Packers @ Lions GDT: Sunday, Nov. 6th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

In light of the above information and PFF grades, I demand a Here's Johnny re-vote!! :oops: :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Huge play missed as we try to play 2021 ball...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sammy Watkins, you suck balls.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 12:01

That is a great analysis. And it shows why there is so little margin for our offense. On one side, Tonyan was going to break open for a big gain. And he did. Trouble was that Rodgers wanted Lazard on the sideline. And when Lazard didn’t give himself room to land, that robbed the play of any margin that it had.

That is the “concept” that I do not like with Rodgers. The concept says that anytime that Rodgers has single coverage on the sideline and he likes that matchup, he can throw the ball there, no matter what else is happening on the field. Problem is, if the WR doesn’t do his job well, there’s no margin. And that becomes very low percentage. And that’s very likely on third and short and fourth and short situations too! I’d must rather go to the percentage side more often as a priority in the concept. You might not get as many big plays. But you sure will move the chains a lot more.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
08 Nov 2022 15:06
Pckfn23 wrote:

That is a great analysis. And it shows why there is so little margin for our offense. On one side, Tonyan was going to break open for a big gain. And he did. Trouble was that Rodgers wanted Lazard on the sideline. And when Lazard didn’t give himself room to land, that robbed the play of any margin that it had.

That is the “concept” that I do not like with Rodgers. The concept says that anytime that Rodgers has single coverage on the sideline and he likes that matchup, he can throw the ball there, no matter what else is happening on the field. Problem is, if the WR doesn’t do his job well, there’s no margin. And that becomes very low percentage. And that’s very likely on third and short and fourth and short situations too! I’d must rather go to the percentage side more often as a priority in the concept. You might not get as many big plays. But you sure will move the chains a lot more.
Most it is back to the presnap read issues that have been talked about this year. The entire play was based off that presnap read, but if there was a post snap read, it would have been a big play.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 15:24
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Most it is back to the presnap read issues that have been talked about this year. The entire play was based off that presnap read, but if there was a post snap read, it would have been a big play.
Dumbest analysis. They were on the goal line. Play us quick and your primary option plus best receiver has single cover.

It's the right play.

People play too many computers games.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
08 Nov 2022 16:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

Dumbest analysis. They were on the goal line. Play us quick and your primary option plus best receiver has single cover.

It's the right play.

You might want to stick to yelling at clouds as your football knowledge is a clown show at best. There is enough time for 1 or 2 reads at the goal line. As Dusty points out, which ai am sure you did not watch, presnap looks single high and there is most likely a 1 on 1 with Lazard. It also shows that the linebackers should be taking Tonyan and Dillon. So first read is the OLB. If he comes down, like he did, chuck it to Tonyan. If he rolls back to trail Tonyan , come back to Lazard on the sideline. As I said, there was no post snap read, which has been a problem this year.

This isn't Madden, this is real life football, but I wouldn't expect you to understand, because you have no desire to. All you want to do is hero worship. It's ok, but then don't join the conversation with the big boys. Those post snap reads have to happen especially since we don't have an Adams.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad read presnap, but with a post snap read the play could have worked and been really good.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... d-defenses

Aaron Rodgers was supposed to be the player who would elevate those around him on the Green Bay Packers’ offense. That’s what you are paying for when you give a quarterback a $150 million contract over three years.

Instead of being the rising tide that lifts the boat, Rodgers has been treading water for weeks before turning into a giant anchor that sank the offense on Sunday afternoon. Rodgers’ three interceptions — two of which came inside the ten-yard line and the third from just outside the 20 — were all the result of bad throws or bad decisions.

Indeed, Rodgers’ post-snap processing, his reading of defenses during the play, used to be one of his greatest strengths. Almost overnight, it has become one of his greatest weaknesses, as he seems unable to find open receivers and work through progressions beyond his first read.

Sure, there are plenty of personnel questions in the wide receiver group. In this game, the Packers lost their top two rookie receivers to injury. But there were still plenty of plays to be made in the red zone, and Rodgers simply failed to make them. Now, as a result, Rodgers has a passer rating of just 89.0 in 2022, a lower number than in any season since taking over as the starter in 2008, and he’s already thrown more interceptions than in any season since 2016.

It’s quite a tumble for the two-time defending MVP, and one that doesn’t look to have an easy answer. Plus, given the Packers’ current situation, it’s probably too late to salvage the 2022 season anyway.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 16:45
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It's the right play.

You might want to stick to yelling at clouds as your football knowledge is a clown show at best. There is enough time for 1 or 2 reads at the goal line. As Dusty points out, which ai am sure you did not watch, presnap looks single high and there is most likely a 1 on 1 with Lazard. It also shows that the linebackers should be taking Tonyan and Dillon. So first read is the OLB. If he comes down, like he did, chuck it to Tonyan. If he rolls back to trail Tonyan , come back to Lazard on the sideline. As I said, there was no post snap read, which has been a problem this year.

This isn't Madden, this is real life football, but I wouldn't expect you to understand, because you have no desire to. All you want to do is hero worship. It's ok, but then don't join the conversation with the big boys. Those post snap reads have to happen especially since we don't have an Adams.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad read presnap, but with a post snap read the play could have worked and been really good.
Nope pre snap read was the right read. The pass was the right pass. Just not good enough now to win one on one match ups.

Post snap reads - ITS ON THE GOALINE. Det showing pressure. Yeah just circle through your progressions on goaline with pressure with single man on your best wr.

Also the freeze framing has got you again as it always does. When he freeze frames Rodgers planted foot his arm is up. It's way to late. Det knew Rodgers was passing way earlier and that's when the linebacker on tonyan moved off him... when he saw Rodgers was going to lazard.

I think it is probably more so that Detroit just thought we will give you this but your receivers are so bad they won't win the one v one.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
08 Nov 2022 17:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

It's the right play.

Nope pre snap read was the right read. The pass was the right pass. Just not good enough now to win one on one match ups.

Post snap reads - ITS ON THE GOALINE. Det showing pressure. Yeah just circle through your progressions on goaline with pressure with single man on your best wr.

Also the freeze framing has got you again as it always does. When he freeze frames Rodgers planted foot his arm is up. It's way to late. Det knew Rodgers was passing way earlier and that's when the linebacker on tonyan moved off him... when he saw Rodgers was going to lazard.

I think it is probably more so that Detroit just thought we will give you this but your receivers are so bad they won't win the one v one.
As always you show your ineptitude in this area. No where was it said "circle through your progressions." 1 or 2 reads was said. There was plenty of time for 1.

Did you even listen to the commentary? Nope you didn't. Dusty fully admits Rodgers is throwing it before Tonyan comes open, but if he reads it, Tonyan would have come open. The LB didn't come off of Tonyan because of the throw, he is trailing him by 3 yards and didn't even see the throw. His $%@# back is turn to the QB... haha! Nice try though! Always an adventure with you trying to make things up. It's absolutely hilarious reading what you can make up even when it is exactly explained to you.

Detroit knows we struggle with post snap reads or don't do it at all. They got us because of that.

That you can't even be bothered to listen or watch these just tells me you don't want to even attempt to learn a thing or deviate from your belief regardless of the evidence.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 18:00
bud fox wrote:
08 Nov 2022 17:38
Pckfn23 wrote:

As always you show your ineptitude in this area. No where was it said "circle through your progressions." 1 or 2 reads was said. There was plenty of time for 1.

Did you even listen to the commentary? Nope you didn't. Dusty fully admits Rodgers is throwing it before Tonyan comes open, but if he reads it, Tonyan would have come open. The LB didn't come off of Tonyan because of the throw, he is trailing him by 3 yards and didn't even see the throw. His $%@# back is turn to the QB... haha! Nice try though! Always an adventure with you trying to make things up. It's absolutely hilarious reading what you can make up even when it is exactly explained to you.

Detroit knows we struggle with post snap reads or don't do it at all. They got us because of that.

That you can't even be bothered to listen or watch these just tells me you don't want to even attempt to learn a thing or deviate from your belief regardless of the evidence.
So wrong so dumb. No lb was trailing him by 3 yards or you mean the lb that Dusty said is on him lol you literally just believe everything ol Dusty has said.

Ol Dusty the progressions on the play.

The play was for lazard. Couldn't ask for anything better. Just need to win a one v one.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't need to believe him, I can see it on the screen. You continue to prove how little you understand football. Go watch it! Learn something!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Nov 2022 19:40
I don't need to believe him, I can see it on the screen. You continue to prove how little you understand football. Go watch it! Learn something!
Alright Mr no nothing about football.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I can see the accuracy and arm strength decline of Rodgers.

But the awareness, pre snap and post snap reads, and overall getting smoked by defensive coordinators is alarming. I don't understand how that has declined so much. It's like 2018 again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screenshot 2022-11-09 8.02.01 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-09 8.02.01 AM.png (263.22 KiB) Viewed 336 times
The red circle must be a figment of my imagination.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

In my limited knowledge, it appears to me that the O-line issues have caused Rodgers to go with his pre-snap reads. He appears to me to look at the rush much more this year than the last 2 years and that is causing him to miss reads. Rodgers has consistently said the different O-line combinations have been a big reason for the team out of rhythm.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

at times Rodgers appears to stick to called plays, no post snap reads, just sticks with x's and o's, other times he'll extend plays searching every receiver route in hopes that one will separate, success has been minimal with both tactics, typically Rodgers walks to the side lines pissed off, frustrated, and dejected, however he hasn't resorted to throwing IPads as of yet that I know of :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
09 Nov 2022 08:23
In my limited knowledge, it appears to me that the O-line issues have caused Rodgers to go with his pre-snap reads. He appears to me to look at the rush much more this year than the last 2 years and that is causing him to miss reads. Rodgers has consistently said the different O-line combinations have been a big reason for the team out of rhythm.

thats not limited knowledge at all, it's the biggest problem we have, even more so then the receivers, the OL has been very inconsistent, on one series the blocking will be good, so good in fact that we'll march down the field, long time consuming drives mostly do to run blocking success, the next series the run blocking sucks along with pass pro that usually does suck, Rodgers never knows exactly where the pressure will come, just that it's likely that it'll come some where.

earlier in the season stats where brought that showed Rodgers doing well from clean pockets, now we are seeing a drastic decline from those stats, imo thats because he lacks faith with the blocking, and is just going with called plays, we saw some improvisation with him running, because the blocking was breaking down and receivers weren't open, nice to see him do it, but that was obviously last resort stuff, and doubt we'll see a lot of that going forward, he's to slow these days.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »