Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Titans HC Brian Callahan said DB Caleb Farley will be out “a few weeks” with a hamstring injury.

It’s yet another tough break for Farley, who entered camp on the roster bubble after dealing with multiple injuries over the first three years of his career. The Titans selected Farley with the No. 22 overall pick in the 2021 draft. He’s played in just 12 games due in part to a torn ACL suffered in 2021 and a back injury that held him out for the 2022 season. Farley did not see the field in 2023.
Man, I remember being so high on this kid coming out of college. Loads of talent but dude just can't stay healthy. Another tough break for him.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

just some context on other teams and their kicking competition via the Athletic
Lions

K Jake Bates: It’s been a tumultuous start to the Jake Bates Experience. The strong-legged kicker was going to need to show some consistency to beat out Michael Badgley — a proven NFL kicker. Then Badgley went down, clearing the way for Bates to run away with the gig. That hasn’t exactly happened.

Bates has been hit or miss — literally — in training camp. During the final practice before the team headed to New York, I had Bates making 7-of-12 attempts. During joint practice on Tuesday, I had him at 6-for-9. On some level, the Lions could be intentionally putting a lot on his plate to see how he handles things. But still, the results were mixed at best.

However, leave it to Bates to show out in impressive fashion when the lights came on.

In the first quarter, Bates nailed a 53-yarder, in an outdoor stadium, in light rain no less. Sure, it’s the preseason, but that’s a kick the Lions rarely trusted Badgley to attempt. If Bates can build on this, maybe the Lions won’t need to bring in competition.

Kinda speaks to the comment from NCF about choosing accuracy vs big leg length
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

As much as I hate to admit it, both JJ McCarthy and Caleb Williams looked pretty damn good in their debuts. Along with the Lions, who we know are good, this is gonna be a fun, competitive NFC North season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crap. JJ McCarthy looks really good.

Those balls are absolutely gorgeous.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Yeah we might be entering the real Golden Age for the NFC North here.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
11 Aug 2024 09:50

:hide:

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I can’t be a part of this thread any more

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
11 Aug 2024 07:51
As much as I hate to admit it, both JJ McCarthy and Caleb Williams looked pretty damn good in their debuts. Along with the Lions, who we know are good, this is gonna be a fun, competitive NFC North season.

The Black n Blue division needs some rebranding. Any clever ideas?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I love how much of a &%$@-show the Jets are. I hope Reddick continues his hold out or shows up and just stands there and gives 0 effort.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

musclestang wrote:
11 Aug 2024 10:31
Is anyone middle-aged enough to remember the early Adam Sandler "comedy" CD's? There was a sketch called Memory Lane on one of them that GPG's comment totally reminded of.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
12 Aug 2024 14:54
I love how much of a &%$@ the Jets are. I hope Reddick continues his hold out or shows up and just stands there and gives 0 effort.
Baffling that they traded for someone in a contract dispute and didnt resolve his contract issues.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
12 Aug 2024 15:07
musclestang wrote:
11 Aug 2024 10:31
Is anyone middle-aged enough to remember the early Adam Sandler "comedy" CD's? There was a sketch called Memory Lane on one of them that GPG's comment totally reminded of.
Yes, we exist. :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
11 Aug 2024 09:50

I said before the draft that Caleb Williams and JJ McCarthy are the two draft prospect QBsI liked rooting for the most and I was irritated that their most likely landing spots according to draft position, interest, and rumor were Bears and Vikings. I think the division has a chance to have really good QB play now. Obviously the development process matters so we'll see what happens. But they were really fun guys to root for in college. Why couldn't I have been like NCF and been a huge Drake Maye stan?

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

JJ needs surgery on his meniscus. It might be a repair (probably out until november-ish) or a trim, which would be much shorter turnaround but leaves less cartilage for down the road.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Madcity_matt wrote:
13 Aug 2024 12:29
JJ needs surgery on his meniscus. It might be a repair (probably out until november-ish) or a trim, which would be much shorter turnaround but leaves less cartilage for down the road.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Can they repair a meniscus now? Last I knew it was trim or remove if completely torn.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Awful for him. I was actually really looking forward to him playing. I thought he’d bust but looked terrific in that preseason game. I also have the 7th pick in an upcoming draft and am pretty sure I’m ending up with Jefferson.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Aug 2024 15:01
Can they repair a meniscus now? Last I knew it was trim or remove if completely torn.
Tears can be repaired