Vikings @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 1st, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Savage had a game. It needs to be recognized that he has turned his career around a bit the last two weeks. He is still a piece of &%$@ wet blanket defender against the run but his aggressiveness in coverage today was great.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Worst 5 12+ win teams in point differential:
image.png
image.png (46.36 KiB) Viewed 395 times
Vikings are now at -19. They would need to beat the Bears by 51 to not be the worst 12+ win team in point differential. They would have to beat the Bears by 83 to not be the worst 13+ win team in point differential.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:26
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:06
How crazy would it be if it's the 4-8 Packers that are actually the team to go and beat the damned 49ers in the playoffs.
If we play the 49ers 100 times we would go 0-100. Not only are they a better team but have the better matchups across the board. They gap us at every position except CB and that doesn’t matter in the playoffs what you have a strong front 4.
I'm honestly glad we will play SF because if there is a week to face them...it's right away. They are the team to beat in the conference IMO.

But yes I agree that a win vs them is very unlikely. At some point we need a great performance from Rodgers to do something. We can't beat SF relying solely on our run game and defense like we have all year.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:41
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:26
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:06
How crazy would it be if it's the 4-8 Packers that are actually the team to go and beat the damned 49ers in the playoffs.
If we play the 49ers 100 times we would go 0-100. Not only are they a better team but have the better matchups across the board. They gap us at every position except CB and that doesn’t matter in the playoffs what you have a strong front 4.
I'm honestly glad we will play SF because if there is a week to face them...it's right away. They are the team to beat in the conference IMO.

But yes I agree that a win vs them is very unlikely. At some point we need a great performance from Rodgers to do something. We can't beat SF relying solely on our run game and defense like we have all year.
We would need our OLine to do better than the last time we played them in the playoffs and better than they’ve played all this season so far. That isn’t undoable. But it is a challenge, for sure. If they can keep Rodgers clean, anything can happen, especially if we have any success running the ball. But we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. Lions are next up. They have a good and hefty OLine too. Barry’s D will need to show that it’s for real or we’ll get beat good.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

packman114 wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:19
If we played this aggressive on D all year we would have won the division. Really would like Barry to explain why it took so long.
Me too. What the heck was Barry doing all of these past weeks / weekends? I think he's still fire-able. But then again whatever I think doesn't really matter.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:18
Let us all know if you get a PM ripping you for posting the same thing in 2 different threads. A few weeks ago I was chastised for posting the famous 1968 Sports Illustrated with Bob Brown and Forrest Gregg on the cover proclaiming "The Packers Are Not Dead".

:woohoo:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
Let us all know if you get a PM ripping you for posting the same thing in 2 different threads. A few weeks ago I was chastised for posting the famous 1968 Sports Illustrated with Bob Brown and Forrest Gregg on the cover proclaiming "The Packers Are Not Dead".

:?: :?: :?:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 20:47
Pckfn23 wrote:

Only some of us aren’t allowed to discuss certain things.

Anyways, great win.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Oh FFS.

[mention]RingoCStarrQB[/mention] - you were sent a note because you were cluttering multiple threads with the same non-topic pertinent or related posts. Copy and pasting the same non-topic related post in multiple threads is annoying. Sorry. Get over it.

Same with you, [mention]Drj820[/mention]. Get over your butt-hurtness over whatever it was you keep dredging up. None of us even remember anymore. Funny how you can hold a grudge over some perceived minor slight from months ago while completely ignoring your own douchebaggery over the past month in thread after thread pissing on fans holding out hope for a playoff run.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:11
Honestly wasn’t feeling it today. Everything had been going too well, just didn’t think this team, D in particular, was good enough. But damn!!

Don’t even wanna think about how we match up against playoff teams, felt like we’ve played most already. But just need tunnel vision. Beat Detroit, figure it out after that.
Yup, one thing at a time. If we slip up and lose next week it's all over.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2023 21:46
Oh FFS.

@RingoCStarrQB - you were sent a note because you were cluttering multiple threads with the same non-topic pertinent or related posts. Copy and pasting the same non-topic related post in multiple threads is annoying. Sorry. Get over it.

Same with you, @Drj820. Get over your butt-hurtness over whatever it was you keep dredging up. None of us even remember anymore. Funny how you can hold a grudge over some perceived minor slight from months ago while completely ignoring your own douchebaggery over the past month in thread after thread pissing on fans holding out hope for a playoff run.
Sorry to offend you. I said it was a great win.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
Oh FFS.

@RingoCStarrQB - you were sent a note because you were cluttering multiple threads with the same non-topic pertinent or related posts. Copy and pasting the same non-topic related post in multiple threads is annoying. Sorry. Get over it.

Same with you, @Drj820. Get over your butt-hurtness over whatever it was you keep dredging up. None of us even remember anymore. Funny how you can hold a grudge over some perceived minor slight from months ago while completely ignoring your own douchebaggery over the past month in thread after thread pissing on fans holding out hope for a playoff run.
Oh I get it now .... it was the "non-topic related post" offense that caused this. I'll try to remember to do a better job staying on topic. Go Packers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 06:11
APB wrote:
Oh FFS.

Oh I get it now .... it was the "non-topic related post" offense that caused this. I'll try to remember to do a better job staying on topic. Go Packers.
Go Pack

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 06:11
APB wrote:
Oh FFS.

:nono: :rotfl: :grin: :chuckle: :surrender: :cigar: :guitar: :cheer: :dance: :heart: :stanta: :usa:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Does 23 or anybody have any figures on how many QB pressures we had yesterday? I know there were some. But I actually was hoping for more.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
02 Jan 2023 08:07
Does 23 or anybody have any figures on how many QB pressures we had yesterday? I know there were some. But I actually was hoping for more.
All I know is Next Gen Stats has Clark at 7 for the game. Should know more later this morning.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Jan 2023 19:33
Worst 5 12+ win teams in point differential:
image.png

Vikings are now at -19. They would need to beat the Bears by 51 to not be the worst 12+ win team in point differential. They would have to beat the Bears by 83 to not be the worst 13+ win team in point differential.
So? The Lions are currently +22 and fighting to get into the playoffs. Jacksonville is +50 fighting for a playoff spot. 3 of the Viking's losses account for 78 points.

And the Packers are at what? +3 fighting to get into the playoffs.

Tell me, what would you rather be -19 and in or +3 and fighting to get in?