand/sit courtesy rule?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
25 Nov 2021 06:33
GJPackerBacker wrote: Often time they are clueless about stand/sit courtesy. We just start saying, “seats! seats! seats!” And they eventually get it.
My question too. Where is this rule in writing by Lambeau Security / Ushers? What are the enforcement processes?

The WAVE is in violation if it is a violation.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
25 Nov 2021 06:52
APB wrote:
My question too. Where is this rule in writing by Lambeau Security / Ushers? What are the enforcement processes?

Did I use the word rule?

It is a “courtesy” that when EVERYONE around you is sitting you sit down so that those behind you can experience the full value of their ticket. Isn’t that simple enough? Don’t be selfish.

Do you like it when the fan in front of you is wearing a cheesehead topped with a SB ring topped with a Lombardi trophy? Does that enhance your La La Lambeau experience? It’s just common sense. Something that had been lost in our society today.

I’d say it’s more about courtesy and an usher shouldn’t have to remind the Greatest Fans in the World about that. :thwap:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
GO PACK GO!!!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:04
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
APB wrote:

Did I use the word rule?

It is a “courtesy” that when EVERYONE around you is sitting you sit down so that those behind you can experience the full value of their ticket. Isn’t that simple enough? Don’t be selfish.

Do you like it when the fan in front of you is wearing a cheesehead topped with a SB ring topped with a Lombardi trophy? Does that enhance your La La Lambeau experience? It’s just common sense. Something that had been lost in our society today.

I’d say it’s more about courtesy and an usher shouldn’t have to remind the Greatest Fans in the World about that. :thwap:

same to you GJ

well said, people shouldn't have to ask others to sit down, common courtesy, unless there is something to clap or be excited about simply plant your ass in the seat so others behind can sit and watch the game, not everyone is a 30 year old, or strong enough to stand for 3 hours.
Last edited by Yoop on 09 Dec 2021 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:04
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
APB wrote:

Did I use the word rule?

You’re right, I shouldn’t have said rule. But to your point:

I think this “courtesy” you speak of also ignores the value those “one-and-done” ticket fans (or season ticket fans for that matter) who are seeking their own ultimate game-day experience. I doubt many fans purchase farcically above face value seats, make cross-country treks, and brave the elements only to sit on their duffs for three hours, albeit with the occasional exception to stand to cheer when deemed “appropriate” like they’re at a golf tournament.

I know the games I have attended were spent mostly standing and hollering our brains out - along with the rest in my section - while the game was active and we’d conversely sit and relax during the possession changes and TV timeouts. I guess I’ve just been lucky in that those sections I’ve been part of shared a similar level of fan enthusiasm.

It doesn’t sound like I’d be very well liked sitting in your section. To each their own, though.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Nobody is asking you to stand for 3 hours.

Just stand while the defense is on the field. Bring them energy. It's likely 30 to 45 minutes of standing max. We see how much an edge it gives the Vikings and Chiefs edge rushers because they can jump the snap count. Why Packers fans don't want that for their team blows my mind.

When the coach of the Green Bay Packers said his first training camp that Lambeau Field needs to be louder so we have a home field advantage...it's a problem. I was just overall really impressed he had the balls to speak up about it.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

why have seats then, ya wanna stand for 3 hours Lambeau has a section for you up in that 700 section.