Davante To Da Raidas for picks 22 and 53

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I’m sorry to see Tae go. But it’s a good deal for him (understatement).

It’s a great deal for the Pack! I’m thinking that Guty has seen this day coming. He has a plan to fill the whole.

I don’t want to go into 2022 without a better WR option than Lazard/MVS and we need another TE (two if we lose T’onion).

Keep the faith. Guty will make good things happen.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Watching Davante was a pleasure and a priviledge. He made himself the best route runner I've seen, and we've had a lot of good ones. :salute:

But he will not be able to produce so much as to be worth a 1st, a 2nd and 28+M a year. He'd have to break all records. This has the feel of when da Bears traded for Mack: Khalil played well, but there was no way he was gonna be worth the trade cost PLUS the megadeal.

For the Packers, we are paying a lot of premium position guys, we gotta be cheap somewhere. Having 4 picks in first two rounds helps immensely. Gutey now has draft ammo to move around and target pro-ready prospects if he wishes.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Looking squarely at Adams, isn't he 30 years old now? Even for a guy who is supremely conditioned and healthy, a five year deal isn't gonna happen. (Let him prove that wrong.) Is he likely to play 3 years? Probably. But at $28M/year, the Raiders are doing Raider things.

Green Bay really got the much better end of the deal.

While the Chiefs, Chargers, and Broncos are the top of their division and all seem to be fairly strong, this might actually be a good time for the Raiders to re-build, if ever they were gonna. Instead, they are retooling. Good luck to them. But it's gonna be a tough road ahead.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Wow. :shock: Great. :aok: And we can even get immediate help bc of an early 1st rounder, right? But there‘s one odd thing: is that not a slap into #12‘s face? Could this become a problem for our #12 diva? I mean he has not extended yet, right?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The last dance was more about Jordan brand athlete D Adams than 12, who knew!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:03
Wow. :shock: Great. :aok: And we can even get immediate help bc of an early 1st rounder, right? But there‘s one odd thing: is that not a slap into #12‘s face? Could this become a problem for our #12 diva? I mean he has not extended yet, right?
It's the 22nd pick. Not that early.
Early draft picks do not equal immediate impact.
And I could care less about Rodgers at this point.

He and Tae had 3 years and did nothing in all three seasons when we lost in the postseason. They both are getting paid absolutely ridiculous contracts and, Rodgers especially, made it where the Packers don't really have a lot of wiggle room to pay all his friends because Rodgers is taking all the money.

Rodgers is a big boy. He can handle it. He has anywhere from 150 to 200 million reasons to handle it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I got the feeling that Adams was never into the Packer tradition and he didn't really embrace Wisconsin the way some of the other players have. I also think the weather was part of it.

Also, I love how the pundits are saying how pissed Rodgers must be now. Saying he can't win without Adams. I would say they didn't win a Super Bowl with Adams so it wasn't like he was the edge they needed. Put the money into the defense and run the ball more.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the tag and packers waiting to see what Rodgers was going to do instead of taking care of 17 last year really soured Adams view of Packers. Cant blame him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

packman114 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:17
I got the feeling that Adams was never into the Packer tradition and he didn't really embrace Wisconsin the way some of the other players have. I also think the weather was part of it.

Also, I love how the pundits are saying how pissed Rodgers must be now. Saying he can't win without Adams. I would say they didn't win a Super Bowl with Adams so it wasn't like he was the edge they needed. Put the money into the defense and run the ball more.
Adams was a great Packer and has been underpaid. Packers slow played paying him while waiting on Rodgers and you think this is about Adams not being into tradition?

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:19
I think the tag and packers waiting to see what Rodgers was going to do instead of taking care of 17 last year really soured Adams view of Packers. Cant blame him.
If it pissed off Adams to the point that we ended up getting this trade then it was worth it.

Packers have never liked to overpay (or overdraft) WR. It's seems to be a philosophical thing going back over a decade.

Among the many reasons we lost the last two playoff defeats has been getting away from the run and Rodgers seeming to get tunnel vision with Adams while others were open.

We needed to break those bad habits. It's going to be fun to see Jones and Dillon doing their thing. Less Hero Ball. More Shanny style outside zone.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

packman114 wrote:

I don't agree here at all. Adams was all in every time he took the field and was the consummate pro off the field. He represented himself and the Packers with pride and professionalism. I'd be curious what examples of ignoring Packer tradition and not embracing the team or GB you are referring to?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:40
packman114 wrote:

I don't agree here at all. Adams was all in every time he took the field and was the consummate pro off the field. He represented himself and the Packers with pride and professionalism. I'd be curious what examples of ignoring Packer tradition and not embracing the team or GB you are referring to?
Lofton left before winning a championship .......... Adams left before winning a championship. Eh, So what, it's a business (I hate that attitude). I feel for Sterling the most. :argue:
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 18 Mar 2022 06:48, edited 2 times in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Adams earned the right to set his grandkids up with generational wealth. How could I hate on him taking advantage?

Everyone wondered what Rodgers thought of the STs clownery, maybe 17 had seen enough shortcomings in GB to make him want to try somewhere else.

I love davante. I’m happy for him.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:48
Adams earned the right to set his grandkids up with generational wealth. How could I hate on him taking advantage?

Everyone wondered what Rodgers thought of the STs clownery, maybe 17 had seen enough shortcomings in GB to make him want to try somewhere else.

I love davante. I’m happy for him.
Right ........... as previously stated ..... maybe Davante knows something or things we don't.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:46
APB wrote:
18 Mar 2022 06:40
packman114 wrote:

Lofton left before winning a championship .......... Adams left before winning a championship. Eh, So what, it's a business (I hate that attitude). I feel for Sterling the most. :argue:
I am gonna pretend I understand WTF you're talking about in regard to responding to my post and just give you a thumbs up.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This really isn't that difficult. People need to settle down and realize this. Adams could not pass up the opportunity to be able to play with his favorite team. He has been and has always been a Raider fan and wanted to play for them. On top of that, his long time friend and former QB is there.

As circumstances played out, it became a situation where it was between the Raiders (who were willing to give the compensation GB was ok with) and the Packers at the same money.

It has been confirmed, BY ADAMS' AGENTS, that he took LESS money, to go to the Raiders.

It is not always about money for players. It is not always about the best team/situation/winning for players. I guarantee you there are a lot of people on this forum and other Packers forums, that if given the chance to play in the NFL, would take less money to play for the Packers.

Lets put all the other conspiracy theories to rest. Adams went and fulfilled his boyhood dream while making bank. Best of luck to him. Thanks for the memories #17. And sorry that yoop and at least 50% of fans anywhere will continue to spell your name wrong.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we saw this coming months ago, just didn't pay attention to the signs, we did everything possible to get a tag on Tae, prior he bought a house in vegas, the goal all along was to first lock in Rodgers, then Tag and trade Adams, mission accomplished.

this draft allows us to use the compensation we just got from this trade to draft a couple young receivers, or use a pick in a trade for a established vet, time to give Rodgers some new toys.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
18 Mar 2022 07:20
we saw this coming months ago, just didn't pay attention to the signs, we did everything possible to get a tag on Tae, prior he bought a house in vegas, the goal all along was to first lock in Rodgers, then Tag and trade Adams, mission accomplished.

this draft allows us to use the compensation we just got from this trade to draft a couple young receivers, or use a pick in a trade for a established vet, time to give Rodgers some new toys.
No, I think the goal was to tag him and still convince him to stay. With plan B to trade him. But yes, this was set in motion a while ago. Signs were acknowledged but largely ignored. No one thought Rodgers would come back without Adams. Turns out he was fine with it.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
18 Mar 2022 07:17
This really isn't that difficult. People need to settle down and realize this. Adams could not pass up the opportunity to be able to play with his favorite team. He has been and has always been a Raider fan and wanted to play for them. On top of that, his long time friend and former QB is there.

As circumstances played out, it became a situation where it was between the Raiders (who were willing to give the compensation GB was ok with) and the Packers at the same money.

It has been confirmed, BY ADAMS' AGENTS, that he took LESS money, to go to the Raiders.

It is not always about money for players. It is not always about the best team/situation/winning for players. I guarantee you there are a lot of people on this forum and other Packers forums, that if given the chance to play in the NFL, would take less money to play for the Packers.

Lets put all the other conspiracy theories to rest. Adams went and fulfilled his boyhood dream while making bank. Best of luck to him. Thanks for the memories #17. And sorry that yoop and at least 50% of fans anywhere will continue to spell your name wrong.
Not sure I understand this. Is it conspiratorial to think the Adams outplayed his last contract and then was asked to basically sit on the backburner while the org acquiesced about Rodgers and his future for almost two years? I mean Lafleur basically cried in a presser talking about how much 12 meant to the team, while never saying a word about Adams. I think that stuff was a factor. I think it just didnt seem like a factor because Davante handled the situation with honor and was a good sport throughout.

In the end I think it worked out for both sides. But no, I dont think if the Packers tried to take care of him last season that Davante would have just rejected them and basically said he was dead set on going to Raiders. I think that great option for him became a reality after the way the situation in GB played out.

But like some have said, its fine. Adams is almost 30. Its not cool to give 30 year olds 5 year deals.