Packers @ Broncos GDT: Sunday, Oct. 22nd, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:55
Pugger wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:33
bud fox wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:26
Following this forum for a while I am shocked.

I really thought Rodgers was holding this team back.

I don't get what is happening.
I'm beginning to believe it is coaching. MLF doesn't inspire confidence and Barry is a joke.
Believe it. There is little to look forward to with this regime of coaches. What's scary is that the defense is less of a problem than the offense.
Both sides of the ball have issues. Your D shouldn't allow a lousy offense like there is in Denver to drive down the field after we get the lead late.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:59
Pugger wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:51
go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:50

Have a 2 back set on 2nd and 20 and 3rd and 20?
Have them both out there to start the drive especially with Musgrave out.
Pugger. What are you complaining about? To start the drive?

We were fantastic to start the drive.

The game was lost when Jenkins got called for the hold. A lack of Jones had nothing to do with losing.
That holding call was a killer. I just thought it would have been interesting to see both backs out there when your starting TE was out.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scapegoats are falling. Rodgers is gone. Barry has led a defense well enough to win the last two games.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Oct 2023 20:02
Scapegoats are falling. Rodgers is gone. Barry has led a defense well enough to win the last two games.
100% - Def Coordinators and Rodgers have always been the scapegoats.

Broncos have only scored less to the Raiders and Chiefs this year - Def held up its end of the bargain.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Oct 2023 17:42
I don’t know what the right call is for that Doubs TD, but I’ve never heard that whoever had the first two feet down stipulation before. Not to go against Statorie or whatever his name is, but I’m not sure that is right.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

BF004 wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:00
BF004 wrote:
I don’t know what the right call is for that Doubs TD, but I’ve never heard that whoever had the first two feet down stipulation before. Not to go against Statorie or whatever his name is, but I’m not sure that is right.

Was Gene saying it wasn't simultaneous because Broncos feet were down first?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:28
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

He said it should have been an interception because both had possession in the air but the defender had both feet down first.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:30
bud fox wrote:
22 Oct 2023 21:28
BF004 wrote:

He said it should have been an interception because both had possession in the air but the defender had both feet down first.
Yes, with the logic being the defender completed the catch (both feet down) first.

I had never heard that explanation before. I personally thought he was full of it when he said it and, after reviewing the posted definition above, I still think he’s full of it.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Cdragon wrote:
22 Oct 2023 11:32
We are a half a game back from 2 of the WC slots. We're WC contenders which is not much more than anybody thought it could be! :munch:
If the Packers continue to play like over the past few weeks they won't get anywhere close to a wild card spot.
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Oct 2023 16:56
Mark Murphy has done a terrific job developing the GB area but he has been terrible on the football side of decisions.
I truly hope Murphy isn't involved in football decisions.
German_Panzer wrote:
22 Oct 2023 17:01
Last time we lost scoreless was 12/30/2018 vs Lions. I cant remember it, I think it was a meaningless game, was it?
Yes, the Packers were already eliminated from playoff contention at that point. DeShone Kizer played the majority of the game at quarterback in that one.

It wasn't the last time the Packers were held scoreless in the first half though. That happened in the 2019 NFCCG at San Francisco.
Pugger wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:27
How many false starts and illegal procedures have we committed this year?
The Packers have committed a total of 10 false start penalties this season, third most in the league on a per game average. I don't have any information about illegal procedure ones.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

CWIMM wrote:
23 Oct 2023 08:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Oct 2023 16:56
Mark Murphy has done a terrific job developing the GB area but he has been terrible on the football side of decisions.
I truly hope Murphy isn't involved in football decisions.
You should. Him not being involved in football decisions is why we had a medically unfit GM in TT running the team into the ground.

He doesn’t need to be in charge of player personnel decisions but he damn well should be holding the person that does accountable and he’s already failed doing that once. Looks like he’s on course to repeat as well.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2023 10:41
You should. Him not being involved in football decisions is why we had a medically unfit GM in TT running the team into the ground.

He doesn’t need to be in charge of player personnel decisions but he damn well should be holding the person that does accountable and he’s already failed doing that once. Looks like he’s on course to repeat as well.
I agree that Murphy is responsible for the general manager being up to the task. But he shouldn't be involved in decisions made by the GM.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

CWIMM wrote:
24 Oct 2023 04:12
lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Oct 2023 10:41

I agree that Murphy is responsible for the general manager being up to the task. But he shouldn't be involved in decisions made by the GM.
He hired the coach as well. There’s plenty of blame to go around but at the end of the day Murphy is responsible.

Want to blame LaFleur? Murphy picked him. Want to blame Gutenbumst? Murphy picked him. Want to blame Love? Murphy hired the guy who picked him.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2023 06:38
He hired the coach as well. There’s plenty of blame to go around but at the end of the day Murphy is responsible.

Want to blame LaFleur? Murphy picked him. Want to blame Gutenbumst? Murphy picked him. Want to blame Love? Murphy hired the guy who picked him.
In my opinion you're taking the easy way out by just blaming Murphy for everything.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

CWIMM wrote:
25 Oct 2023 04:31
lupedafiasco wrote:

In my opinion you're taking the easy way out by just blaming Murphy for everything.
I don’t think I am. I have said for years now that Gutenbumst is an awful GM. AWFUL. I’ve tried educating the forum but it’s fallen on deaf ears besides yoop ironically.

I’ve said after the Buccs NFC championship that LaFleur isn’t the guy because his in game decision making, personnel choices, and game plan were all bad.

Murphy hired both. If we are going to fire Gutenbumst who is the real problem for what’s happening on the field he’s going to want his own coach anyways. When Murphy has to leave in a year he’s more than likely going to want his own GM that isn’t a moron.

Might as well clean house now.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Oct 2023 07:00
CWIMM wrote:
25 Oct 2023 04:31
lupedafiasco wrote:

I don’t think I am. I have said for years now that Gutenbumst is an awful GM. AWFUL. I’ve tried educating the forum but it’s fallen on deaf ears besides yoop ironically.

I’ve said after the Buccs NFC championship that LaFleur isn’t the guy because his in game decision making, personnel choices, and game plan were all bad.

Murphy hired both. If we are going to fire Gutenbumst who is the real problem for what’s happening on the field he’s going to want his own coach anyways. When Murphy has to leave in a year he’s more than likely going to want his own GM that isn’t a moron.

Might as well clean house now.
last time we did that was over 30 years ago, and then, only after 20 years of bottom feeding, so a full house cleansing is doubtful :dunno:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lafleur and Gute and Ball were all just extended last offseason. They aren’t going anywhere this offseason.

Those same 49ers who everyone likes to drool over stick with their staff after like a 2-14 season.

Being a copy cat league and given it would be insanely expensive (maybe pushing $100 million). After 3 straight 13 win seasons, they are all going to be back next year pretty much no questions asked.

Right or wrong, not an endorsement of them, just the business and $$ side says they will be here again. They got 15 months minimum to get back on track.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 07:56
Lafleur and Gute and Ball were all just extended last offseason. They aren’t going anywhere this offseason.

Those same 49ers who everyone likes to drool over stick with their staff after like a 2-14 season.

Being a copy cat league and given it would be insanely expensive (maybe pushing $100 million). After 3 straight 13 win seasons, they are all going to be back next year pretty much no questions asked.

Right or wrong, not an endorsement of them, just the business and $$ side says they will be here again. They got 15 months minimum to get back on track.
we do seem stuck with these guys.

are those contracts guaranteed? I tend to think how Love does matters for Gutekunst, how Barry does matters for Lafuer, plus some of the play calling.

I questioned why everyone was given raises in the first place, could it have been just a gift from a soon to retire president, I have questions concerning a lot of stuff since the day Murphy established control in 2017/18, outside of several good drafts and a few UFA signings what has Gute actually done? Lafleur, most now seem to think he rode the coat tails of the now departed QB, my question is will another 15 months change anything? other then using another high pick on a QB or a defensive player? been pretty much rinse and repeat till these last 2 drafts when he finally opted for offensive skill players.

I now have little faith in any of our FO to do anything right

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

You generally never let coaches or gm’s have lame duck seasons. Get a bad reputation, force them to make irresponsible short term decisions.

Matt was signed for 5 years, 39 wins after his first 3 years, no brainer to extend him at the time.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gute, Murphy, and Lafleur should all send Aaron Rodgers royalties, and christmas cards every single year until they die. He made them millionaires.

That said, none of them should be on the hot seat for the entire 2023.

I bring out the pitchforks in 2024 if things do not improve
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur