Here's Johnny!! (Ghosts of Playoffs Past: Part I 49ers) DIV RD

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
23 Jan 2022 11:17
Well @salmar80 ? How are we breaking this tie?
I'll go over the all the picks made by the tied competitors, the one whose picks got the most votes over the season wins. It takes a fair bit of time, not doing it today.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Gary for sure.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I got a bone to pick with Packfn23.

He picked Benkurt thinking it would avert the curse.

Except what was Benkurt's original number?

And who was involved in our STs gafs?

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

DAMN IT! Sorry!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jan 2022 11:48
DAMN IT! Sorry!
I'm still fuming from DrJ's premature celebration last night too.

I did that after Morgan Burnett's INT in 2014 and never forgave myself. Or forgot about it.

I know the Packers playoffs curses.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I also have to apologize for something. Right before that blocked punt, I said to my Dad, "Ugh, there's gonna be a TD here; here it comes". I just thought it would be on a return, not a block. From my mouth to the football gods ears... :(
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I had red and yellow underwear on yesterday. Closer to Chiefs colors, but I shouldn't have tempted fate. I figured my fat but farting in there throughout the game was enough to have the 49ers put up a stinker. But went the wrong way. I should've changed. This loss is on me. Sorry.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I did everything right. I left nothing to chance.

I don't know what to believe in anymore.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I saw this outcome in a dream I had a couple of weeks ago: at home, playoffs, playing against the 49ers... they win. I saw snow, I saw Rodgers struggling to get much done. I feel like I saw a higher score though, closer to 17-14 or so, but yeah.

That was ahead of the SF-DAL game. When I saw that San Fran won and would be our matchup, I was like... $%@#. I just hoped it was a nothing dream, not foresight. The beginning of the game made me hopeful that I would be wrong, but alas.

'Feels to me like it was written in time somewhere, nothing you folks could have done about it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Gary gets the splash plays but Clark was in the backfield all game facing double teams. He is just as good as Donald in my opinion. Next year Slaton can play more and they can move Clark around to take advantage of matchups.

Not taking anything away from Gary's performance, I'm just so impressed by Clark and what he does for our defense. I'm really excited for next year's defense if they keep Campbell and Douglas.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Clark and others played great on Defense, but Gary stole the show, he gets my vote.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2022 11:47
I got a bone to pick with Packfn23.

He picked Benkurt thinking it would avert the curse.

Except what was Benkurt's original number?

And who was involved in our STs gafs?

What exactly bad did our punter do on Saturday?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
23 Jan 2022 16:01
I had red and yellow underwear on yesterday. Closer to Chiefs colors, but I shouldn't have tempted fate. I figured my fat but farting in there throughout the game was enough to have the 49ers put up a stinker. But went the wrong way. I should've changed. This loss is on me. Sorry.
:lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 06:03
Gary gets the splash plays but Clark was in the backfield all game facing double teams. He is just as good as Donald in my opinion. Next year Slaton can play more and they can move Clark around to take advantage of matchups.

Not taking anything away from Gary's performance, I'm just so impressed by Clark and what he does for our defense. I'm really excited for next year's defense if they keep Campbell and Douglas.
Yup. I hope we can keep the core of this defense together going forward. Don't they say defense wins championships? Along with our running game and OL this could be a recipe for success with Love instead of Rodgers in 2022+.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jan 2022 11:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
DAMN IT! Sorry!

I did that after Morgan Burnett's INT in 2014 and never forgave myself. Or forgot about it.

my celebration wasnt premature. Despite the defense being sabotoged by 3 and outs and STs...that was the best playoffs performance ive seen in a decade from the Packers defense. And my comment was directly referring to the 4th and 1 stop in which they saved us for that moment. Comment still stands.
Last edited by Drj820 on 24 Jan 2022 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gary

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 07:59
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
DAMN IT! Sorry!

my celebration wasnt premature. Despite the defense being sabotoged by 3 and outs and STs...that was the best playoffs performance ive seen in a decade from the Packers defense. And my comment was directly referring to the 4th and 1 stop in which they saved us for that moment. Comment still stands.
Gawd that was awesome wasn't?

That defense was so fun last Saturday.

I don't get why so many say this wasn't a top brutal loss. This one hurts me on a super high level.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jan 2022 08:04
Drj820 wrote:
24 Jan 2022 07:59
go pak go wrote:

Gawd that was awesome wasn't?

That defense was so fun last Saturday.

I don't get why so many say this wasn't a top brutal loss. This one hurts me on a super high level.
I honestly do feel awful for them. Much like bills fans should shed a tear for Josh Allens performance last night going to waste. Joe Barry and the defense deserved better. They were amazing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Who has said that?????
why would you think this loss isn't hurting others as much as it is hurting you? we all realize that next year may produce a completely different looking offense, that it's very likely we have seen the last of Rodgers, Adams, and possibly 3 or more other team stars, we have talked over and over the consequences of a loss, and our chances to bring home a trophy this year or for several seasons to come, your young, what about us older fans who may never ever see the G&G win another one, quit acting like your the only one upset over this loss :?:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jan 2022 08:19
go pak go wrote:
Who has said that?????
why would you think this loss isn't hurting others as much as it is hurting you? we all realize that next year may produce a completely different looking offense, that it's very likely we have seen the last of Rodgers, Adams, and possibly 3 or more other team stars, we have talked over and over the consequences of a loss, and our chances to bring home a trophy this year or for several seasons to come, your young, what about us older fans who may never ever see the G&G win another one, quit acting like your the only one upset over this loss :?:
you like to fight don't you.
Yoop wrote: