Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pugger wrote:
16 Oct 2022 18:03
Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 16:17
Wonder how Gutey feels giving Rodgers 50m, while he then goes of and does hallucigenics in the off-season instead of showing up at OTAs, and then comes back and looks average.

Rodgers should have been traded. He would have been if Love had shown himself to be worth a dam.
This is the problem. Gute reached for an average QB so he almost had to give AR that contract extension. He then compounded the problem by not drafting a WR earlier - unless he couldn't find a trading partner to move up. Watkins got hurt - again - and Gute didn't go after any other FA WRs. So here we are with a crappy offense.
And the WR he chose is hurt more than Watkins. Doesn't matter, though, he can't catch anyway.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 18:15
We had two first round picks last year and stayed put. How helpful has wyatt been this season?
Drafting is NEVER to fix this years problems. It's to build for the future. Always has been, always will be.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lulu wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:37
Drj820 wrote:
We had two first round picks last year and stayed put. How helpful has wyatt been this season?
Drafting is NEVER to fix this years problems. It's to build for the future. Always has been, always will be.
Drafting Christian Watson and Doubs was 100% an attempt to fix this years problems.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:10
Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:02
go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:39

D'Vondre Campbell was an All Pro last year too but that doesn't really matter this year does it. David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins are All Pro Offensive linemen and that too doesn't matter this year.

Aaron Rodgers was bad today. He has been bad all year. He over threw Doubs on 4th down and couldn't even hit the easy ones like a wide open Dillon in the flat on a 2nd and 3.

Are his supporting cast members good? Absolutely not. But using that as a crutch to defend clearly poor play at the quarterback position is laughable.

Your barometer is "outplaying" the opposing QB. Wilson outplayed Rodgers today. And Wilson played bad football for most of the game too.

Like the plays were so bad.

The ball to Doubs on a slot fade on 4th and 1. Overthrows by 2 yards.
The ball to Jones down the sideline that is a TD if hit right....misses by 3 yards being short and to the sideline.
He has 8 yards of running room on a right side roll out and instead thrwos a 12 yard pass into double coverage.
Underthrows Tonyan which almost results in a pick 6.
Overthrows Dillon all day.
And as usual stalls and even loses yards once the offense gets within the 33 to 40 yardline of Jets territory.

He had two great throws to Lazard. But other than that this dude was simply horrible today. And this is becoming a trend.
Right. I never understood the he was good last year or whatever blah blah blah. He has been bad in 2022. Yes he's going to the hall but right now... When it matters he's playing like a back up. That's the facts. AR has been trash in 2022 and he doesn't see it.

Can he get out of this funk I think so but he needs a hard look in the mirror and an ego check
he said after the game he needs to play a "tick" better. Lol

Hopefully we have different definitions of "tick".

On one hand I give 12 some sympathy because no QB looks good with a bottom 5 WR unit and no time to throw, on the hand I do not feel bad for him seeing that he demanded 50million dollars.

Its like dude, you ate up a quarter of the cap, figure it out.
"Demanded" $50 mil? Where did that come from?

The guy needs to play better and I wouldn't expect him (or any professional athlete) to go to the podium and proclaim "boy, do I suck".

Be realistic.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lulu wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:41
Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:10
Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Oct 2022 21:02

Right. I never understood the he was good last year or whatever blah blah blah. He has been bad in 2022. Yes he's going to the hall but right now... When it matters he's playing like a back up. That's the facts. AR has been trash in 2022 and he doesn't see it.

Can he get out of this funk I think so but he needs a hard look in the mirror and an ego check
he said after the game he needs to play a "tick" better. Lol

Hopefully we have different definitions of "tick".

On one hand I give 12 some sympathy because no QB looks good with a bottom 5 WR unit and no time to throw, on the hand I do not feel bad for him seeing that he demanded 50million dollars.

Its like dude, you ate up a quarter of the cap, figure it out.
"Demanded" $50 mil? Where did that come from?

The guy needs to play better and I wouldn't expect him (or any professional athlete) to go to the podium and proclaim "boy, do I suck".

Be realistic.
???

Not following

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Surprised noone has mentioned AR talking about "adding" players in his presser. He wants OBJ, but they will be out of the playoff race by then.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lulu wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
that use to be true, not so much any more, specially with the first 2 rounds, College players play in pro systems, so there more ready to contribute sooner, we had a article here I brought about 2 weeks ago, showing how much quicker rookies are ready to play, look how quickly some players adapt, Alexander was ready year one, so was Stokes last year, Olave is the 12 leading receiver in the league, some positions to me are just harder, like DL, and also ILB, both Walker and Wyatt imo have a tougher learning curve.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Realist wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:18
lupedafiasco wrote:
16 Oct 2022 20:02
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:57

No game change D that's for sure. Embarrassing again. Boo birds were out!
The boo birds should be out. Fans at the game are paying their money and more importantly fly their time to watch an awful product.

I’ve said this in the past but without an owner it’s on the fans to put pressure on this organization and hold them accountable. Otherwise you have a Ted Thompson in charge for far longer than he should running the team into the ground.
For christz sakes lupe. There is a waiting list of 30000 for season tickets and fans buy phoney shares ,of the team for 250 a pop. I don't see a revolt coming for a bit.
They’ll sell tickets for sure. That’s not my point. It is up to the fan base and media to voice their displeasure with the product on the field if it isn’t up to standards. The media called out LaFleur all week and some of them are even starting to question Gutenbumst, thank god.

This is how you hold an ownerless team accountable. If we did have a true owner they would be pulling both coach and GM into the office and telling them to fix it and that this is unacceptable.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lulu wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
I agree. Which is why I am trying to draw awareness to how absolutely atrocious the 2018 and 2020 drafts were for this team. It should not be a shock that a team with 2 drafts as god awful as those is in the position they are right now.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
16 Oct 2022 22:00
lulu wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
that use to be true, not so much any more, specially with the first 2 rounds, College players play in pro systems, so there more ready to contribute sooner, we had a article here I brought about 2 weeks ago, showing how much quicker rookies are ready to play, look how quickly some players adapt, Alexander was ready year one, so was Stokes last year, Olave is the 12 leading receiver in the league, some positions to me are just harder, like DL, and also ILB, both Walker and Wyatt imo have a tougher learning curve.
Rookie sauce Gardner left lambeau wearing a cheesehead. There were plenty of rookies in last years draft ready to help this team at receiver. We sat back and held onto two first round picks instead.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 22:20
Yoop wrote:
lulu wrote:

Rookie sauce Gardner left lambeau wearing a cheesehead. There were plenty of rookies in last years draft ready to help this team at receiver. We sat back and held onto two first round picks instead.
There were two in round two who could have helped. They are wearing black and yellow, and blue and white. Instead Gute picked a track guy that can't catch or stay off the training table.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Oct 2022 22:30
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

There were two in round two who could have helped. They are wearing black and yellow, and blue and white. Instead Gute picked a track guy that can't catch or stay off the training table.
Yeah but he says yes sir and no sir to Gute

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

wallyuwl wrote:
16 Oct 2022 22:30
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I don't want to sound like I'm sticking up for Gute but we don't know if he tried to make a deal to move up in that first round. He could have been willing but it takes 2 to tango.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't think OBJ being out there yesterday would make a marked difference or our offense.

Our offense sucked because everyone on the Oline except Meyers got absolutely destroyed all day and Aaron Rodgers made poor decision after poor decision and threw bad ball after bad ball.

I just think there is too much of an emphasis on using the WRs as a crutch because it makes people feel good inside that "they aren't wrong". I thought honestly the best play of the day was made by our WRs. Lazard and Doubs both had AMAZING receptions.

And I am constantly hearing from people who watch the All-22 that our WRs are getting open every play. Romeo Doubs doesn't get close to an elite level PFF grade or "highest graded" by Andy Herman vs the Giants last week with little production because he isn't getting open.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Right now, the only thing that the Packers has done consistently well is Rashan Gary getting to the QB.

By and large our front 5 have done pretty good at collapsing the edge and pushing the middle. I also think Aaron Jones looks better than he has in years.

Other than that, this team is bad.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 06:35
I don't think OBJ being out there yesterday would make a marked difference or our offense.

Our offense sucked because everyone on the Oline except Meyers got absolutely destroyed all day and Aaron Rodgers made poor decision after poor decision and threw bad ball after bad ball.

I just think there is too much of an emphasis on using the WRs as a crutch because it makes people feel good inside that "they aren't wrong". I thought honestly the best play of the day was made by our WRs. Lazard and Doubs both had AMAZING receptions.

And I am constantly hearing from people who watch the All-22 that our WRs are getting open every play. Romeo Doubs doesn't get close to an elite level PFF grade or "highest graded" by Andy Herman vs the Giants last week with little production because he isn't getting open.
you want to blame Rodgers, and he deserves his share, but in the time Rodgers has to set up and throw rarely is a receiver open, against man coverage all of our receivers struggle, you and others can high light when one is, but Rodgers under pressure can't see every receiver at every moment of a single play, even on the deep passes that are a bit off target, whats obvious is that receivers aren't tracking some of those passes which amounts to them not adjusting to make a catch.

I admit Rodgers has not been as sharp as he normally is, but this group of WR's don't worry DC's, we don't have a receiver that demands more then single coverage, they rarely ever even win a 1x1 contest.

from a clean pocket Rodgers has been one of the best in the league, but he's rarely had clean pockets this season.

theres a lot of blame to go around, but Guty not doing a better job of keeping the receiver group stocked with better talent tops my list, and all 22 with it's areal view can be used to show receivers open all the time, and on every play, but thats hardly the view a QB has trying to avoid pressure will scanning 3 or 4 receiver routes, Rodgers was pounded yesterday, but as usual he gets the majority of the blame.

lets sit him and play Love

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:13
go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 06:35

you want to blame Rodgers, and he deserves his share, but in the time Rodgers has to set up and throw rarely is a receiver open, against man coverage all of our receivers struggle, you and others can high light when one is, but Rodgers under pressure can't see every receiver at every moment of a single play, even on the deep passes that are a bit off target, whats obvious is that receivers aren't tracking some of those passes which amounts to them not adjusting to make a catch.

I admit Rodgers has not been as sharp as he normally is, but this group of WR's don't worry DC's, we don't have a receiver that demands more then single coverage, they rarely ever even win a 1x1 contest.

from a clean pocket Rodgers has been one of the best in the league, but he's rarely had clean pockets this season.

theres a lot of blame to go around, but Guty not doing a better job of keeping the receiver group stocked with better talent tops my list, and all 22 with it's areal view can be used to show receivers open all the time, and on every play, but thats hardly the view a QB has trying to avoid pressure will scanning 3 or 4 receiver routes, Rodgers was pounded yesterday, but as usual he gets the majority of the blame.

lets sit him and play Love
Our primary issues on offense yesterday was the putrid lack of tryig to block anyone from the Oline and then Rodgers.

The skill position players were bad too. Especially AJ Dillon. Good lord was he bad.

But the blocking was atrocious. I can't think of any excuse how an Oline as good as we have can play so poorly.

The receiver discussion is like 3rd on the list of issues that need to get cleaned up. I have no issues saying we lack talent or experienced talent there. That's obvious. But the level of emphasis being placed on the WRs when there are clearly other more pressing issues is the laughable piece.

Like the thought that an OBJ or DJ Moore can just be plugged in and this offense turns successful is laughable.
Last edited by go pak go on 17 Oct 2022 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:00
Right now, the only thing that the Packers has done consistently well is Rashan Gary getting to the QB.

By and large our front 5 have done pretty good at collapsing the edge and pushing the middle. I also think Aaron Jones looks better than he has in years.

Other than that, this team is bad.
Gary plays with aggression and great hand use, sheds blocks, when he can't shed it's often because he's being held.

Aaron Jones has always looked good, when he isn't he's probably bruised up, our RB's make yrds after first contact as much as any backs in the league.

the OL has degraded, it leads to other stuff struggling, like Rodgers, the RB's and lack of time for routes to develop, we need to get this OL playing better.

again, we miss Barnes, Campbell is trying to cover for Walker, who is often out of position, do we blame his coach? I remember the consensus here is that ILB is a easy transition, so what's wrong, imo biggest reason for struggles stopping the run, well that and lack of containment

our rookies tend to play well, then our coaches cause them to look mental year two, whats that say to you, as Rodgers said, we become to complicated before players are prepared for complicated schemes, imo that seems accurate, because we see so many broken plays, and confusion with coverage.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I would say the two things the Packers have done incredibly well in my lifetime as a fan is incredibly consistent play at the QB position and Offensive Line.

There are essentially 3 seasons where our offensive line has been horrible: 2005, 2015 and 2018. Those seasons are also likely the worst seasons for me as a fan. I don't know if it's a Stenovich leaving to OC thing or what....but it's absolutely astonishing to me how bad this group has gotten when we have all of our guys back.

I never dreamed they would be this bad with Bak and Jenkins out. Because we weren't last year.
Yoop wrote: