Rodgers Traded

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wizard 87 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 15:24
My intent earlier was NOT to undermine anyone, if taken that way I apologize. I just 100% have seen 3 large packer boards go under when folks started taking things too positive/negative and skewing the board that way.

I said this in another thread, consider yourselves lucky Jeff or Louder aren't here after some of the posts the past few weeks. You would be on a vaca and get a very stern PM. Yeah, I miss Jeff and several others who are no longer with us. Yes, I am melancholy about the place.

Enjoy your summer, and see you all in July.
I'm not sure I follow your line of thought on this. Are you saying the negative is being stifled here? Or are you saying that the board has become too loose allowing too much... Whatever?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 15:35
wizard 87 wrote:
My intent earlier was NOT to undermine anyone, if taken that way I apologize. I just 100% have seen 3 large packer boards go under when folks started taking things too positive/negative and skewing the board that way.

I said this in another thread, consider yourselves lucky Jeff or Louder aren't here after some of the posts the past few weeks. You would be on a vaca and get a very stern PM. Yeah, I miss Jeff and several others who are no longer with us. Yes, I am melancholy about the place.

I'm not sure I follow your line of thought on this. Are you saying the negative is being stifled here? Or are you saying that the board has become too loose allowing too much... Whatever?
None of the above, I am simply saying you don't want it to go one-sided one way or another. I am also saying that some folks had some hissy fits that a long time ago would have got Jeff's foot firmly planted in their backsides had they done the same thing. :idn:

But I digress, I've clearly overstayed my welcome here. Probably a mistake to come back.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Some of you underestimate yourselves. The packers don’t have a billionaire owner. We are a fan owned franchise. We vote with our dollars. Packers underachieve, Murphy raises ticket prices, some of you say “thank you sir may I have another” and still fill the seats, and everyone continues to keep their jobs.

Voting with your dollars is how Lafleur gets a budget to hire a Vic fangio for DC over Barry.

The national disgrace that was the special teams finally got fixed and we hired a real STs coach once the fans wouldn’t shut up about the issue.

We have no owner. They need our dollars. Vote with your dollars. You are more powerful than you think.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wizard 87 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 15:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 15:35
wizard 87 wrote:

None of the above, I am simply saying you don't want it to go one-sided one way or another. I am also saying that some folks had some hissy fits that a long time ago would have got Jeff's foot firmly planted in their backsides had they done the same thing. :idn:

But I digress, I've clearly overstayed my welcome here. Probably a mistake to come back.
I love you wizard.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 14:59
No, you are simply pot stirring, to put it kindly. He is not being ridiculed here. The only who did that was YOU.

We did NOT all know what he meant, which is why an article was brought and the argument did not start until days after when you brought it back up. You are little more than a pot stirrer. This is your time, your hay day, when there is little to talk about, so it makes it easy for you to do all that you love. It's the only reason you were upset when PackerNation was again banned. It's also why you use insulting monikers for coaches and players. You want arguments for their own sake.

Yoop gets upset when we can't decipher what he means instead of taking his words at face value. Yoop gets upset when he is asked questions to clarify what he means. It's a no win situation with him, which is why you love it.
I get upset because your questions are nothing more then sarcastic ridicule, and you know it.

and if you think the only involvement Rodgers wanted was a character profile then your being this

dis·in·gen·u·ous
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
"he was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"

I used that word because it fits what went on here to a tee, everyone new by involvement and consulting I meant more then just a group meeting to voice personality issues, why is it the smartest people in this forum act all dummy down in order to expose my poor or wrong words when they know what I was getting at, oh, I know, to win arguments, bravo you succeeded, except you really didn't do any more then prove what jerks you can be

DRJ thanks for the support, there are no rules stopping you from disagreeing with the people that run this team, since 2016 theres been a lot done wrong to go with the lot done right, some of it normal operating procedure. :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
No, you are simply pot stirring, to put it kindly. He is not being ridiculed here. The only who did that was YOU.

We did NOT all know what he meant, which is why an article was brought and the argument did not start until days after when you brought it back up. You are little more than a pot stirrer. This is your time, your hay day, when there is little to talk about, so it makes it easy for you to do all that you love. It's the only reason you were upset when PackerNation was again banned. It's also why you use insulting monikers for coaches and players. You want arguments for their own sake.

Yoop gets upset when we can't decipher what he means instead of taking his words at face value. Yoop gets upset when he is asked questions to clarify what he means. It's a no win situation with him, which is why you love it.
I get upset because your questions are nothing more then sarcastic ridicule, and you know it.

and if you think the only involvement Rodgers wanted was a character profile then your being this

dis·in·gen·u·ous
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
"he was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"

I used that word because it fits what went on here to a tee, everyone new by involvement and consulting I meant more then just a group meeting to voice personality issues, why is it the smartest people in this forum act all dummy down in order to expose my poor or wrong words when they know what I was getting at, oh, I know, to win arguments, bravo you succeeded, except you really didn't do any more then prove what jerks you can be

DRJ thanks for the support, there are no rules stopping you from disagreeing with the people that run this team, since 2016 theres been a lot done wrong to go with the lot done right, some of it normal operating procedure. :aok:
Thank you Yoop. I am sorry our friendship upsets 23, but I will continue to do what I think is right.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:01
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, they are not. You read into them that way due to your personality that loves conflict.
I used that word because it fits what went on here to a tee, everyone new by involvement and consulting I meant more then just a group meeting to voice personality issues,
Not everyone, which is why an article was brought to show consultation and why you are now moving the goal post yet again. You never said involvement originally. What you mean needs to be typed out OR you need to not take offense when people ask clarifying questions. You can't have it both ways...
why is it the smartest people in this forum act all dummy down in order to expose my poor or wrong words when they know what I was getting at, oh, I know, to win arguments, bravo you succeeded
people.. and yet you claim everyone knew what you meant. Peopele are taking you at your word, but when called on it, you move the goalpost and your pot stirrer comes to the rescue because he enjoys the conflict. It's a sad truth because it has nothing to do with Packers. Say what you mean from now on OR don't get upset when people ask clarifying questions.

You were never ridiculed in this conversation, but simply it was pointed out that your claim was wrong. The only ridicule in this entire argument came from the sanctimonious pot stirrer himself...
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 04 Jun 2023 16:23, edited 4 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:04

I am sorry our friendship upsets 23, but I will continue to do what I think is right.
A perfect example of what I was saying above and exactly what Wizard was talking about.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A very strange phenomenon to me, which happens all the time, and I simply and genuinely don't understand it--and I like [mention]wizard 87[/mention] a lot as a poster, I wish he posted more.

But someone who doesn't post as often will show up in a thread and sort of take a side while broadcasting the message that the board is not healthy (fair) and diversity of opinions is what makes a board worth posting on, to avoid boredom.

And then when people are like "yes, I too value diversity of opinion, but here's why yours is wrong" or "your perception of this argument you hopped into might be incomplete" the person who showed up advocating for a diversity of opinion says "well, looks like I've worn out my welcome" and retreats.

But that is not what diversity of opinion looks like. It specifically means that you should expect people to disagree with you; and in the glory of diversifying opinions, they should say so, in writing, on the forum. The whole point is posting things which will have conversation or debate attached to them.

And look, absolutely, a smallish offseason board is gonna get sloppy and I wish that it was less so. But part of the reason it is less so is because people who want to have active football-related conversations take their ball and go home as soon as people push back on them. So do you want a diversity of opinion? Or do you want everyone to say "hey, nice post; good middle ground there; thanks for the levity."? Because it seems like (again, this is a common thing, not directed at Wizard specifically; he's just a current example), it's the latter.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'll say this. The fact that drj and yoop are friends ruined my entire weekend.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:45
You can be in our buddy club too acrobat.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
:rotf: :hail:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:10
people.. and yet you claim everyone knew what you meant. Peopele are taking you at your word, but when called on it, you move the goalpost and your pot stirrer comes to the rescue because he enjoys the conflict. It's a sad truth because it has nothing to do with Packers. Say what you mean from now on OR don't get upset when people ask clarifying questions.
who cares what word I used, you and everyone in here know Rodgers wanted to be more involved then just commenting on a coach profile, so using a word like consultation that could mean one end of extremely involved, or what it was, to get and keep this argument going to prove what? that Rodgers was not allowed to sit and actually talk to a prospective coach? :thwap:

and DRJ is a passionate Packer fan, I agree with him on many matters, I have been more critical on the direction of team building since 2016, and voiced that plenty, some times the pot needs stirring.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2023 17:03
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 16:10
who cares what word I used, you and everyone in here know Rodgers wanted to be more involved then just commenting on a coach profile, so using a word like consultation that could mean one end of extremely involved, or what it was, to get and keep this argument going to prove what? that Rodgers was not allowed to sit and actually talk to a prospective coach? :thwap:

and DRJ is a passionate Packer fan, I agree with him on many matters, I have been more critical on the direction of team building since 2016, and voiced that plenty, some times the pot needs stirring.
Yoop, we all know what you meant. Some just wanted to dissect your words. I say we pray for them and just not let it bother us.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Let’s all cut it out and stay on topic, my goodness.

Gave out a few temporary bans, definitely willing to hand out a few more.

Just getting ridiculous at this point.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 17:02
Acrobat wrote:
:rotf: :hail:
Rodgers Traded is old news.

Hey Wait A Minute ............... Yoop and DrJ are Ringo's friends too! :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jun 2023 11:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Jun 2023 10:49
go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2023 21:25

MLF turned Rodgers career around. Rodgers was on a downward spiral with really only a stretch of 8 elite games between 2015 - 2018. Otherwise everything else was pretty pedestrian for a Rodgers expectation. MLF then came in and created a 13-3 team and then turned Rodgers around to back to back MVPs. I would say that is a tremendous success. He helped turn Aaron Rodgers's career around.
Wait Wait Wait. What does Rodgers' career getting turned around with have to do with LaCoach being viewed as a success so far? It's a team game driven toward bringing the title back to Titletown.....not individual accolades. How hard is this to comprehend across this board?
So only 35 head coaches since the 1966 season have been a success. Good to know.
I guess it's time to try Plan B again. :beer:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2023 17:21

The offseason brings out the worst, not much to talk about.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 Jun 2023 22:30
BF004 wrote:

I am AOK with some quiet time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
04 Jun 2023 22:30
BF004 wrote:

theres always football stuff to talk about, specially this off season, problem is sides have drawn over the main topic.

Packer forums suffer when we change QB's.