Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:20
Realist wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:18
APB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:07

Yeah, Rodgers play relative to his contract is gonna be a huge hindrance. Having that contractual albatross hanging around the organization’s neck is gonna make adding quality players a challenge going forward.

I guess I’m more disappointed than anything. The expectations for this year were so high but there’s under-achievement all over the roster. Coaching, players, execution, adjustments. It’s been a complete failure thus far even in the wins. Pretty deflating for us fans.
Keep that in mind when we keep extending players for crazy money. We had a chance to move Rodgers. Now we are stuck in limbo for years. We also offered Adam's crazy money. Bad business for a team with no owner. Except for stockholders of course.
Don’t forget Bakh
I didn't. And Alexander. And then Gary and Jenkins upcoming. Keep the band together.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:00
bud fox wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:33
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
Rbs good but just not that valuable
What part of QB or RBs looked good today?

Rodgers was off all day, couldn’t throw in rhythm, very inaccurate throughout missed open WRs all day, RBs couldn’t pick a hole or break a tackle or catch or take handoffs.

Not sure how every level doesn’t get a poor.
Referencing units not today's game ... I should've specified

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Hey guys. No discredit to the teams the Packers have faced, but this Packer team is just plain BAD.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers says offense needs to simplify scheme In order to be able to execute it.

I’m personally shocked simplifying the scheme wasn’t an automatic step one as soon as we decided to run the offense with rookie WRs and Hammy Watkins
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:43
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
16 Oct 2022 07:18
This is the least excited I've been for a game in a while
Sorry to quote myself, but it's meant to say that I think we can all say that we saw this coming if we are honest with ourselves. You could argue that we only deserved to beat the Bears this year. Really is a shame how it fell apart so fast, I really can't explain it.

And now we have Rodgers nuclear bomb contract waiting to erupt.

I'm not even mad, I'm defeated. It'll be a while before I'm excited for a Packers game again and that makes me really sad
We all knew this sustained success all these years wasn't going to last forever.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:17
Wonder how Gutey feels giving Rodgers 50m, while he then goes of and does hallucigenics in the off-season instead of showing up at OTAs, and then comes back and looks average.

Rodgers should have been traded. He would have been if Love had shown himself to be worth a dam.
This is the problem. Gute reached for an average QB so he almost had to give AR that contract extension. He then compounded the problem by not drafting a WR earlier - unless he couldn't find a trading partner to move up. Watkins got hurt - again - and Gute didn't go after any other FA WRs. So here we are with a crappy offense.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Realist wrote:
APB wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

Sorry to quote myself, but it's meant to say that I think we can all say that we saw this coming if we are honest with ourselves. You could argue that we only deserved to beat the Bears this year. Really is a shame how it fell apart so fast, I really can't explain it.

I'm not even mad, I'm defeated. It'll be a while before I'm excited for a Packers game again and that makes me really sad
Yeah, Rodgers play relative to his contract is gonna be a huge hindrance. Having that contractual albatross hanging around the organization’s neck is gonna make adding quality players a challenge going forward.

I guess I’m more disappointed than anything. The expectations for this year were so high but there’s under-achievement all over the roster. Coaching, players, execution, adjustments. It’s been a complete failure thus far even in the wins. Pretty deflating for us fans.
Keep that in mind when we keep extending players for crazy money. We had a chance to move Rodgers. Now we are stuck in limbo for years. We also offered Adam's crazy money. Bad business for a team with no owner. Except for stockholders of course.
It makes you wonder if Adams saw the writing on the wall. We offered him more money than the Raiders did and he turned it down. Of course LV isn't setting the league on fire either.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We had two first round picks last year and stayed put. How helpful has wyatt been this season?

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Pugger wrote:
16 Oct 2022 18:06
Realist wrote:
APB wrote:

It makes you wonder if Adams saw the writing on the wall. We offered him more money than the Raiders did and he turned it down. Of course LV isn't setting the league on fire either.
I think Adam's just wanted to go closer to home. Gb ain't for everyone.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Realist wrote:
16 Oct 2022 18:32
Pugger wrote:
16 Oct 2022 18:06
Realist wrote:

I think Adam's just wanted to go closer to home. Gb ain't for everyone.
Adams would have stayed if he knew Rodgers was going to play forever and there wasn’t Rodgers drama two years in a row. Adams didn’t want his future in Loves hands. Understandable.

Any other reason given is cap.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
:rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

I'm not gonna let the sh*tty team ruin my Sundays. I'm still cooking food and enjoying game day regardless.

But lordy this team is awful.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:37
kyle.mccarroll wrote:
kyle.mccarroll wrote:

I'm not gonna let the sh*tty team ruin my Sundays. I'm still cooking food and enjoying game day regardless.

But lordy this team is awful.
When the head cheerleader jumps ship colored me concerned.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:35
bud fox wrote:
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
QB who is back to back MVP and beat rated passer of all time isn't good?

Don't embarress yourself.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Captain_Ben wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:34
Can they not come out flat and play all 4 quarters at a high level? Will Barry abandon the zone? Will LaCoach go with a running game plan for a change? Will the blitz be used to "game change" the defense. These are the things I'll be watching for.
I am expecting a postgame report from you about which of these boxes the team ended up checking.
No game change D that's for sure. Embarrassing again. Boo birds were out!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:57
Captain_Ben wrote:
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
13 Oct 2022 16:34
Can they not come out flat and play all 4 quarters at a high level? Will Barry abandon the zone? Will LaCoach go with a running game plan for a change? Will the blitz be used to "game change" the defense. These are the things I'll be watching for.
I am expecting a postgame report from you about which of these boxes the team ended up checking.
The boo birds should be out. Fans at the game are paying their money and more importantly fly their time to watch an awful product.

I’ve said this in the past but without an owner it’s on the fans to put pressure on this organization and hold them accountable. Otherwise you have a Ted Thompson in charge for far longer than he should running the team into the ground.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:02
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:57
Captain_Ben wrote:

The boo birds should be out. Fans at the game are paying their money and more importantly fly their time to watch an awful product.

I’ve said this in the past but without an owner it’s on the fans to put pressure on this organization and hold them accountable. Otherwise you have a Ted Thompson in charge for far longer than he should running the team into the ground.
For christz sakes lupe. There is a waiting list of 30000 for season tickets and fans buy phoney shares ,of the team for 250 a pop. I don't see a revolt coming for a bit.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:48
go pak go wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good

D'Vondre Campbell was an All Pro last year too but that doesn't really matter this year does it. David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are All Pro Offensive linemen and that too doesn't matter this year.

Aaron Rodgers was bad today. He has been bad all year. He over threw Doubs on 4th down and couldn't even hit the easy ones like a wide open Dillon in the flat on a 2nd and 3.

Are his supporting cast members good? Absolutely not. But using that as a crutch to defend clearly poor play at the quarterback position is laughable.

Your barometer is "outplaying" the opposing QB. Wilson outplayed Rodgers today. And Wilson played bad football for most of the game too.

Like the plays were so bad.

The ball to Doubs on a slot fade on 4th and 1. Overthrows by 2 yards.
The ball to Jones down the sideline that is a TD if hit right....misses by 3 yards being short and to the sideline.
He has 8 yards of running room on a right side roll out and instead thrwos a 12 yard pass into double coverage.
Underthrows Tonyan which almost results in a pick 6.
Overthrows Dillon all day.
And as usual stalls and even loses yards once the offense gets within the 33 to 40 yardline of Jets territory.

He had two great throws to Lazard. But other than that this dude was simply horrible today. And this is becoming a trend.
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:39
bud fox wrote:
go pak go wrote:

D'Vondre Campbell was an All Pro last year too but that doesn't really matter this year does it. David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are All Pro Offensive linemen and that too doesn't matter this year.

Aaron Rodgers was bad today. He has been bad all year. He over threw Doubs on 4th down and couldn't even hit the easy ones like a wide open Dillon in the flat on a 2nd and 3.

Are his supporting cast members good? Absolutely not. But using that as a crutch to defend clearly poor play at the quarterback position is laughable.

Your barometer is "outplaying" the opposing QB. Wilson outplayed Rodgers today. And Wilson played bad football for most of the game too.

The ball to Jones down the sideline that is a TD if hit right....misses by 3 yards being short and to the sideline.
He has 8 yards of running room on a right side roll out and instead thrwos a 12 yard pass into double coverage.
And as usual stalls and even loses yards once the offense gets within the 33 to 40 yardline of Jets territory.

He had two great throws to Lazard. But other than that this dude was simply horrible today. And this is becoming a trend.
Right. I never understood the he was good last year or whatever blah blah blah. He has been bad in 2022. Yes he's going to the hall but right now... When it matters he's playing like a back up. That's the facts. AR has been trash in 2022 and he doesn't see it.

Can he get out of this funk I think so but he needs a hard look in the mirror and an ego check

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:02
go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:39
bud fox wrote:

Right. I never understood the he was good last year or whatever blah blah blah. He has been bad in 2022. Yes he's going to the hall but right now... When it matters he's playing like a back up. That's the facts. AR has been trash in 2022 and he doesn't see it.

Can he get out of this funk I think so but he needs a hard look in the mirror and an ego check
he said after the game he needs to play a "tick" better. Lol

Hopefully we have different definitions of "tick".

On one hand I give 12 some sympathy because no QB looks good with a bottom 5 WR unit and no time to throw, on the hand I do not feel bad for him seeing that he demanded 50million dollars.

Its like dude, you ate up a quarter of the cap, figure it out.